Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- giftie - 2011-02-27

no clue Wrote:When my intros are playing before the movie, I am getting an audio lag on each one. It generally starts the audio after about 2-3 seconds of the video. Not very good considering many of the clips are only 10-20 seconds anyway. Anything I can change to fix this?

What type of audio system(HDMI, Digital or Analog) are you using? On my system, I'm using HDMI, and I have the same delay. It's XBMC changing audio methods and everything resyncing. Not much I can do to the script to fix the problem, sorry(I wish I could..)

- no clue - 2011-02-27

giftie Wrote:What type of audio system(HDMI, Digital or Analog) are you using? On my system, I'm using HDMI, and I have the same delay. It's XBMC changing audio methods and everything resyncing. Not much I can do to the script to fix the problem, sorry(I wish I could..)

I'm using HDMI too. I thought that could be it and I might try doing another render with a couple of seconds of black lead in to see if that works. I was hoping it was a setting I could change.

- barcoboy - 2011-02-28

This is an absolutely brilliant piece of work... many thanks!

One suggestion:

When the "Trailer Play Mode" is set to Download, could the downloads happen at the very start of the script, before the trivia starts? Or even in the background while the trivia is playing (if trivia is enabled)? I know that means a delay before things get under way, but my Internet connection isn't the greatest, and I hate waiting for stuff to load at the start of each clip (my quality setting is 480p)... would rather it all load at the beginning. Maybe a dialog box with a percentage bar as each trailer loads could be displayed?

Hmmm... that's strange-in my playing around, I noticed that my system seems to now behave identical whether I've set the play mode to Download or Stream-it seems to always stream. Never used to do that, as before there would be a pause before each trailer started while it loaded.

Oh one other thing while I'm here... when I start the script using the icon in the Info screen (using Transparency!), I notice while the script is starting and XBMC returns back to the movie selection screen, the selection jumps down one movie. Not that it's a big deal-just thought I'd mention it in case I'm the only one this happens to.

- jitterjames - 2011-02-28

barcoboy Wrote:This is an absolutely brilliant piece of work... many thanks!
... I notice while the script is starting and XBMC returns back to the movie selection screen, the selection jumps down one movie. Not that it's a big deal-just thought I'd mention it in case I'm the only one this happens to.

I think it happens to everyone. It does to me with Aeon MQ2. I figured it was a by-product of queuing the movie.

I also noticed no difference between "download" and "stream" options for the trailers. Seems to stream always, last time I checked, which was a while ago.

- jim20j - 2011-02-28

azaze1 Wrote:The THX no matter what thing would be terrific, highly desirable (for me at least).

Thanks again,

-Robert

I don't think this was answered yet but if you want the THX trailer to play no matter what, I'm assuming to play ALL the time as a default intro/outro. I have this for myself as well. I have DTS experience, THX and Xbmc Pixar playing all the time. I have them in a folder then set the "Random Video" option to point it to that folder. I dont' recall under which category I have them in because I do not use all the options available. I'm not home right now but I think its under coming attractions I have them in. I will add where later if needed.

- giftie - 2011-02-28

barcoboy Wrote:This is an absolutely brilliant piece of work... many thanks!

One suggestion:

When the "Trailer Play Mode" is set to Download, could the downloads happen at the very start of the script, before the trivia starts? Or even in the background while the trivia is playing (if trivia is enabled)? I know that means a delay before things get under way, but my Internet connection isn't the greatest, and I hate waiting for stuff to load at the start of each clip (my quality setting is 480p)... would rather it all load at the beginning. Maybe a dialog box with a percentage bar as each trailer loads could be displayed?

Hmmm... that's strange-in my playing around, I noticed that my system seems to now behave identical whether I've set the play mode to Download or Stream-it seems to always stream. Never used to do that, as before there would be a pause before each trailer started while it loaded.

Oh one other thing while I'm here... when I start the script using the icon in the Info screen (using Transparency!), I notice while the script is starting and XBMC returns back to the movie selection screen, the selection jumps down one movie. Not that it's a big deal-just thought I'd mention it in case I'm the only one this happens to.

jitterjames Wrote:I think it happens to everyone. It does to me with Aeon MQ2. I figured it was a by-product of queuing the movie.

I also noticed no difference between "download" and "stream" options for the trailers. Seems to stream always, last time I checked, which was a while ago.

The action that you are seeing when the selection moves down one spot on the list is caused by XBMC Queuing the Movie(it's a built in movement - probably to stop the user from queuing the same file more than once) It's been there since the beginning of the script(before Dharma)

I believe the 'Download' function is a left over 'work in progress' feature when Nuka was working on the script prior to Dharma. There were a couple of similar features that I had already caught and removed(or disabled) were left) Not always the easiest thing to find.

As for the trailers, I hope to have an addon to automatically download from Apple Trailers sometime soon(just started working on it) It would allow XBMC to download trailers while not in use(as per schedule) It will not be a direct part of this script, but accessible from it. I'll only be working on Apple Trailers, and maybe HD-Trailers. Any one else wanting to add code, don't hesitate to PM me.

- azaze1 - 2011-02-28

I'm having an issue now where the 'Other' folder is not being used when the primary codec's folder is empty.

For example...

TrueHD movie played with cinema experience. LOGS show it is looking for something in the Audio/Dolby TrueHD folder which is empty. Based on earlier behavior and discussions, it should then turn to the Audio/Other folder to play something, but it is not.

