Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- giftie - 2011-05-27

ijourneaux Wrote:Nothing urgent. I tried copying the line into the xbmcscript_trivia.py file but end up with a syntax error on the line.

Too many commas.. Smile My bad... the comma after the '%' needs to be removed

Code:
xbmc.log( "[script.cinema.experience] - Current Slide: %s" % self.slide_playlist[ self.image_count ], level=xbmc.LOGDEBUG)

- lordindy - 2011-05-27

I too am loving this script, although like many others, my "streaming" trailers works 10% of the time. I saw the reply about the video played before the trailers may be affecting it. I'm at work, and don't have my logs, but do you think it is possible that it may be the format of the video just before the trailers? I'm pointing to a folder with about 5 different "upcoming previews" intro's. I never thought about it, but perhaps they are different formats (mkv, vob, mpg, divx), and some may break the following streaming trailers.

I'll check tonight.

- ijourneaux - 2011-05-27

giftie Wrote:Too many commas.. Smile My bad... the comma after the '%' needs to be removed

Code:
xbmc.log( "[script.cinema.experience] - Current Slide: %s" % self.slide_playlist[ self.image_count ], level=xbmc.LOGDEBUG)

One of these days I need to wrap my mind around python <grin>

- giftie - 2011-05-28

ijourneaux Wrote:One of these days I need to wrap my mind around python <grin>

The nice thing about python, is that it will show the actual error with a '^' symbol, but XBMC Logs mess up where the '^' appears.. Smile

I'm still trying to wrap my head around python still Big Grin

- jitterjames - 2011-05-28

For anyone using VoxCommando voice control with XBMC and CE, here's a VoxCommando intro clip made with Vipid

preview:

http://vipidme.com/watch/4lb1q/

download 1080p:

http://d3stzszue4x9wz.cloudfront.net/content/21137_Kalle/27613_warnerbros_image/27613_warnerbros_image.mp4

Cool

- bluenote - 2011-05-30

Hey giftie

Launching movie quiz by itself works as expected, launching it from CE ends up with Just "Loading.." and blank questions. (after repeatedly testing, sometimes I get one question, then refuses to load further questions). Maybe you have a moment
to have a look at this pastebin?

http://pastebin.com/R0pNHdxN

Also, any word on the streaming playlist bug? It'd be nice to know if it has actually been confirmed.

thanks

- iorifly - 2011-05-30

Is there any way to put time you open a video it run the cinema experience?
Another thing as I can tell the order of videos? movie01 exam; movie2

- giftie - 2011-05-30

bluenote Wrote:Hey giftie

Launching movie quiz by itself works as expected, launching it from CE ends up with Just "Loading.." and blank questions. (after repeatedly testing, sometimes I get one question, then refuses to load further questions). Maybe you have a moment
to have a look at this pastebin?

http://pastebin.com/R0pNHdxN

The only problem I see is that the SQL call that the script uses(probably since you are on MySQL) creates an error(no info returned) then Movie Quiz is passed an empty Genre which may cause Movie Quiz to have problems. The Eden Version of Cinema Experience(which I posted some messages back) uses other methods to get Movie infomation(methods that were not available in Dharma, or 10.1)

If you have the ability to use SQL Querys(a database viewer) could you try the following SQL call on your XBMC Video Database and see what the response is(I use XBMC's default database):

Code:
SELECT movie.c12, movie.c14, streamdetails.strAudioCodec FROM movie, streamdetails WHERE movie.idFile=streamdetails.idFile AND streamdetails.iStreamType=1 AND c00='The 6th Day' LIMIT 1

Post any errors or responce back please.

Quote:Also, any word on the streaming playlist bug? It'd be nice to know if it has actually been confirmed.

thanks

Not yet... Not sure if any one has even looked at the trac post. I have had the error occur outside of Cinema Experience too, which still makes me think there is a bug somewhere in XBMC, playlists and Internet streaming...

- giftie - 2011-05-31

iorifly Wrote:Is there any way to put time you open a video it run the cinema experience?
This doesn't make any sense to me.. Not sure what you want....

Quote: Another thing as I can tell the order of videos? movie01 exam; movie2

The video order list is on the first page of this thread(though there is an error in the script where the Countdown Video is placed at the wrong spot)

Also the script builds a playlist, so it is visible from Playlists.

