Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- giftie - 2011-06-25

cult... forget what I said earlier... I see the error.... The full debug log showed me your file paths for your videos. - Z:\Other\Cinema Strange\Ratings\

When XBMC was originally on the XBox, Z:/ was the cache drive. Though Dharma will never run on the XBox this code still found its way to live Smile

I found this error before and had reported it to the XBMC developers. The only thing I can suggest is to not use the Z:/ for mapping of your drives. Once you change this and make sure you change your settings to match, things should work again...

- cult - 2011-06-25

giftie Wrote:If you want to attempt to add the needed code, I'll give you step by step instructions.

You need to open, in a text editor, the 'dharma_code.py' file found in your appdata\xbmc\addons\script.cinema.experience\resources\lib\ folder

you should see code near the top that looks like this:
Code:
import xbmc, xbmcgui, xbmcaddon
import traceback

All you need to do is add ', os' to the second line so it looks like this.

Code:
import xbmc, xbmcgui, xbmcaddon
import traceback, os

Make sure there is a comma and a space before the 'os' and also must be in lower case. Then save the file and test.

thanks giftie - hmm, made the edit but no luck unfortunately - same results. i posted the results debug log at the url below:

http://pastebin.com/bk8Rv57Q

- giftie - 2011-06-25

cult Wrote:thanks giftie - hmm, made the edit but no luck unfortunately - same results. i posted the results debug log at the url below:

http://pastebin.com/bk8Rv57Q

Did you catch the message I put up right after that about changing your mapped drive lettering?

- cult - 2011-06-25

giftie Wrote:Did you catch the message I put up right after that about changing your mapped drive lettering?

oops - no, must have just missed it when i posted my last message. but that was the fix lol. woohoo! thanks giftie looks like im all set Smile

- queequeeg78 - 2011-06-25

Hi giftie, I followed your instructions and I got xbmc event plugin to work, but still no broadcast from CE. I am not going to bombard you with a million tech questions about this, if I can get it to work cool if not then I will work on it every now and then Smile

Just my one question.

1. I create a macro and I choose the xbmc event broadcast right? In the command field I type in XBMC-Event.<b>CE_Automate<li>script_start</b>, or just <b>CE_Automate<li>script_start</b>?

All of the xbmc events are showing up in the eg log, but when I start the CE script I dont see anything except "XBMC-Event.<b>OnPlayBackStarted;1</b>" when I start up CE.

Again i wont be asking a million questions about this, if I could get it to work cool if not then could always use the setup I did before but I just love the idea of maybe dimming the lights little lower everytime another trigger happens Smile

cheers

- queequeeg78 - 2011-06-25

Nevermind my last post hahaha, I didnt realize it was reading from userdata/addon_data/

Ok now it is broadcasting now...

Cheers Smile

- giftie - 2011-06-25

queequeeg78 Wrote:Hi giftie, I followed your instructions and I got xbmc event plugin to work, but still no broadcast from CE. I am not going to bombard you with a million tech questions about this, if I can get it to work cool if not then I will work on it every now and then Smile

Just my one question.

1. I create a macro and I choose the xbmc event broadcast right? In the command field I type in XBMC-Event.<b>CE_Automate<li>script_start</b>, or just <b>CE_Automate<li>script_start</b>?

All of the xbmc events are showing up in the eg log, but when I start the CE script I dont see anything except "XBMC-Event.<b>OnPlayBackStarted;1</b>" when I start up CE.

Again i wont be asking a million questions about this, if I could get it to work cool if not then could always use the setup I did before but I just love the idea of maybe dimming the lights little lower everytime another trigger happens Smile

cheers

Did you also download the home_automation.py file from the link in that message? Also did you turn on the options in Home Automation in settings?

You also need to use the 'XBMC-Event.' as part of the event.

- queequeeg78 - 2011-06-27

Thanks giftie for your instructions about the home automation part of CE, its been such a great addition this alread amazing script.