- giftie - 2011-02-28

azaze1 Wrote:I'm having an issue now where the 'Other' folder is not being used when the primary codec's folder is empty.

For example...

TrueHD movie played with cinema experience. LOGS show it is looking for something in the Audio/Dolby TrueHD folder which is empty. Based on earlier behavior and discussions, it should then turn to the Audio/Other folder to play something, but it is not.

This would need to be an option in Settings. The script will only go to the Other folder if it can not match the Audio Codec to a folder(same as it has since version 1.0.0), the only difference now is that it can match to more Audio Codecs(DTSHD-MA and Dolby TrueHD) which videos are available for - Check out Demo World

check Option: limit to unwatched trailer - markimark - 2011-02-28

did search but could not find anything about it, which I think is weired (is it only me?).

If I check the option "limit to unwatched trailer only" I do not see any trailers at all anymore. No!!!! I did not see all the available trailer already because I used the cinema feature only 3 or 4 times since I installed it. It works fine if the option is not checked but if I check it it plays my own intro but no trailers anymore.

Any ideaHuhHuh?

- giftie - 2011-02-28

Are your trailers local? Did you clear your watched trailer list(in settings)? Can you post your Xbmc.log after a run?

- markimark - 2011-02-28

giftie Wrote:Are your trailers local? Did you clear your watched trailer list(in settings)? Can you post your Xbmc.log after a run?

OK, did a Reset (didnĀ“t know about that button, sorry) and now it is working again but I still must ask you this.
How could this happen anyway? I was not viewing more than 6 trailer alltogether. I am sure there are more than this available?? Maybe it is better to have that option disabled.

- barcoboy - 2011-03-01

giftie Wrote:The action that you are seeing when the selection moves down one spot on the list is caused by XBMC Queuing the Movie(it's a built in movement - probably to stop the user from queuing the same file more than once) It's been there since the beginning of the script(before Dharma)

OK, thanks for the info.

giftie; 737933 Wrote:I believe the 'Download' function is a left over 'work in progress' feature when Nuka was working on the script prior to Dharma. There were a couple of similar features that I had already caught and removed(or disabled) were left) Not always the easiest thing to find.

As for the trailers, I hope to have an addon to automatically download from Apple Trailers sometime soon(just started working on it) It would allow XBMC to download trailers while not in use(as per schedule) It will not be a direct part of this script, but accessible from it. I'll only be working on Apple Trailers, and maybe HD-Trailers. Any one else wanting to add code, don't hesitate to PM me.

Sounds great... will be looking forward to it.

One other suggestion with regards to playing multiple movies... rather than having a setting for "Number of Features", would it be better to just assign another keystroke to start the show after queuing n number of videos, where n>0 ? Or, have the second keystroke queue the currently highlighted movie and start the show, so that you would only have to press one key to start everything to watch one movie, and n number of keypresses to watch n movies (eg: to watch one movie, highlight it, and press <new key>; to watch multiple movies, scroll to first movie, push Q to to queue, scroll to second movie, Q to queue, scroll to last movie, push <new key> to queue and start).

Sorry if I don't make much sense-I have a headache right now.

- giftie - 2011-03-01

barcoboy Wrote:One other suggestion with regards to playing multiple movies... rather than having a setting for "Number of Features", would it be better to just assign another keystroke to start the show after queuing n number of videos, where n>0 ? Or, have the second keystroke queue the currently highlighted movie and start the show, so that you would only have to press one key to start everything to watch one movie, and n number of keypresses to watch n movies (eg: to watch one movie, highlight it, and press <new key>; to watch multiple movies, scroll to first movie, push Q to to queue, scroll to second movie, Q to queue, scroll to last movie, push <new key> to queue and start).

At the moment I haven't found a way to capture specific keys(ie. the best one to use as a Queue would be select, and to start the queued videos would be play) and pass the rest back to XBMC(navigational, etc) The only way I know how to would to recreate the movie library, the skin's library pages and views(which I am not willing to do) I was hoping to find a way to capture keys before I put this version out(looked for help for about 2 weeks) I still think there is a way...

- azaze1 - 2011-03-01

giftie Wrote:This would need to be an option in Settings. The script will only go to the Other folder if it can not match the Audio Codec to a folder(same as it has since version 1.0.0), the only difference now is that it can match to more Audio Codecs(DTSHD-MA and Dolby TrueHD) which videos are available for - Check out Demo World

Okay, I misunderstood how it works. I cannot have an empty 'Dolby TrueHD' folder and expect it to turn to the 'Other' folder. I would instead have to remove the 'Dolby TrueHD' folder. Fair enough. I cannot find any decent TrueHD demos to play... Nothing impressive at least that's 23.976 (film) fps. Even on the demo-world site.

Thanks for the explanations.

Feature presentation playlist - commoman81 - 2011-03-01

Been out training in louisiana for a month so kind of behind the curve here, I just had a question i updated to the most recent version and the play list does not work it wont play random movies or even give me the option to put certain movies into a play list like the trailers do, Also wasnt sure if when it is working if after the feature presentation is over if the order in which trivia, trailers and videos start over again to play the next feature. I tried to look back a month to see if i could find anything on this but not really sure so just need a little help on getting this feature of the script working

thank you
commoman