- bluenote - 2011-05-31

giftie Wrote:The only problem I see is that the SQL call that the script uses(probably since you are on MySQL) creates an error(no info returned) then Movie Quiz is passed an empty Genre which may cause Movie Quiz to have problems. The Eden Version of Cinema Experience(which I posted some messages back) uses other methods to get Movie infomation(methods that were not available in Dharma, or 10.1)

If you have the ability to use SQL Querys(a database viewer) could you try the following SQL call on your XBMC Video Database and see what the response is(I use XBMC's default database):

Code:
SELECT movie.c12, movie.c14, streamdetails.strAudioCodec FROM movie, streamdetails WHERE movie.idFile=streamdetails.idFile AND streamdetails.iStreamType=1 AND c00='The 6th Day' LIMIT 1

Thanks. I'm not very database enabled but I should be able to find some way to execute a query. Only problem is, I just finished clearing my movies database and starting a re-scrape, because I can't live without this plugin so I am working on getting all trailers local. So I will finish all that, confirm problem still exists using that same movie, execute query and report back. Thanks for the help.

Quote:Not yet... Not sure if any one has even looked at the trac post. I have had the error occur outside of Cinema Experience too, which still makes me think there is a bug somewhere in XBMC, playlists and Internet streaming...

How would I go about making a playlist that contains a local file and then a stream? Is it possible to do this going into one of the video plugins and then going into the library?

thanks for taking the time giftie!

EDIT: You mention eden version, just to make completely sure -- I have to run latest nightly to use this, right? Or can it be used with current dharma?

- bluenote - 2011-06-01

Quote:If you have the ability to use SQL Querys(a database viewer) could you try the following SQL call on your XBMC Video Database and see what the response is(I use XBMC's default database):

Code:

When I execute this I get "0 rows returned"
I dont understand the query though to know if this is something that may be affected by rescraping my library. The original movie is in the database named the same, so I think the fact that I rescraped has not affected the result.

Also, I have now downloaded a significant number of trailers for my local movies, and I am enjoying being able to use CE with them. But I have one problem - I don't want to see trailers for movies in my library that are marked watched. Would you consider this as an enhancement? Not the same as , don't show watched trailers, but, don't show trailers attached to movies with watched flag.

thanks

- peebs - 2011-06-03

I haven't been able to get Apple's movie trailers to play since the last time I updated this script. (to 1.0.46, but I'm not sure what the previous version was...)

I've tried pretty much every setting, and it either freezes completely, or acts like it's going to play the trailers (plays the 'coming attractions' intros) but then freezes.

I've tried the download option (which I prefer), I've tried streaming, I've tried using the apple trailers plugin's database... I'm at a loss.

- giftie - 2011-06-03

The download function only really works if you use trivia(needs time to download) If you remove all videos before the trailers(no trivia outro, no coming attractions) the streamed trailers should work..

If you want to, you can revert to an older version to see if the work again with the videos before. First you need to uninstall Cinema experience. Then use the install from zip option and select an older version from your /XBMC/addons/packages. I see if I can get an earlier version up for those who want to test. I would be interested in seeing if an older version works properly or not..

- peebs - 2011-06-03

giftie Wrote:The download function only really works if you use trivia(needs time to download) If you remove all videos before the trailers(no trivia outro, no coming attractions) the streamed trailers should work..

If you want to, you can revert to an older version to see if the work again with the videos before. First you need to uninstall Cinema experience. Then use the install from zip option and select an older version from your /XBMC/addons/packages. I see if I can get an earlier version up for those who want to test. I would be interested in seeing if an older version works properly or not..

After doing more reading, I realized I'm about 20 pages late to the party for this issue. This started happening at least a month ago. When I get more time, I'll test a few things and see what I can figure out.

- JohnVee - 2011-06-04

Hi, just have a quick question. Sorry if this has already been asked.

When I see a movie I want to use the Cinema script with, I push Info then push Cinema play in the skin I'm using, which is Neon...Right after I do that, the screen jumps to the next movie in my library for a second, then the script runs. The trailers play fine and the right movie plays. Although if I hit stop, either when the script is running or while the movie is playing, it does not come back to the original movie I selected. It goes back to the movie just to the right. Can this be fixed or does this have to do with the skin? It happens with both the night and neon.