Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

[Request] - t2ffn - 2011-04-11

Would it be possible to remove the "Working" dialog that XBMC shows when running the script?

I have a small intro video, then another video, then another, then feature film begins for instance, and I briefly see the dialog in between each video. This to me makes it a little less fluid, like it is buffering each time.

To that end, would it be possible to remove the dialog, or add a much longer delay of 5 seconds (?) so that you would not see it when it is switching videos, unless it takes much longer and may look like a crash?

Thanks

- bluenote - 2011-04-11

Hey giftie. Should have really included logs to begin with, sorry.

Here's one where all 3 streams-from-local-library are skipped.

http://pastebin.com/XmXv2eAW
Browsing through I noticed some RTMP not supported messages, msg: 'import site' failed; and I also noticed some 'an unreleased information object was encountered at address (xxyz) when destorying the associated plug-in context.
I'm afraid thats the best I can do for scanning through and interpreting what I'm seeing as a possible problem.

Here's the main problem I'm having, although I had to (oddly) try once or twice to recreate it. Sorry about that, there's a couple successful runs included.
http://pastebin.com/d4qrbj4Y
This demonstrates the hangs I'm talking about.

I'm not sure if this is indicative but I noticed this:
Code:
14:05:05 T:4520 M:2095316992  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Item From Trigger List: Coming Attractions Intro
14:05:05 T:4520 M:2095316992  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Playlist Position: 2  Playlist Size: 8
14:05:05 T:4520 M:2095316992  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - autorefresh_movie: False
14:05:06 T:7680 M:2096357376   DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:2055288.704149, should be:2028366.646375, error:-26922.057774
14:05:11 T:6060 M:2093113344 WARNING: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Decode - avcodec_decode_video didn't consume the full packet. size: 17744, consumed: 0
14:05:13 T:6060 M:2093404160 WARNING: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Decode - avcodec_decode_video didn't consume the full packet. size: 15002, consumed: 0

thanks for any help you can offer!

- giftie - 2011-04-12

t2ffn Wrote:Would it be possible to remove the "Working" dialog that XBMC shows when running the script?

I have a small intro video, then another video, then another, then feature film begins for instance, and I briefly see the dialog in between each video. This to me makes it a little less fluid, like it is buffering each time.

To that end, would it be possible to remove the dialog, or add a much longer delay of 5 seconds (?) so that you would not see it when it is switching videos, unless it takes much longer and may look like a crash?

Thanks

That's sort of what XBMC is doing(buffering). You would need to remove the proper XML file from your skin(s) - I believe it is the DialogBusy.xml file.

The script does not control this window..

- t2ffn - 2011-04-12

Yeah I believe that to be tru, just seems it shouldn't show during swapping videos in such short timeframe. I will see if I can edit the file, if not, delete it is.

Thanks

- giftie - 2011-04-12

The 'local' streams are not skipped.. I believe the streams may not be vaild any more.. I just checked through a few of mine(using a database view to find movies that have a trailer stream) then I tried the movie one that is quite recent(12 Rounds) and this trailer failed in XBMC it self(tried playing the trailer from the info menu) It's the problem using urls for the trailers - the host site may change them(often they do) The script can't tell if it is a valid trailer. XBMC tries to play them, but can not connect to the stream. Not much I can do on the script side. You probably will get the odd one to play.

I'm not sure what that 'import site' error is about. It's not the script, because it does happen before XBMC actually starts the script. Probably an error on XBMC's built in Python module.

The 'WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(rtmp)' error you see is just the script looking for Thumbnails in the path of the trailer(rtmp streams are not valid paths, which I should error trap If I can)

The other error - 'an unreleased information object was encountered at address' is just info from XBMC - I don't think its a problem, definitely not one with Cinema Experience at least.

When you see the hanging, is it when a trailer should start to play.. I see XBMC having problems getting the file from TotalClips.. It's enough of a hang up for XBMC to say that the playback has stopped(a little different than playback has ended) and the script end(properly as well) If it is hanging when trailers are supposed to play there might be a problem with the stream(could be the script messing with the url, though I did test a few from your log and they did seem to work correctly in Firefox...)

