Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

Play trailers randomly. - plasticmonkey - 2011-02-18

Hello,

I have my HCE set up to play trailers that i have in a directory on my computer.
I so far it plays them all in order but i would like it to pick which trailers to play randomly.

This is also a problem for the music that plays during the trivia portion.

please i would love to know i was hoping it would be something simple to do.

Big Grin

Thanks bunches

- giftie - 2011-02-18

plasticmonkey Wrote:Hello,

I have my HCE set up to play trailers that i have in a directory on my computer.
I so far it plays them all in order but i would like it to pick which trailers to play randomly.

This is also a problem for the music that plays during the trivia portion.

please i would love to know i was hoping it would be something simple to do.

Big Grin

Thanks bunches

Are you saying the script is not shufflng(rondomizing) the Trailers nor the music?

- plasticmonkey - 2011-02-18

no it isnt it plays them in alphibeticial order and it kept playing the same ones for the trailers untill i turned on the option to not show trailers that were already seen

- Death-Axe - 2011-02-18

I can't even get trailers working at all. I have apple movie trailers addon installed and it's working fine, but this addon doesn't play any of them. Tried it with the first option, and the use database option and all I get are the feature presentation video.

NM had it set to 1080p only. works as standard set heh.

One more edit: is there a way to for you to hide the loading dialogue in-between? it renders this addon useless.

- Invincer - 2011-02-19

Invincer Wrote:Okay, the problem remains where the movie is suffled to the background after all the slides and script for CinemaExperiance has run and the movie has started. This is the code on pastebin...

http://pastebin.com/eY3WM3jJ

(Any help is appreciated)

Anyone have any ideas of how to get the script to work correctly on my machine?

- Death-Axe - 2011-02-19

The intro files, feature presentation etc are not randomly playing.... it's the same ones every time. Tried it through 10x in a row to be sure.

A couple of teaser screen shots... - giftie - 2011-02-19

I just though I should post some teasers of the soon to be released(extremely soon) next version of the script...

A few of the enhancements....

- Multiple features, with or with out intermission videos(including Audio Format and Rating Videos)
- Home Window integration
- single button queuing(sorry not Play or Select) but no longer need to go into the Info screen
- BBFC Rating support(I hope it works )
- better logging(for my benefit.. Rolleyes )
- better randomization of slides and videos
- disabling of the Auto Refresh Rate Setting(for the intro files) and the Ability to Automatically re-engage for the Movie(s)
- The much requested ability to disable videos and trivia.

Screen Shot of the Home Window(Transparency!)
(yes that is a fully functional sub menu you see)

Screen Shot of the Home Window(Confluence)

Screen Shots of queuing up a Movie(or two, or three....)
(notice the window at the top of the screen)

Screen Shot of the Feature Presentation Settings Tab
(don't worry, the Number of features can be set to 1)

- soldave - 2011-02-19

Great that someone is working hard to make this addon even better. Kudos to you.

As I've said, I'll be your guinea pig for any BBFC testing or things you need Smile

- Harro - 2011-02-19

@giftie

Just WOW. Big Grin

What you will be bring to CE just for the ease of use is great but the improvements and extra additions to it make it the best addon for XBMC.

Hope others will appreciate all the work you did and for Nuka to start this up.

Thanks

- giftie - 2011-02-19

Harro Wrote:@giftie

Just WOW. Big Grin

What you will be bring to CE just for the ease of use is great but the improvements and extra additions to it make it the best addon for XBMC.

Hope others will appreciate all the work you did and for Nuka to start this up.

Thanks

Thanks Harro...

Confirmed that BBFC Ratings are fully working... - ratings supported 12, 12A, 15, 18, R18, MA, U, and NR

NR Videos are defaulted to when XBMC does not provide a rating.

- D-tyme - 2011-02-20

@giftie -

First and foremost, thanks for the hard work!

The only major issue I'm having is that I have a lot of BluRay rips with lossless audio, but CE doesn't seem to recognize the DTS-HD audio as DTS-MA. It always resorts to the "Other" folder; which has the THX movies. IS there something else I need to edit?

- giftie - 2011-02-20

D-tyme Wrote:@giftie -

First and foremost, thanks for the hard work!

