Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- fl0PPsy - 2011-03-08

Hey guys I just updated CE to the latest version and now some videos are skipped. I seem to recall that I had the same issue when I updated last time.

Does the config need to be redone each time after an update?

- shaktoo - 2011-03-08

kevron Wrote:We don't go to the theater cause its God Awful expensive... This script makes me not miss the theater at all. I still get to see previews of movies coming out, and I get to Pause the movie when the kiddos have to go potty. Instead of missing most of the movie like I did with Toy Story 3 3d.

So True ! We don't miss going out to the cinema as well . Now once I have my 120" screen+ FullHD 3D Projector setup done then we wont miss going out at ALL !!

- shaktoo - 2011-03-08

ijourneaux Wrote:Giftie
I have almost finished adding the ability to create an NFO file for Trailers that have been downloaded via HD-Trailers.Net Downloader. The NFO will contain most of the common tags. Of interest to HCE are the Genres and MPAA rating.The NFO file will be located in the same folder as the Trailer.

Hopefully you will be able to modify HCE to use the NFO to enable the MPAA basd filtering of Trailers and/or filtering of Trailers based on the main feature genres

In addition, HD-Trailers Downloader will be able to download trailers by Genre so you will be able to restrict what types of Trailers to download.
This will be awesome.. Looking forward eagerly.. Thanks for all the effort .

- giftie - 2011-03-08

fl0PPsy Wrote:Hey guys I just updated CE to the latest version and now some videos are skipped. I seem to recall that I had the same issue when I updated last time.

Does the config need to be redone each time after an update?

It's always a good idea to check over the settings after an install..

With that being said, I don't think I added anything in the settings that would cause the videos to be skipped(depending on what version you updated from)

- Montevideo - 2011-03-09

First post on XBMC from me - just migrating over from MediaBrowser and consistently blown away! Love the Cinema Experience idea... Just working through setting it up.

Does anyone other than me have trouble with trailers? Worked first time through Apple Trailers Lite, but was having a buffering nightmare, so tried to switch to Local. I have a current trailers folder filled by MetaBrowser, so pointed it at that but it just doesn't play anything?

Is there a naming convention I am missing?

Also, I have issues with the config changes not saving it seems? Changed back to streamed trailers, about ten attempts didn't save. Eventually got it to save, then the next day it had reverted back to local (and therefore played nothing!)

Annoying, but I love it enough to stick with it. I am currently ripping my Looney Tunes Golden Collection DVDs to use with it Nod Awesome.

Just need Pearl and Dean and I'm sorted!

- ijourneaux - 2011-03-09

I believe trailers must have "-trailer" appended to the name of the trailer.

- Montevideo - 2011-03-09

ijourneaux Wrote:I believe trailers must have "-trailer" appended to the name of the trailer.

Ah, that might explain it... Does anyone know if MetaBrowser's local trailer download facility is capable of automating that?

I can't check myself as the wife is watching The Mentalist!

- Juanflaco - 2011-03-11

giftie Wrote:It's always a good idea to check over the settings after an install..

With that being said, I don't think I added anything in the settings that would cause the videos to be skipped(depending on what version you updated from)

Hmmm. I've been using the add-on without any issues on one machine, but I just installed the latest version on another machine and I'm noticing some odd behavior and I also can't get any setting changes to stick. After I set them initially they're kinda frozen that way. For example, I'm trying to specify a new trivia folder for a Pixar-specific party tomorrow but it keeps reverting to the old folder after I exit the settings page and come back. I've also selected to play three trailers streamed via the trailer lite add-on but after the first trailer it just moves on to the AV intro.

Any suggestions?

- Montevideo - 2011-03-11

Juanflaco Wrote:I'm noticing some odd behavior and I can't get any setting changes to stick. After I set them initially they're kinda frozen that way.

My first time using the script, but I am definitely having the same problem.

Changes made in settings aren't saved - or at best, save sporadically...

- kevron - 2011-03-11

Sorry if you guys think this is dumb, but I have to ask.. Are you clicking OK at the bottom after you change/setup things. I had the habit of just backing out, and still find myself doing it. If you don't click OK it doesn't save.

- giftie - 2011-03-11

Juanflaco Wrote:Hmmm. I've been using the add-on without any issues on one machine, but I just installed the latest version on another machine and I'm noticing some odd behavior and I also can't get any setting changes to stick. After I set them initially they're kinda frozen that way. For example, I'm trying to specify a new trivia folder for a Pixar-specific party tomorrow but it keeps reverting to the old folder after I exit the settings page and come back. I've also selected to play three trailers streamed via the trailer lite add-on but after the first trailer it just moves on to the AV intro.

Any suggestions?

Settings are not directly controlled by the script, this could be indicating a problem with XBMC itself.

- Juanflaco - 2011-03-11

Ok, thanks. I'm on a recent nightly build so I'll try rolling back to see if that resolves it.

- ijourneaux - 2011-03-11

Giftie

I have several intro movies for each part of HCE. If you set HCE to randomly select a trailer, HCE uses intros in all subfolders under a specific intro.

Is including movies in subfolders a feature that people take advantage of? or is the behavior a carryover? If a carryover, I would propose that the search for intros be restricted to the specified folder.

I would like to put a folder called "Other Intros" in the specified folder where you could move intros you don't want to rotate through. For instance if you had a seasonal intro you could move it to the "Other Intros" folder to get it out of the rotation after the holidays without losing track of where the intros are.

Just a suggestion and certainly not the most important.
I that is not possible, I will just create a parallel tree for the Movie intros.

- peebs - 2011-03-11

ijourneaux Wrote:Giftie

I have several intro movies for each part of HCE. If you set HCE to randomly select a trailer, HCE uses intros in all subfolders under a specific intro.

Is including movies in subfolders a feature that people take advantage of? or is the behavior a carryover? If a carryover, I would propose that the search for intros be restricted to the specified folder.

I would like to put a folder called "Other Intros" in the specified folder where you could move intros you don't want to rotate through. For instance if you had a seasonal intro you could move it to the "Other Intros" folder to get it out of the rotation after the holidays without losing track of where the intros are.

Just a suggestion and certainly not the most important.
I that is not possible, I will just create a parallel tree for the Movie intros.

Just to chime in, recursively scanning subfolders is a good practice, as many people like to use subfolders as a means of organization. I think the best practice would be for you to create that folder as you'd stated, parallel to the intros folder. That sounds to me like the most efficient way of doing things.

Again, just my $.02

- giftie - 2011-03-11

Just wanted to update everyone on the status on what's going on...

Fixes:

- Trivia intro is back

New:

- Trailer Downloader - Downloads from Apple's Newest Trailer Lists also saves a nfo for genre/rating limiting
- Genre/MPAA Trailer Limiting - Trailers can be limited by Genre, or MPAA, or Both..(if using local trailer scraper, a matching nfo file needs to be available(Apple Trailer Lite, HD-Trailers.Net Downloader, or CE's internal Downloader)

Now that I type it out, it doesn't seem like much(but it really is...)

I hope to have a couple other additions to the script before its released this weekend.