Hmmm...

bluenote Wrote:Hey giftie. Should have really included logs to begin with, sorry.

Here's one where all 3 streams-from-local-library are skipped.

http://pastebin.com/XmXv2eAW
Browsing through I noticed some RTMP not supported messages, msg: 'import site' failed; and I also noticed some 'an unreleased information object was encountered at address (xxyz) when destorying the associated plug-in context.
I'm afraid thats the best I can do for scanning through and interpreting what I'm seeing as a possible problem.

Here's the main problem I'm having, although I had to (oddly) try once or twice to recreate it. Sorry about that, there's a couple successful runs included.
http://pastebin.com/d4qrbj4Y
This demonstrates the hangs I'm talking about.

I'm not sure if this is indicative but I noticed this:
Code:
14:05:05 T:4520 M:2095316992  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Item From Trigger List: Coming Attractions Intro
14:05:05 T:4520 M:2095316992  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Playlist Position: 2  Playlist Size: 8
14:05:05 T:4520 M:2095316992  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - autorefresh_movie: False
14:05:06 T:7680 M:2096357376   DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:2055288.704149, should be:2028366.646375, error:-26922.057774
14:05:11 T:6060 M:2093113344 WARNING: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Decode - avcodec_decode_video didn't consume the full packet. size: 17744, consumed: 0
14:05:13 T:6060 M:2093404160 WARNING: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Decode - avcodec_decode_video didn't consume the full packet. size: 15002, consumed: 0

thanks for any help you can offer!

- giftie - 2011-04-12

t2ffn Wrote:Yeah I believe that to be tru, just seems it shouldn't show during swapping videos in such short timeframe. I will see if I can edit the file, if not, delete it is.

Thanks

Ask for a feature request on the XBMC Feature Request forum... I agree as well. I also have found that it does not always occur on some skins, where others it is always happening..

- bluenote - 2011-04-12

giftie Wrote:The 'local' streams are not skipped.. I believe the streams may not be vaild any more.. I just checked through a few of mine(using a database view to find movies that have a trailer stream) then I tried the movie one that is quite recent(12 Rounds) and this trailer failed in XBMC it self(tried playing the trailer from the info menu) It's the problem using urls for the trailers - the host site may change them(often they do) The script can't tell if it is a valid trailer. XBMC tries to play them, but can not connect to the stream. Not much I can do on the script side. You probably will get the odd one to play.

I'm not sure what that 'import site' error is about. It's not the script, because it does happen before XBMC actually starts the script. Probably an error on XBMC's built in Python module.

The 'WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(rtmp)' error you see is just the script looking for Thumbnails in the path of the trailer(rtmp streams are not valid paths, which I should error trap If I can)

The other error - 'an unreleased information object was encountered at address' is just info from XBMC - I don't think its a problem, definitely not one with Cinema Experience at least.

When you see the hanging, is it when a trailer should start to play.. I see XBMC having problems getting the file from TotalClips.. It's enough of a hang up for XBMC to say that the playback has stopped(a little different than playback has ended) and the script end(properly as well) If it is hanging when trailers are supposed to play there might be a problem with the stream(could be the script messing with the url, though I did test a few from your log and they did seem to work correctly in Firefox...)

Hmmm...

Hey giftie

Thanks a lot for taking the time to look through my logs.

About old/invalid url's for trailers because of being old, if this is the case I can live with it. I will just have to pester someone about the scrapers for updating trailer metadata. Smile Is there some way I can confirm that this is the problem first though? When I looked at the log I could not figure out what URL to try and what movie in XBMC to try the 'trailer' option for. Could you point out if the info is there at all? (movie name for where trailer is from I guess is what I need?)

I wonder if you can get feedback from XBMC that a clip did not play? Then the script could add another trailer? Even if you can't tell if it is a valid stream beforehand, maybe you can tell if it successfully played or not afterward ? Or will this not work because it is just a playlist being played and script's work is done?

