Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- giftie - 2011-06-04

JohnVee Wrote:Hi, just have a quick question. Sorry if this has already been asked.

When I see a movie I want to use the Cinema script with, I push Info then push Cinema play in the skin I'm using, which is Neon...Right after I do that, the screen jumps to the next movie in my library for a second, then the script runs. The trailers play fine and the right movie plays. Although if I hit stop, either when the script is running or while the movie is playing, it does not come back to the original movie I selected. It goes back to the movie just to the right. Can this be fixed or does this have to do with the skin? It happens with both the night and neon.

The reason for the selector moving to the next movie is because the script uses the Queue function(if you Queue a video, XBMC automatically moves to the next video) Since this not a 'fault' of the script or XBMC, just a design aspect of XBMC.

- JohnVee - 2011-06-05

giftie Wrote:The reason for the selector moving to the next movie is because the script uses the Queue function(if you Queue a video, XBMC automatically moves to the next video) Since this not a 'fault' of the script or XBMC, just a design aspect of XBMC.

Oh ok, thank you for the explanation.

- fional - 2011-06-06

Everything is working ok, I think I have things figured out and set up.

Only problem is that when I go to play and it runs the script, it seems like the first 3 seconds of the film plays BEFORE it runs the intros. So you have the start of the show, for about 3 seconds, maybe two, then it runs into the chosen intros.

Otherwise, this is really really cool! Smile

Also, is it normal behaviour for it to go "Ratings video" "Countdown" then "Audio"? It's been ages since I've been to the cinema, it just seems odd having a countdown after the rating to be followed by one more intro. Though that may be how it is, thought I'd ask!

- Petch - 2011-06-07

Last night, after finally getting Cinema Experience (CE) tweaked the way I wanted, CE stopped playing the coming attractions video and my trailers! It was working perfectly for a little while and then stopped all of a sudden. All other aspects of CE appear to be working correctly... I have tried deleting Apple Trailers and reinstalling, uninstalling CE and installing again, clearing up unneeded addons that could have possibly conflicted, etc. I have also tried playing trivia slides before the trailers start (when trailers are set to download), and tired without any videos before the trailers start (when trailers are set to stream). Anyone have any helpful ideas to get the trailers playing again?

I uploaded my log to pastebin.com - http://pastebin.com/tjw9rPS2

Thanks for any help in advance!

P.S. This script is an excellent addition to XBMC!

- giftie - 2011-06-07

fional Wrote:Everything is working ok, I think I have things figured out and set up.

Only problem is that when I go to play and it runs the script, it seems like the first 3 seconds of the film plays BEFORE it runs the intros. So you have the start of the show, for about 3 seconds, maybe two, then it runs into the chosen intros.

Otherwise, this is really really cool! Smile

What skin and starting method are you using to set up a movie?

Quote:Also, is it normal behaviour for it to go "Ratings video" "Countdown" then "Audio"? It's been ages since I've been to the cinema, it just seems odd having a countdown after the rating to be followed by one more intro. Though that may be how it is, thought I'd ask!

This a error in the code. The next release has the video moved to right before the movie.

- giftie - 2011-06-07

Petch Wrote:Last night, after finally getting Cinema Experience (CE) tweaked the way I wanted, CE stopped playing the coming attractions video and my trailers! It was working perfectly for a little while and then stopped all of a sudden. All other aspects of CE appear to be working correctly... I have tried deleting Apple Trailers and reinstalling, uninstalling CE and installing again, clearing up unneeded addons that could have possibly conflicted, etc. I have also tried playing trivia slides before the trailers start (when trailers are set to download), and tired without any videos before the trailers start (when trailers are set to stream). Anyone have any helpful ideas to get the trailers playing again?

I uploaded my log to pastebin.com - http://pastebin.com/tjw9rPS2

Thanks for any help in advance!

P.S. This script is an excellent addition to XBMC!

Do you have the option "Unwatched Trailers only" set to on? I think you might... You can clear the watched list by going into the settings. You also are using the built-in scraper for the newest trailers from Apple, You can run out of trailers pretty quick.

- Laciecat - 2011-06-07

Star Wars Slides

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QMAGDGV9

- fional - 2011-06-07

giftie Wrote:What skin and starting method are you using to set up a movie?

Aeon Nox is the skin I'm using. What do you mean by starting method? I go into "movies" and I click "cinema" and then select the film.

I have it set up to skip trivia (that would just give me a black screen till I hit escape, sure I set something up wrong). It plays 1 feature intro, 1 feature outro, 2 trailers, 1 movie intro 1 movie outro, ratings, and audio.

