Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- htpc-tac - 2011-02-22

But not all users like popups Big Grin
I don´t want a popup before every movie starts.

I also agree it would be better to make the cinema button working again. It´s currently implemented in most skins and confuses because it´s not working correctly anymore.

But I also like the new option. When all skins are adapted it can be also much more flexible than before.

Especially for new users it´s fine.
The first time when I called the "old" addon directly I was confused because nothing happened. I thought this script doesn´t work. Only after reading in this forum I learned howto use it.
So for users with less experience, it´s a better starting point with the new addon because you will be directly passed to the movie library when you start the addon in the program list and then it´s short explained how to queue your movie. So it´s more userfriendly for "firsttime-users" without adapt anything and it´s already working for all skins.

What about the idea of multiple ways to start this addon?

- markimark - 2011-02-22

rflores2323 Wrote:I kinda agree.. I dont get why you are trying to make it a different label and instead of integrating it into the main library we are taking it out and making it its own. I like how it was integrated into the info screen. I think it would of worked better to possibly have a popup saying do you want cinema experience before a movie started then the user picks yes/no from the main library. just my thoughts.

so if I upgrade does this mean that I have to do it the new way and the info cinema button will not work anymore? can we make it optional or have both options to choose from?

htpc-tac Wrote:But not all users like popups Big Grin
I don´t want a popup before every movie starts.

I also agree it would be better to make the cinema button working again. It´s currently implemented in most skins and confuses because it´s not working correctly anymore.

But I also like the new option. When all skins are adapted it can be also much more flexible than before.

Especially for new users it´s fine.
The first time when I called the "old" addon directly I was confused because nothing happened. I thought this script doesn´t work. Only after reading in this forum I learned howto use it.
So for users with less experience, it´s a better starting point with the new addon because you will be directly passed to the movie library when you start the addon in the program list and then it´s short explained how to queue your movie. So it´s more userfriendly for "firsttime-users" without adapt anything and it´s already working for all skins.

What about the idea of multiple ways to start this addon?

Yes, multiple ways are fine if they become reality. If not I really would like to see things simplified. BTW, you don´t like pop ups? And what do you call that window that pops up everytime, asking you to press Q or 0?
To change everything after a lot of skinners already have included the cinema button to their info panel makes no sense to me.
Also, I don´t want another category, beside movies, on my main menu. Why should I? It all makes things complicated. All what most users want is to start a movie and have a simple option to chose with or without cinema experience. This all is blowing up far to big......

- htpc-tac - 2011-02-22

Ok the popup with Q or 0 is there, but you don´t have to do anything there,
it disappears without pressing any key.

I think it´s useful for new users and maybe in future it would be good for others
to have a possibility to disable such notifications in the settings of the addon.

- rflores2323 - 2011-02-22

I just dont get why I will need another menu item on my homescreen with this script? This should be integrated into the main movies library imo.

I just tried version 1.0.22 and I can run the script from the cinema button on the info screen.. however it does ask me to click on "q" or "0". whats weird is that it flashes back to my homescreen and then brings it up the pop up with the "q" or "0".

so it still works so that is good imo

- markimark - 2011-02-22

rflores2323 Wrote:I just dont get why I will need another menu item on my homescreen with this script? This should be integrated into the main movies library imo.

I just tried version 1.0.22 and I can run the script from the cinema button on the info screen.. however it does ask me to click on "q" or "0". whats weird is that it flashes back to my homescreen and then brings it up the pop up with the "q" or "0".

so it still works so that is good imo

YES, maybe the info panel button still works but it is not smooth anymore and to have another category in the main menu is a very bad idea.

giftie?????? - markimark - 2011-02-22

Actually where did giftie disappear to? Usually he jumps right into every discussion.

HelloHuh?? Anybody thereHuhHuh??

It does not make so much sense if we (the "user") discuss all that without the "maker" of that all.

markimark Wrote:Actually where did giftie disappear to? Usually he jumps right into every discussion.

HelloHuh?? Anybody thereHuhHuh??

It does not make so much sense if we (the "user") discuss all that without the "maker" of that all.

Looks like he is offline right now. Im sure he will get into the discussion when he is here. looking forward to hearing it.