This problem with totalclips is the main thing I would like to solve because it was happening near continuous for me on the weekend. My impression is that it sits there indefinitely until I use the escape key to back out, but maybe I can get a more useful log if I let it sit there for 5 - 10 minutes and see if it ever naturally ends or continues? What do you think? Or is there some other useful troubleshooting I could do?

thanks so much for providing your time to help and for programming this!

- giftie - 2011-04-12

bluenote Wrote:Hey giftie

Thanks a lot for taking the time to look through my logs.

About old/invalid url's for trailers because of being old, if this is the case I can live with it. I will just have to pester someone about the scrapers for updating trailer metadata. Smile Is there some way I can confirm that this is the problem first though? When I looked at the log I could not figure out what URL to try and what movie in XBMC to try the 'trailer' option for. Could you point out if the info is there at all? (movie name for where trailer is from I guess is what I need?)

I noticed that you use MySQL for your database. You should be able to view your database and view your Trailer paths. Then you can try those movies(then edit your database to get rid of the non working ones)

Quote:I wonder if you can get feedback from XBMC that a clip did not play? Then the script could add another trailer? Even if you can't tell if it is a valid stream beforehand, maybe you can tell if it successfully played or not afterward ? Or will this not work because it is just a playlist being played and script's work is done?
You got it right in the end, the script builds a playlist, then sits in the background triggering events when they need to happen(Home Automation triggers)

Quote:This problem with totalclips is the main thing I would like to solve because it was happening near continuous for me on the weekend. My impression is that it sits there indefinitely until I use the escape key to back out, but maybe I can get a more useful log if I let it sit there for 5 - 10 minutes and see if it ever naturally ends or continues? What do you think? Or is there some other useful troubleshooting I could do?

thanks so much for providing your time to help and for programming this!

You can try that. I'll put the links in my test script and try to figure out what might be going wrong...

- andrewf - 2011-04-12

t2ffn Wrote:Yeah I believe that to be tru, just seems it shouldn't show during swapping videos in such short timeframe. I will see if I can edit the file, if not, delete it is.

Thanks

t2ffn - have you made any progress with this. I thought it was just my PC 'catching' itself up but if it can be corrected. It is a little bothersome when you see the buffering sign between every different clip.

Cheers Andy

PS Giftie - i've been looking at your cdART thread too. Just to offer my appreciation on all your efforts.

PPS Hope to run a debug and post sometime soon as still cannot get the music to run during the slides Confused Everythign else is spot on.

- nelsonamen - 2011-04-13

Can i put Cinema Experience always on?
I have to go to information of the film always to play this?
im using aeon mq 2

mymovies with media center starts automatically

- ezechiel1917 - 2011-04-13

There is <busydialogdelay> setting in advancedsettings.xml. Try to increase it, I have not tested it yet, but hopefully it should work.

giftie Wrote:That's sort of what XBMC is doing(buffering). You would need to remove the proper XML file from your skin(s) - I believe it is the DialogBusy.xml file.

The script does not control this window..

Thanks

andrewf Wrote:t2ffn - have you made any progress with this. I thought it was just my PC 'catching' itself up but if it can be corrected. It is a little bothersome when you see the buffering sign between every different clip.

Can i put Cinema Experience always on?
im using aeon mq 2

- andrewf - 2011-04-13

nelsonamen Wrote:Can i put Cinema Experience always on?
im using aeon mq 2

I use this skin and having installed the cinema program have 'cinema' as a menu alongside 'movies'. Check in the Menu set up function that you haven't disabled the function

Selecting this takes you to the same screen you see in 'movies' and sends you into the 'experience' simply by pressing 'Q' or '0' (if I recall right)

- andrewf - 2011-04-13

ezechiel1917 Wrote:There is <busydialogdelay> setting in advancedsettings.xml. Try to increase it, I have not tested it yet, but hopefully it should work.

Thanks for this but to ask a dumb question...how do I amend xml files. I've tried to figure this out before without any luck. I'm using XBMC live if that makes a difference.

Cheers Andy