Thanks so much!

- Petch - 2011-06-07

giftie Wrote:Do you have the option "Unwatched Trailers only" set to on? I think you might... You can clear the watched list by going into the settings. You also are using the built-in scraper for the newest trailers from Apple, You can run out of trailers pretty quick.

I do have the Unwatched Trailers only selected. I will clear that setting when I get home tonight and try again. Do you have a recommendation for which scraper setting to use so I don't run out of trailers quickly?

Thanks again for the help!

- giftie - 2011-06-07

Petch Wrote:I do have the Unwatched Trailers only selected. I will clear that setting when I get home tonight and try again. Do you have a recommendation for which scraper setting to use so I don't run out of trailers quickly?

Thanks again for the help!

The problem is that Apple Trailers only updates once in awhile, I think there is about 20-30 trailers available at a given time(Current trailers), so even at 3 per use, that is only 10 times it will fetch trailers. You can turn of the 'Only Unwatched' even with you downloading(as long as you always download to the same place) the script will only download new ones, but use the ones already there.

- giftie - 2011-06-07

fional Wrote:Aeon Nox is the skin I'm using. What do you mean by starting method? I go into "movies" and I click "cinema" and then select the film.

With using the 'Cinema' from the drop down menu, you need to Queue(or enqueue) a movie. This done by pressing '0' - Zero(on a remote) or 'Q' on a keyboard(also Queue from the Context menu works). This method of use was introduced to allow a 'Multi Feature' movie sequence, but also still works for the single movies. This is the method until I can figure out how to capture the keypresses(play, select) but pass the rest on to the movie menu.

If you press play or select, XBMC start playing the movie before the script gets a chance to set up(hence the reason you see the movie play for a couple of seconds).

I do hope to figure out a way to capture the keypresses.

Quote:I have it set up to skip trivia (that would just give me a black screen till I hit escape, sure I set something up wrong). It plays 1 feature intro, 1 feature outro, 2 trailers, 1 movie intro 1 movie outro, ratings, and audio.

Thanks so much!

I'm not sure what you might have set wrong, but I'm sure that some one(maybe me) can help out on the forum here...

- fional - 2011-06-07

giftie Wrote:With using the 'Cinema' from the drop down menu, you need to Queue(or enqueue) a movie. This done by pressing '0' - Zero(on a remote) or 'Q' on a keyboard(also Queue from the Context menu works). This method of use was introduced to allow a 'Multi Feature' movie sequence, but also still works for the single movies. This is the method until I can figure out how to capture the keypresses(play, select) but pass the rest on to the movie menu.

If you press play or select, XBMC start playing the movie before the script gets a chance to set up(hence the reason you see the movie play for a couple of seconds).

I do hope to figure out a way to capture the keypresses.

Ok that's an easy enough workaround! Smile I just want to say this is really cool. I never thought I'd care to see trailers, but I tried it once and I really like it. Thanks so much for this Big Grin

- bluenote - 2011-06-10

Hey giftie

I hope I'm being helpful and not being a pest,
I wonder if you happened to skip over this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=808988&postcount=1376
Not trying to be pushy! Smile
thanks!

- giftie - 2011-06-10

bluenote Wrote:Hey giftie

I hope I'm being helpful and not being a pest,
I wonder if you happened to skip over this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=808988&postcount=1376
Not trying to be pushy! Smile
thanks!

You're being helpful Smile I don't know if I am going to change how the script pulls info(on Dharma) I have already changed it for Eden which should be database neutral(unlike using an SQL call) I'll look into it a bit more, just busy with my other script..

- The Wuggly Ump - 2011-06-13

Hi folks. Really like the script so far, but I've got a few questions:

1. There are options to match trailers to genres and ratings. How do I select what genre/rating a trailer is?
2. Is there a way to create a buffer time between videos? It's jarring when a video cuts directly into the next. It would be awesome to have a fade or something, but even a simple 1-second black screen would be an improvement.
3. I have some videos that'd go nicely between the trailers, but I can't find an option for that kind of thing. I'd like to play one random trailer, then play one random video from a list (or a specific video, although that wouldn't be as neat), then another trailer and so on. Is this possible?
4. Similarly, is it possible to create custom categories and/or set specific videos to obey certain rules (always playing after the movie theater intro, etc)? Keep in mind I know nothing about scripting. Smile
5. Not a question, but the directory structure tutorial doesn't have a folder for Countdowns.

Thanks!