Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- nakaroto24 - 2011-02-05

noob question, im running live and i cant get this to play before my videos. I can configure the scritpt by right clicking and it will play when i click on it from programs but wont start before my movie. What am i missing?? thanks.

- giftie - 2011-02-05

With using one of the skins mentioned on the first page of this thread, activating is as simple as selecting the movie you want to watch, bring up the Info screen(i, info, context menu -> info) and select the cinema button( Cinema in Night, Cinema Play in Neon, etc.)

- RXP91 - 2011-02-05

That info needs to be added to the wiki, I spent ages trying to figure that out last night!

For some reason I can't get the trailers to play from a folder that I've set. Anyone else with the problem? Whatever I set the stream/download to, they just won't play from the folder.

Does not run if Movie starts with a DVD Menu - markimark - 2011-02-05

Is it only me or does anybody else discover this.....

It seems that cinema experience does not run if the DVD movie starts with the DVD menu (you know, the one with the options, language, bonus...).

Can anybody confirm this? Does anybody know how to fix this?

- kevron - 2011-02-05

I have all my movies backed up on a HD and they play from there, so I have not tried to run CE with a dvd in. I'll pop a dvd in later and see if I get the same issue.

- moosenoz - 2011-02-05

started a topic in the supplemental tools section for the cinema experience intro videos that i've created so far on the vipidme site

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=93247

cheers

- ijourneaux - 2011-02-05

Giftie

Is the Genre of movie selected for the HCE script available to the script? If it was, it would be possible to only play comedy trailers if a comedy was selected.

Would it be best to organize the trailers in subfolders by genre

Trailers
---Action
---Comedy
---Fantasy

Etc.

It would be relatively easy to configure HDTrailerDownloder to only download certain genres of trailers and save them to the specific folders.

PS Can Trailers be tagged by XBMC so you would know what the genres are? That way they wouldn't have to go to separate folders?

- Juanflaco - 2011-02-05

ijourneaux Wrote:Giftie

Is the Genre of movie selected for the HCE script available to the script? If it was, it would be possible to only play comedy trailers if a comedy was selected.

Trailers
---Action
---Comedy
---Fantasy

Etc.

It would be relatively easy to configure HDTrailerDownloder to only download certain genres of trailers and save them to the specific folders.

PS Can Trailers be tagged by XBMC so you would know what the genres are? That way they wouldn't have to go to separate folders?
Yeah, genre filtering would be a great way to really tailor the cinema experience to the specific feature. I mentioned it before but I think it got lost in the shuffle, filtering trivia slides by genre would be awesome, because chances are good that the people interested in the feature would enjoy trivia in that genre. You have friends over for a Trek movie or something and you get to answer a bunch of sci-fi questions.

I don't know whether trailers are genre-tagged but I do see potential issues because features and slides can be of multiple genres and you'll get so much overlap if you look for a match of any genre tagged to the feature with any genre tagged to the slide, that it really wouldn't be very precisely targeted.

- giftie - 2011-02-05

RXP91 Wrote:That info needs to be added to the wiki, I spent ages trying to figure that out last night!

For some reason I can't get the trailers to play from a folder that I've set. Anyone else with the problem? Whatever I set the stream/download to, they just won't play from the folder.

It's tough to keep track of how to start the script within skins, as I didn't create skins. I do know that the process is available from the skin's forums.

The scraper type needs to be set to Local for the Playback from folder to work..

- nakaroto24 - 2011-02-05

never mind

- giftie - 2011-02-05

ijourneaux Wrote:Giftie

Trailers
---Action
---Comedy
---Fantasy

Etc.

I don't think there is a way for XBMC to tag the trailers. There used to be a program called ATD(Apple Trailers Downloader) that would provide an .nfo file that stored scrap-able info. It would be nice to have an addon that automatically downloads Apple Trailers when XBMC is not in use...

- giftie - 2011-02-05

nakaroto24 Wrote:Ok i see the icon Smile, i clicked on it and it played two trailers but not movie Sad

Your xbmc.log would be really helpful, otherwise I'm just guessing.

Post it to pastebin..

- Auri - 2011-02-05

giftie Wrote:Videos

Could someone explain me the above picture abit more ? or point me to the documentation about it.

Where does this structure need to be nested in ? In a specific folder under XBMC in program files or in User Appdata XBMC folder ?

The root map VIDEO can it be any name or does it have to be called VIDEO and follow the schematic folder names exactly as pointed out on picture, or can you name it as you like as long as you put the right directories in the right place in the addon config ?

I don't know where to start building this dir structure to make this work, if someone could point me in the right direction I'm sure I can take it from there.

Regards
Auri

- giftie - 2011-02-05

Auri Wrote:Could someone explain me the above picture abit more ? or point me to the documentation about it.

Where does this structure need to be nested in ? In a specific folder under XBMC in program files or in User Appdata XBMC folder ?

The root map VIDEO can it be any name or does it have to be called VIDEO and follow the schematic folder names exactly as pointed out on picture, or can you name it as you like as long as you put the right directories in the right place in the addon config ?

I don't know where to start building this dir structure to make this work, if someone could point me in the right direction I'm sure I can take it from there.

Regards
Auri

The only folders that has to be named in a specific way are the Audio Format Folders(the ones in the red box).

The rest are just for keeping things organized. They do not even have to be in the same location(except for the Audio Format Folders) and can be located anywhere on you system as long as you can access them from the settings screen.

The root folder can be anything as well. The Video packs that are available from the first page are set up in a working layout, I think most of us have started there and this has not been too much of an asked question because we started from the packs. I'll add some more information on setting up the folders and paths to the first page and the wiki..

- Auri - 2011-02-05

giftie Wrote:The only folders that has to be named in a specific way are the Audio Format Folders(the ones in the red box).

The rest are just for keeping things organized. They do not even have to be in the same location(except for the Audio Format Folders) and can be located anywhere on you system as long as you can access them from the settings screen.

The root folder can be anything as well. The Video packs that are available from the first page are set up in a working layout, I think most of us have started there and this has not been too much of an asked question because we started from the packs. I'll add some more information on setting up the folders and paths to the first page and the wiki..

Thanks Giftie, you're doing an awesome job with this addon Nod