Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- giftie - 2011-02-22

Oddsodz - you probably will have to refresh the repo. but it should be there now..

For those whose remotes send Keyboard Presses.... - giftie - 2011-02-22

You will need to add the following to your keyboard.xml file(found in userdata/keymaps/) and then restart XBMC for the changes to take affect.

<zero>Queue</zero> in the <MyVideoLibrary> section.

Original code...
Code:
<MyVideoLibrary>
    <keyboard>
      <delete>Delete</delete>
      <space>Playlist</space>
      <w>ToggleWatched</w>
    </keyboard>
  </MyVideoLibrary>

Changed
Code:
<MyVideoLibrary>
    <keyboard>
      <zero>Queue</zero>
      <delete>Delete</delete>
      <space>Playlist</space>
      <w>ToggleWatched</w>
    </keyboard>
  </MyVideoLibrary>

- Oddsodz - 2011-02-22

giftie Wrote:Oddsodz - you probably will have to refresh the repo. but it should be there now..

Ding Ding, We have a winner.

I Would just like to say thank you very VERY much for taking the time to fix this. Thinking about it now. It really a small thing. But it is them small little things that make a great product.

Now if I can just find a video pack with the old "Peal & Dean" stuff, I will be golden.

Thanks again for this fine addon.

Queue Feature - markimark - 2011-02-22

Is there any way to disable that new Queue Feature? I don´t want that second step just to start my movie with an intro. I don´t want anything else, just my movie plus an intro and some trailers. Do I really need that new feature to make that happen?

VoxCommando Broadcast - jitterjames - 2011-02-22

giftie Wrote:It's finally here...

- Enhancement - Added Broadcast to VoxCommando - turn on in settings -> Miscellaneous

Enjoy...

Thanks for adding this Giftie, but the setting doesn't appear to actually be used. That is, to broadcast is ever sent. I searched through the code and the only time the setting appears is in settings.xml

Were you planning on adding the actual broadcast code later?

You just need to add this to line 257 of
Code:
xbmc.executehttpapi( "Broadcast(<b>CElaunch<li>"+ movie_title +"</b>;33000)" )

If you are queuing multiple features you could adjust the broadcast to use <li>title01<li>title02...</b>

It would also be nice if we could have the port as a setting with the default value of 33000

- htpc-tac - 2011-02-22

Hi markimark,

in settings you can set Feature Presentation to "1", then you only queue 1 movie.
so after you start cinema experience you are directly in the library mode, search the movie you want to watch and instead of starting your movie with ok/select you use "Q" on keyboard or "0" on your remote. Then the scripts starts automatically the queue.
So no more work than before?

- jitterjames - 2011-02-22

htpc-tac Wrote:Hi markimark,

in settings you can set Feature Presentation to "1", then you only queue 1 movie.
so after you start cinema experience you are directly in the library mode, search the movie you want to watch and instead of starting your movie with ok/select you use "Q" on keyboard or "0" on your remote. Then the scripts starts automatically the queue.
So no more work than before?
I used to be able to browse movies normally and then launch cinema experience with a single click.

Now I have to first launch cinema experience, wait for the fancy animation to finish, and then Q a movie. So yes, more work for me.Oo

- htpc-tac - 2011-02-22

No like you see in gifties screenshot, you have the menu "Cinema" beside "Movies", if you customized your skin with gifties skin-packages

So normally your workflow was like this:
  • Click on "Movies" (your movie library is shown then)
  • Search your movie in the library
  • click "info"
  • choose run cinema experience
--> playback starts

Now it´s like this (if you configured the skin with giftie´s files):
  • Click on "Cinema" (Cinema experience starts and movie library is shown)
  • search your movie in the library
  • click "Q" or "0"
--> the playback starts

So for me there are less clicks needed.

that's fine if that's how you *want* to do things, but it doesn't work for everyone.

First off, it's easy to set up scripts or keymaps etc. with the old version so you only need to do one click.

Let's say you are browsing movies with a friend. You were going to just watch a movie, but then you say "oh hey check this out - Cinema experience" it's so cool! So the old way, at that point I could click a single button on my remote. That's one step.

Now the new way, I need to do the following.

1) return to home screen
2) browse to cinema experience
3) select movie titles
4) find my movie again
5) click a button.

So that's now 5 times as much work, except that step 4 could potentially take a while...

me no likey

- htpc-tac - 2011-02-22

you´re right, I understand what you mean.

Better would be to have multiple ways to start the script,
the "old way" , the new way with the Menu& SubMenu or directly start the addon.

Then you would be more flexible in customizing and starting your movies.

- markimark - 2011-02-22

jitterjames Wrote:that's fine if that's how you *want* to do things, but it doesn't work for everyone.

First off, it's easy to set up scripts or keymaps etc. with the old version so you only need to do one click.

Let's say you are browsing movies with a friend. You were going to just watch a movie, but then you say "oh hey check this out - Cinema experience" it's so cool! So the old way, at that point I could click a single button on my remote. That's one step.

1) return to home screen
3) select movie titles
4) find my movie again
5) click a button.

So that's now 5 times as much work, except that step 4 could potentially take a while...

me no likey

I TOTALLY agree here. I don´t like the new feature and actually I would like to have the old version back. The update was made automatically and I did not expect such a change, so I would go back to the version I had before. Is that somehow possible?

I use AeonMQ2 and I could start my movie, including cinema experience with just 1 click on a build in button. Now it all has become complicated. Why?

also you are discouraging it's use for anyone that isn't using one of the matching skins, which is not good for new user adoption.

flexibility is key, as usual. It would be nice if the script could be aware if you were already browsing movies when you launched it, and in that case just queue the currently selected item.

What would also be great (at least for users of VoxCommando and probably also for users of iPhone/android apps, would be if you could launch the script by passing it a movie title. That way you could call the "experience" from anywhere as long as you know what you wanted to watch.

So in VoxCommando I could be browsing my music albums, and then just say:
"cinema experience Avatar" and then sit back and enjoy the show.

That would be sweet!Big Grin Currently I can do with to just watch a movie, but not with the Cinema Experience. I suppose I could do it with a multi step macro but that would be messy.

Just to be clear. I like the new feature. Or at least, I appreciate the effort that went into it, and I am sure there are users that will want to use it, but it should be optional.

- rflores2323 - 2011-02-22

jitterjames Wrote:that's fine if that's how you *want* to do things, but it doesn't work for everyone.

1) return to home screen
3) select movie titles
4) find my movie again
5) click a button.

me no likey

I kinda agree.. I dont get why you are trying to make it a different label and instead of integrating it into the main library we are taking it out and making it its own. I like how it was integrated into the info screen. I think it would of worked better to possibly have a popup saying do you want cinema experience before a movie started then the user picks yes/no from the main library. just my thoughts.

so if I upgrade does this mean that I have to do it the new way and the info cinema button will not work anymore? can we make it optional or have both options to choose from?

- markimark - 2011-02-22

Quote:I kinda agree.. I dont get why you are trying to make it a different label and instead of integrating it into the main library we are taking it out and making it its own. I like how it was integrated into the info screen. I think it would of worked better to possibly have a popup saying do you want cinema experience before a movie started then the user picks yes/no from the main library. just my thoughts.

so if I upgrade does this mean that I have to do it the new way and the info cinema button will not work anymore? can we make it optional or have both options to choose from?

YES......I like that idea with the pop up window if you click play for a movie. Would not need the info panel anymore and nothing else. Just click play and you get the option. This is need - I want this!!!!!!!!!