- htpc-tac - 2011-02-22

Is it playing the correct movie after you started it from the "info" button?
I assume it opens just the movie library again because this is default currently.

htpc-tac Wrote:Is it playing the correct movie after you started it from the "info" button?
I assume it opens just the movie library again because this is default currently.
yes it is playing the correct since you actual queue the movie before it starts by pressing "q" or "0" for that movie.. it does take longer to get the movie started since you have this extra step now and also it seems like it goes back out of the library to the homescreen to queue the movie and then back in. not a smooth transition like it used to be. but lets see what giftie says as Im sure this is a work in progress and he wants to hear our experience with the new way this works etc.. Big Grin

- no clue - 2011-02-22

I really like this script and it was the main reason for me choosing XBMC. But the latest change requiring a q or 0 entry has thrown me for a loop. I haven't tried editing the script as I've never done it before and I'm basically clueless for this sort of stuff (hence my user name).

Complicating matters, I have been in a 3 week process of converting my remote control system to irule for the ipad. While I programmed a "zero" onto my remote, it doesn't seem to work at all when I press it. I can't find any other way to start CE once I choose it.

Here is my data string for 0:

xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=SendKey(0xF030)

Is there something else that would work; maybe I could just program a new button with the correct data string for 0 and call it cinema experience

- Eisi2005 - 2011-02-22

Hi,

i think the new "feature" with Q or 0 is not so good.What function should it have ? Please make a point to disable this in the settings.

Greets
Eisi

- jitterjames - 2011-02-22

no clue Wrote:Here is my data string for 0:

xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=SendKey(0xF030)

Is there something else that would work; maybe I could just program a new button with the correct data string for 0 and call it cinema experience

If you are going to use http sendkey, you should probably send the code for 'q' (whatever it is). If you can, you should use the eventClient instead. It's faster.

If you are going to sendkey '0' then you need to edit your keymap as described in a post a page or two back from here.

you could also try
xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?commannd=Action(34)

- Peerless - 2011-02-23

Hi, everyone. I've been checking out the new version.
I believe the "q" button has to be used if you want 2 features played one after the other. If not, how will the script know which features to play, right? Smile
Then again, it should revert to the old style, though, when we only have "1 feature" selected in the settings... I'm sure giftie is looking into the best way of doing this.

Here's an idea regarding another subject... Local trailers based on genre/rating.
How hard would it be and what are the potencial problems behind creating something like this?
I have the trailers folder pointed to my movies (most of my movies have local trailers).
Could Cinema extract the genre from the movie it's reading the trailer from?
I see some problems with this (multiple genres would lead to a narrow choice in trailers for each movie...) But, who knows? Maybe you'll find some way it could work well.

Great to see Dolby TrueHD working. Outstanding! Big Grin

Cheers. Paulo.

- castortray - 2011-02-23

Eisi2005 Wrote:Hi,

i think the new "feature" with Q or 0 is not so good.What function should it have ? Please make a point to disable this in the settings.

Greets
Eisi

please please please add possibility to disable this "new feature" in settings,
many thanks !!!

- giftie - 2011-02-23

It's kinda funny how nobody saw this message that I posted about two weeks ago when I was ready for testing of the changes of the script(ok one did, kevron) I did manage to get a couple others(htpc-tac, Invincer and ljourneaux)

I do appreciate all the positive criticism, I wouldn't be trying to make this script better for anyone else but you users..

I will add back code that will make it function the 'old way' - single feature, no cueing, etc.

I will test and see if it works before send it out..

giftie Wrote:The next version of the script will be out later this week. The biggest change is that it allows Multiple Features, with Intermission Videos and Audio Format Videos(that match the next movie). It's also more or less a single button press to select the movie and can be run from the Home Window. This feature will make the script feel truly as a part of XBMC.

Right now I am the only one able to enjoy this script this way as the skin needs to be slightly modified to add a button. But it can be run directly from the Addons list as well.

I have modified versions of Night and Transperency!(XBMC Repo version and SVN Versions) as these are my primary skins that are used. It should not be to hard to add the modifications to any skin.

If you want to be part of the testing of what will become version 1.2 please PM me with you're primary skin(I might make the modifications for you, though you can test by running the script directly from the addon window)

Don't forget, send me a PM, so we don't flood this forum thread...

Thanx...