Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- giftie - 2011-03-02

commoman81 Wrote:Been out training in louisiana for a month so kind of behind the curve here, I just had a question i updated to the most recent version and the play list does not work it wont play random movies or even give me the option to put certain movies into a play list like the trailers do, Also wasnt sure if when it is working if after the feature presentation is over if the order in which trivia, trailers and videos start over again to play the next feature. I tried to look back a month to see if i could find anything on this but not really sure so just need a little help on getting this feature of the script working

thank you
commoman

Can you clarify which playlist?

At the moment, the only things that can play between Features are the following:

Intermission video(s), Rating Video, Audio Format Videos.

Also if you are trying to use the Multiple Feature feature, you need to use a skin that supports it(Transparency! SVN or Aeon MQ2 - others are coming) or use the small mod packs that I had made for a couple of skins available HERE

- commoman81 - 2011-03-02

giftie Wrote:Can you clarify which playlist?

At the moment, the only things that can play between Features are the following:

Intermission video(s), Rating Video, Audio Format Videos.

Also if you are trying to use the Multiple Feature feature, you need to use a skin that supports it(Transparency! SVN or Aeon MQ2 - others are coming) or use the small mod packs that I had made for a couple of skins available HERE

yeah that was what i was wondering about i will try to the other skins to check this out, will there be an option to play everything over again like trivia and what not after the each movie? Also the skin i have been using is mediastream redux can i copy and paiste some code from other skins to make this skin work with this option?

i guess maybe something that will restart the script when the 1st movie is over but play the next movie in the q? but i did try the transparency skin and it worked now the only thing is that when i tried 3 features after the 1st feature is over it plays the intermission video 2 times then plays the 2 other movies back to back

- barcoboy - 2011-03-02

giftie Wrote:At the moment I haven't found a way to capture specific keys(ie. the best one to use as a Queue would be select, and to start the queued videos would be play) and pass the rest back to XBMC(navigational, etc) The only way I know how to would to recreate the movie library, the skin's library pages and views(which I am not willing to do) I was hoping to find a way to capture keys before I put this version out(looked for help for about 2 weeks) I still think there is a way...

So right now, the script looks at the "Number of Features" setting, and gets things going once the number of movies queued is equal to that setting?

If you can't find another way, what about moving this setting to the main part of the script? Eg: when called from the main page (ie: not from the Movie Info screen), display a nice splash screen (and maybe have a setting to turn this off), then ask the user how many movies they want to view.

It's just that you have to work your way down through Main, Settings, Addons, Enabled Addons, Program Addons, Cinema Experience, Settings, Features page to modify this one setting that changes more often than all of the other settings. (Unless there is a faster way to get to the settings page?)

- nycest - 2011-03-02

Everything seems to be working out great so far. But I'm having trouble with the trailers playing. No matter how I have the settings, it doesn't play.

- giftie - 2011-03-02

barcoboy Wrote:So right now, the script looks at the "Number of Features" setting, and gets things going once the number of movies queued is equal to that setting?

If you can't find another way, what about moving this setting to the main part of the script? Eg: when called from the main page (ie: not from the Movie Info screen), display a nice splash screen (and maybe have a setting to turn this off), then ask the user how many movies they want to view.

It's just that you have to work your way down through Main, Settings, Addons, Enabled Addons, Program Addons, Cinema Experience, Settings, Features page to modify this one setting that changes more often than all of the other settings. (Unless there is a faster way to get to the settings page?)

Eerie... Stop reading my mind... Big Grin

That is a plan to have a menu, which would be able to be disabled in settings, as part of starting the script from the Home Window. I have been working with the guys from VoxCommando bringing them some nice features, that I would like to bring them to the majority users(us that use remotes Laugh ) So I would need to have a menu popup for these options.

- giftie - 2011-03-02

nycest Wrote:Everything seems to be working out great so far. But I'm having trouble with the trailers playing. No matter how I have the settings, it doesn't play.

Can you post your xbmc.log to pastebin for me to check out why?

- barcoboy - 2011-03-02

giftie Wrote:Eerie... Stop reading my mind... Big Grin

That is a plan to have a menu, which would be able to be disabled in settings, as part of starting the script from the Home Window. I have been working with the guys from VoxCommando bringing them some nice features, that I would like to bring them to the majority users(us that use remotes Laugh ) So I would need to have a menu popup for these options.

Sweet! I guess great minds think alike! Nod

- nycest - 2011-03-02

giftie Wrote:Can you post your xbmc.log to pastebin for me to check out why?

Trailers seemed to be working out of nowhere all of a sudden, but the streaming was a pain because it was constantly buffering, so I switched to local folder. Works fine so far.

The Trivia Intro/Outro videos don't play for some odd reason.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=uq5YLJuF

- giftie - 2011-03-02

nycest Wrote:Trailers seemed to be working out of nowhere all of a sudden, but the streaming was a pain because it was constantly buffering, so I switched to local folder. Works fine so far.

The Trivia Intro/Outro videos don't play for some odd reason.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=uq5YLJuF

Trivia Intro Videos have not worked for a while(on the to-do list) The log shows that you have Trivia Outro set to None.

- giftie - 2011-03-02

commoman81 Wrote:yeah that was what i was wondering about i will try to the other skins to check this out, will there be an option to play everything over again like trivia and what not after the each movie? Also the skin i have been using is mediastream redux can i copy and paiste some code from other skins to make this skin work with this option?

I haven't looked at MediaStream redux for a while.. I'll look at it shortly and post a mod(shouldn't be too difficult since it is based on Confluence). I haven't decided to have have the trivia to repeat or not.. The script would need some major re-mapping.

Quote:i guess maybe something that will restart the script when the 1st movie is over but play the next movie in the q? but i did try the transparency skin and it worked now the only thing is that when i tried 3 features after the 1st feature is over it plays the intermission video 2 times then plays the 2 other movies back to back

Could you post a copy of your xbmc.log to pastebin. Thanks..

- nycest - 2011-03-02

giftie Wrote:Trivia Intro Videos have not worked for a while(on the to-do list) The log shows that you have Trivia Outro set to None.

Seems to be working now. For some reason the settings were changing whenever I would exit or swap skins. They seem to be sticking now. Thanks for the quick response.

giftie Wrote:I haven't looked at MediaStream redux for a while.. I'll look at it shortly and post a mod(shouldn't be too difficult since it is based on Confluence). I haven't decided to have have the trivia to repeat or not.. The script would need some major re-mapping.

Could you post a copy of your xbmc.log to pastebin. Thanks..

http://pastebin.com/iUQuAthj

- giftie - 2011-03-02

commoman81 Wrote:http://pastebin.com/iUQuAthj

Thanks for your log.. I got the problem fixed and it will be out in the next release(anytime between tonight and Friday Night)

- commoman81 - 2011-03-03

giftie Wrote:Thanks for your log.. I got the problem fixed and it will be out in the next release(anytime between tonight and Friday Night)

Thanks thats awesome