Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- giftie - 2011-03-16

mrloofer Wrote:Cool, thanks for the explanation, but that's not what I'm seeing, I'm seeing random settings being reset. For example, at one point the music volume in the trivia settings was being reset 100%, trailer folder reset to nothing, trailers changed from 3 to 1 was resetting back to 3, Intro folders being reset to defaults and more that I didn't take note of.

Now I will admit that during testing I would skip through each section with the next button (or return button to exit out of trivia then skip through trailers etc. and finally stop to exit out of main movie). For what it's worth I will note that having been a seasoned HTE user I can say that is pretty much the norm depending on who is in my HT at the time (ie the wife wants to skip previews or ending the trivia slides sooner than the allotted time) so that may be worth taking into consideration when doing things with settings updates based upon stopping/starting the script. Just sayin'.

That is what I understood what was happening... Those settings don't get touched in anyway. If you run XBMC in debug mode, the script sends a copy of the settings to the xbmc.log file(helps for me to sort out what might go wrong with the script) It would be nice to discover why there is a select few(I think on 4 reports of this have come up with the script.) I would like to find out if it is the script..

I test mine maybe 20-30 times during a week and I have not had an unexpected change(the crashing affecting the # of features as well as the screen saver setting.)

- giftie - 2011-03-16

nycest Wrote:Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question, but how does the new trailer download feature work? Does the script download new trailers in the background as XBMC runs? Or does it download/stream as it gets to that part of the script when starting a "feature"?

The download feature if selected will start downloading as soon as the movie(s) is selected. It does it in the background, allowing the script to continue playing. If you don't use the slide show at the start, the script doesn't have enough time to download any trailers, so it falls back on to streaming. I think I'm going to change this to fall back and scrape the download folder, similar to how the local folder scraper works. This way it will have the trailers that may have been downloaded but not watched yet.

- giftie - 2011-03-16

At the moment the trailer download feature is broken(it will be fixed soon)

- trailervert - 2011-03-17

Just wanted to say THANKS!
Great work with this one. This has made family movie night even more fun!

- PatK - 2011-03-17

First off... giftie, thank-you for all your tireless work and effort. this is one nice add-on.

Question.... I don't use the intermission feature atm, but I'm wondering if it breaks or pause a movie into two pieces.. or does it depend on two movies in the que?

Now my request... (heck; you didn't think they would end.... did you?) I have a folder called trailers and for now it dives into them quite nicely, but it might be a nice option to play a trailer that is in the target movies folder if one exisits... Nothing better than to get the sizzle, before one takes the big skip.

As an aside... the scripts runs well, but does give an error message at the end which I ignore for now. I hope the first statement outweighs the last Smile

- PatOso - 2011-03-17

With the latest version does not use DXVA on Apple movie folder, and also changes my video settings, however with version 1.0 runs perfect.
Does this happen to someone else? Huh

- giftie - 2011-03-17

PatK Wrote:First off... giftie, thank-you for all your tireless work and effort. this is one nice add-on.

Question.... I don't use the intermission feature atm, but I'm wondering if it breaks or pause a movie into two pieces.. or does it depend on two movies in the que?

It only works with multiple features.

Quote:Now my request... (heck; you didn't think they would end.... did you?) I have a folder called trailers and for now it dives into them quite nicely, but it might be a nice option to play a trailer that is in the target movies folder if one exisits... Nothing better than to get the sizzle, before one takes the big skip.

I'll look into adding this..

Quote:As an aside... the scripts runs well, but does give an error message at the end which I ignore for now. I hope the first statement outweighs the last Smile

This error has been fixed, I'll try to have the update out today(also fixed the Trailer Downloader)

- giftie - 2011-03-17

mrloofer Wrote:Cool, thanks for the explanation, but that's not what I'm seeing, I'm seeing random settings being reset. For example, at one point the music volume in the trivia settings was being reset 100%, trailer folder reset to nothing, trailers changed from 3 to 1 was resetting back to 3, Intro folders being reset to defaults and more that I didn't take note of.

Now I will admit that during testing I would skip through each section with the next button (or return button to exit out of trivia then skip through trailers etc. and finally stop to exit out of main movie). For what it's worth I will note that having been a seasoned HTE user I can say that is pretty much the norm depending on who is in my HT at the time (ie the wife wants to skip previews or ending the trivia slides sooner than the allotted time) so that may be worth taking into consideration when doing things with settings updates based upon stopping/starting the script. Just sayin'.

I just thought of a possible cause of this(not saving settings). If the script is still running, the copy of settings saved will be the copy the script is using. The script could be still running for a couple of reasons, If you press stop on the remote, the script is still running in the back ground. Or if part of the script crashes and it seems like the script has completely crashed(rare but can happen). To make sure that the script is not running, before opening the settings from the Addon Window, click on the script as if you were wanting it to run. It should error out if it is not running, or end the script if it is running.

I see if I can find away for detecting that the script needs to be off...

- giftie - 2011-03-17

PatOso Wrote:With the latest version does not use DXVA on Apple movie folder, and also changes my video settings, however with version 1.0 runs perfect.
Does this happen to someone else? Huh

Sounds like you have the option to disable the Refresh Rate turned on in the scripts settings(Under Miscellaneous)

If not, I would need to see a copy of your xbmc.log(run XBMC in Debug mode and post your xbmc.log to Pastebin)

Thanks

- mrloofer - 2011-03-18

giftie Wrote:I just thought of a possible cause of this(not saving settings). If the script is still running, the copy of settings saved will be the copy the script is using. The script could be still running for a couple of reasons, If you press stop on the remote, the script is still running in the back ground. Or if part of the script crashes and it seems like the script has completely crashed(rare but can happen). To make sure that the script is not running, before opening the settings from the Addon Window, click on the script as if you were wanting it to run. It should error out if it is not running, or end the script if it is running.

I see if I can find away for detecting that the script needs to be off...

OK I'll give that a try. I did notice that at the very end just as it's about to play the movie I get a "script error addon.py" pop up. This happens even if I let the script play through without skipping etc.

Also is there anyway to hide the "Waiting.." status message that pops up between trivia, trailers, movie etc.?

- giftie - 2011-03-19

mrloofer Wrote:OK I'll give that a try. I did notice that at the very end just as it's about to play the movie I get a "script error addon.py" pop up. This happens even if I let the script play through without skipping etc.
The script error is due to some code that I have fix since the release.
Quote:Also is there anyway to hide the "Waiting.." status message that pops up between trivia, trailers, movie etc.?
The only way I know of is to delete the XML file from the skin that you are using(off hand I don't know which one) It has to do with XBMC preparing to play the video(s)

- revned - 2011-03-19

Hi Giftie,

After the last update I get te same "script error addon.py"error. Unfortunately the whole script won't run. Is there a way to revert to an older version of the script?

- justermin - 2011-03-19

Hi, I am having problems too...followed all guides for installing and seting up this addon (including editing the .xml file) but cannot get it to work. I now have it showing the theatre button in movie info and when clicked it says building etc....but then nothing happens at all.
Using latest version of XBMC (10.1) and latest version of addon on windows 7 ultimate 64.

- Quickstrike - 2011-03-19

For some reason, the new version is inserting blank/black slides at random when I play trivia.

I have no black slides in my collection, so the Cinema Experience script must be generating them.

Never did this before.
:confused2:

- justermin - 2011-03-20

Dumped log file incase this may help someone diagnose...

http://pastebin.com/vsYNtKMi