The only major issue I'm having is that I have a lot of BluRay rips with lossless audio, but CE doesn't seem to recognize the DTS-HD audio as DTS-MA. It always resorts to the "Other" folder; which has the THX movies. IS there something else I need to edit?

Can you post your xbmc.log to pastebin?

This couldn't get better... could it? - PatK - 2011-02-20

It's got everything I want and could ask for... love the the idea of an intermission with a tune... would be nice to have music from the credit roll. (no I didn't ask that).

Thank-you, just in case you didn't get enough.

- Peerless - 2011-02-20

Hi, giftie. First i'd like to start by thanking you for the amazing job you and nuka put into this. It changed my way of watching movies.

I follow all the instructions and it works great, I just have a couple of questions/requests.

- I have my video collection in multiple disks, with many local trailers. I can only choose one disk as the trailers' folder. I know, i could possibly "merge" them in a virtual disk or something like that (haven't looked into it yet), but it would be nice if you could provide an option for multiple folders for local trailers.

- Should Dolby TrueHD go into the Other folder?

- I'm having problems playing the DTS-MA/DTS-HR intros. I use Ember. Which media flag should the nfo have? Maybe it's related to it...

Once again, thank you for your hard work, hope to keep seeing great things from you.

Paulo.

- giftie - 2011-02-20

Peerless Wrote:Hi, giftie. First i'd like to start by thanking you for the amazing job you and nuka put into this. It changed my way of watching movies.

I follow all the instructions and it works great, I just have a couple of questions/requests.

- I have my video collection in multiple disks, with many local trailers. I can only choose one disk as the trailers' folder. I know, i could possibly "merge" them in a virtual disk or something like that (haven't looked into it yet), but it would be nice if you could provide an option for multiple folders for local trailers.

I don't know how difficult it would be to add to the script(though it wouldn't be done for a little while) I have all my media stored on a server(Unraid) which now is sitting at 90% full at 10TB(over 700 movies alone) this allows me to serve a single folder to XBMC(called Movies) even though it spans 5 drives. XBMC is none the wiser... Smile It also provides back up in case one of the drives fail...(I just need to replace the drive) but this is another discussion all together...

Peerless Wrote:- Should Dolby TrueHD go into the Other folder?
XBMC does not separate Dolby TrueHD from Dolby Digital, at least not yet(not even in the present development for Eden), you can place them in their own folder - Dolby TrueHD for the time being since they won't used for a little while

Peerless Wrote:- I'm having problems playing the DTS-MA/DTS-HR intros. I use Ember. Which media flag should the nfo have? Maybe it's related to it...

Do you have the DTS-MA videos stored in the DTS-MA folder in Audio? I just ran the script and it works correctly as it should on my end...

Code:
19:37:51 T:2860989296 M:2662645760  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Queued Movie Information
19:37:51 T:2860989296 M:2662645760  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] ----------------------------------------------------------------------
19:37:51 T:2860989296 M:2662645760  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Title: Apocalypse Now
19:37:51 T:2860989296 M:2662645760  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Path: Apocalypse Now
19:37:51 T:2860989296 M:2662645760  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Genre: Drama / War
19:37:51 T:2860989296 M:2662645760  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - MPAA: R
19:37:51 T:2860989296 M:2662645760  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Audio: dtsma
19:37:51 T:2860989296 M:2662645760  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Folder: /home/xbmc/Cinema Experience Stuff/Videos/Audio/DTS-MA/
19:37:51 T:2860989296 M:2662645760  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience]  ----------------------------------------------------------------------
19:37:51 T:2860989296 M:2662645760  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Building Cinema Experience Playlist
19:37:51 T:2860989296 M:2662645760  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Adding Audio Format Video
19:37:51 T:3054860160 M:2662645760   DEBUG: HttpApi Start command: GetDirectory  paras: GetDirectory; /home/xbmc/Cinema Experience Stuff/Videos/Audio/DTS-MA/
19:37:51 T:2860989296 M:2662645760  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience]  - Thumbnail Url: /home/xbmc/Cinema Experience Stuff/Videos/Audio/DTS-MA/hd_dts_orchestra_long_lossless.m2ts
19:37:51 T:2860989296 M:2662645760  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience]  - Thumbnail Filename: cbf657d3.tbn

could you post you xbmc.log to pastebin for me to see what is happening on your system?