Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- Jeax - 2011-03-11

I've been trying to get Cinema Experience to install for days now and every time i use the xbmc-addons repository it just stays at 0% for everything and then comes up with Installation failed, for everything inside the repo. All other repo's ive tried work fine.

I'm relatively new to xbmc so any help would be really apreciated. I've tried to svn the folder out and place it inside the addons folder in ~/.xbmc/ however i can't figure out how to let xbmc know i have the addon installed.

I'm running XBMC 10.0 r35648 on ubuntu 10.10

I've tried looking into the problem and i have come up with nothing except a few IOS people having the same problem, but it seemed to be specific to ios itself

CinemaExperience looks like it will complete my setup, and after two days of trying desperately i'm at a wits end for a solution!

- bluenote - 2011-03-12

Im just getting this set up now, but it looks awesome.

(Repository worked for me fine, but it took a little patience)

I have one question though, i believe the built-in trailer scraper just points to a URL for any particular trailer for a movie, instead of downloading a trailer upon import, correct me if Im wrong Smile I'd really like to watch these existing trailers from my unwatched movie collection. Is this possible at all??!

thanks

- giftie - 2011-03-12

bluenote Wrote:Im just getting this set up now, but it looks awesome.

(Repository worked for me fine, but it took a little patience)

I have one question though, i believe the built-in trailer scraper just points to a URL for any particular trailer for a movie, instead of downloading a trailer upon import, correct me if Im wrong Smile I'd really like to watch these existing trailers from my unwatched movie collection. Is this possible at all??!

thanks

At the moment there is 3 scrapers(I'm seeing about a 4th for the german users.) One uses the Apple Movie Trailers Plugin's Database(Database), One that pulls Urls from Apple Movie Trailers Newest Trailers(and adds them to the scripts playlist) and the Local Trailer scraper - which will play any video with "-trailer" before the extension. The present version will only stream trailers when selecting the Database or the Newest(next version will download the trailers before playing them)

You should be able to play trailers from you movie library if you library appears to XBMC to be in a single folder by using the local folder scraper and select that folder.

- foghat - 2011-03-12

Love this plugin. 2 questions:

1. Does the 'Select only unwatched trailers' option work if I am using the Local Folder trailer scraper? If it does, how does this work (just curious)? i.e. how does it 'remember' what was watched?

2. I think this probably less a plug-in question and more to do with native xbmc, but I'm not certain, so I'm going to ask: I launch a movie using Cinema Experience from the movie's info page. Is it possible, after stopping the movie, to automatically return to the info page vs. the main movie selection page?

I do notice that when playing from Cinema Experience after stopping the movie next (alphabetically) to the one I just watched is selected. Vs. when playing the movie without Cinema Experience, the movie just played is selected.

Thanks.

- giftie - 2011-03-12

foghat Wrote:Love this plugin. 2 questions:

1. Does the 'Select only unwatched trailers' option work if I am using the Local Folder trailer scraper? If it does, how does this work (just curious)? i.e. how does it 'remember' what was watched?

Yes 'Select only unwatched trailers' works with Local Folder Trailer scraper. The script uses thumbnail filenames that XBMC creates, compares them to a file containing watched videos, selects the unwatched ones, adds the selected ones to the watched list.

Quote:2. I think this probably less a plug-in question and more to do with native xbmc, but I'm not certain, so I'm going to ask: I launch a movie using Cinema Experience from the movie's info page. Is it possible, after stopping the movie, to automatically return to the info page vs. the main movie selection page?

The script changes to the movie list after the movie is selected.

Quote:I do notice that when playing from Cinema Experience after stopping the movie next (alphabetically) to the one I just watched is selected. Vs. when playing the movie without Cinema Experience, the movie just played is selected.

This is XBMC, the script uses XBMC's queue function, when something is queued XBMC moves to the next selection.

- bluenote - 2011-03-12

giftie Wrote:At the moment there is 3 scrapers(I'm seeing about a 4th for the german users.) One uses the Apple Movie Trailers Plugin's Database(Database), One that pulls Urls from Apple Movie Trailers Newest Trailers(and adds them to the scripts playlist) and the Local Trailer scraper - which will play any video with "-trailer" before the extension. The present version will only stream trailers when selecting the Database or the Newest(next version will download the trailers before playing them)

You should be able to play trailers from you movie library if you library appears to XBMC to be in a single folder by using the local folder scraper and select that folder.

So I need to use a separate trailer downloader plugin because the current cinema plugin doesn't support streaming from the builtin URL's associated with the movie info? Am I misunderstanding? Why not use the URL's already associated with the movies?

thanks for the education!

- foghat - 2011-03-12

^ thanks for the answers. so is there anyway to change the script so it stays on the movie info page? Probably not if you are using the queue functionality??

- giftie - 2011-03-13

bluenote Wrote:So I need to use a separate trailer downloader plugin because the current cinema plugin doesn't support streaming from the builtin URL's associated with the movie info? Am I misunderstanding? Why not use the URL's already associated with the movies?

thanks for the education!

Until the next version comes out(soon I promise)... But thanks for the idea... I have added a XBMC Movie Library scraper, that scrapes the library for available trailers(urls and paths)

- giftie - 2011-03-13

foghat Wrote:^ thanks for the answers. so is there anyway to change the script so it stays on the movie info page? Probably not if you are using the queue functionality??

The Info screen is an overlay(I think this is true on all skins), so it needs to close. If it stays open, it will be always on top.

- foghat - 2011-03-13

^ got it. thanks.

- bluenote - 2011-03-13

giftie Wrote:Until the next version comes out(soon I promise)... But thanks for the idea... I have added a XBMC Movie Library scraper, that scrapes the library for available trailers(urls and paths)

Awesome, I can't wait. thanks for your work on this and the help!

- KiSUAN - 2011-03-13

Spanish Translation/Description-added to addon.xml

- compcentral - 2011-03-14

I've read most of the threads here (but not all 96 pages worth) so forgive me if this has already been asked and answered, but it doesn't look like there is currently a way to use the .nfo files generated from the HD-Trailers.Net Downloader for rating/genre based trailer selection in Cinema Experience.

Are there any plans to add support for this?

By the way, if anyone is interested, I have created a simple scheduler for use with the HD-Trailers.Net Downloader. If anyone else is interested in using it, I posted it here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96261

- giftie - 2011-03-14

I guess you missed the message on page back that I posted http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=747556&postcount=945

Yes. The next version does have this ability, along with NFO files from its new internal downloader(from Apple Movie Trailers) and AMT-Lite NFO files. I'm testing it out now. Hoping it will be out later today.

compcentral Wrote:I've read most of the threads here (but not all 96 pages worth) so forgive me if this has already been asked and answered, but it doesn't look like there is currently a way to use the .nfo files generated from the HD-Trailers.Net Downloader for rating/genre based trailer selection in Cinema Experience.

Are there any plans to add support for this?

By the way, if anyone is interested, I have created a simple scheduler for use with the HD-Trailers.Net Downloader. If anyone else is interested in using it, I posted it here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96261

- giftie - 2011-03-14

1.0.38 is out...

Here is the updated:

Quote:1.0.38
- Enhancement - Added First Step For Home Automation Scripting
- Enhancement - Changed how auto refresh is triggered.

- Enhancement - Added XBMC Movie Library Trailer Scraper
- Searches XBMC's Database for trailer paths and urls(not fully tested)
- Added - Spanish Description Added. Thanks KiSUAN

- Enhancement - Added NFO scraping for Local Trailers
- Compatible NFO files from HD-Trailers.net Downloader, Apple Movie Trailers Lite and Cinema Experience
- Enhancement - Local Trailers now can be matched to Movie's Genre or MPAA rating
- If no NFO file is found, the trailer is skipped(no matching Genres or MPAA's)

- Enhancement - Added Trailer Downloader
- Starts to Download Trailers as soon as script starts, Falls back onto streaming if trailers are not downloaded
- Saving folder can be different from the local trailer folder
- Saves an NFO file for future use

- Fixed - Added back Trivia Intro

- Rearranged script to start fixing Trivia Intro, Trailer Downloader

- Fixed - Corrected placement of Intermission Videos when set to Single File/Playlist
- Fixed - Corrected use of boolean tests

Make sure you check out the settings. Make sure you press OK when you are finished.

One word of warning, if the last Trivia Intro Video is skipped(by using Next button) the script will stop. If you don't want the the Trivia Intro, set it to None.