I got one more question (you probably already answered it before), but i see for the trailers if i add the apple trailers then the coming attractions video freezes and just stops responding, but if I add the option for a local folder the whole coming attractions of the script just skips it.

with local folder

trivia intro
trivia outro
skips coming attractions
skips trailers
movie intro.

- giftie - 2011-06-27

queequeeg78 Wrote:Thanks giftie for your instructions about the home automation part of CE, its been such a great addition this alread amazing script.

I got one more question (you probably already answered it before), but i see for the trailers if i add the apple trailers then the coming attractions video freezes and just stops responding, but if I add the option for a local folder the whole coming attractions of the script just skips it.

with local folder

trivia intro
trivia outro
skips coming attractions
skips trailers
movie intro.

If you want to use streamed trailers, you need to drop the trivia Outro and coming attractions videos(a known problem)

With out your debug log I can only guess, do you have the 'Watch only Unwatched' option turned on for trailers(in settings)

- queequeeg78 - 2011-06-27

Its unselected. TBH i was just wondering about this, i got a chance to read past posts and I see that others are having problems streaming. I downloaded the hd-net trailer and it downloads movies into the trailer folder but just doesn't seem to see them.

No biggy still amazing work you're doing!

- ijourneaux - 2011-06-27

giftie Wrote:Something must have gotten changed in HD Trailers.net Downloader - it used to properly label them..

I am not sure why I made the change a few weeks back. Regardless it was a mistake. Should have a corrected version up later tonight.

- pilluli - 2011-07-01

Hi,

I just discovered this addon after I switched to the aeon nox skin and I find it very cool indeed! Smile

From what I could read I'm still unsure if the script shows the trivia or movie facts slides randomly or based in the movie you're watching. What I would like to do is to show a couple of trivia slides but only about the movie being watched. Is that possible with the current script?

Also, are there any automatic way of downloading movie trivia from IMDB for instance and show it in the screen??

Best regards,

- ijourneaux - 2011-07-01

Working with an another HD-Trailer.Net Downloader User (Matsul), we explored new ways to create and support parsers for Trailer feeds. As an experiement, Matsul created a parser for the trailer feed at TrailerFreaks.

This works marvelously!!. As a test, I uploaded a beta version of HD-Trailer.net Downloader that used the TrailerFreak rss feed. This has a couple of advantages; The trailerFereak rss feed typically lists a few more movies. It also provides the imdb movie ID so I don't have to look it up. Althugh the look up in good at locating the correct movie listing, there are mistakes.

So Matsul also replicated the parser for HD-Trailer.Net and the german trailer feed MovieMaze (sp). These work well as well. NOow I just have to figure out how to add the parsers so that they can be selected in the config file. THere are a couple of complications, not all sites have all of the information used by HD-Trailer.Net Downloader and sometimes there are too many trailers listed at the same time so have to provide a machanism to select which trailers to download.

Fun times ahead. A special thanks to Matsul for the push and providing the first drafts of the new parsers.

Take Care

- giftie - 2011-07-01

pilluli Wrote:Hi,

I just discovered this addon after I switched to the aeon nox skin and I find it very cool indeed! Smile

From what I could read I'm still unsure if the script shows the trivia or movie facts slides randomly or based in the movie you're watching. What I would like to do is to show a couple of trivia slides but only about the movie being watched. Is that possible with the current script?

Also, are there any automatic way of downloading movie trivia from IMDB for instance and show it in the screen??

Best regards,

It randomly chooses slides. It can limit by the MPAA rating of the movie though. Future plans have genre and director matching(though need more slides for that Smile )

And for for the moment there is also no automatic scraping of trivia/quotes from IMDB, though this does sound like a good future addition.

- Method007 - 2011-07-02

First off, awesome plugin. Second - anybody know any way I can convert this so it just plays trailers? I have a lot of movies and I want to be able to just click a button and have all of my trailers randomly play so i can just figure out what I want to watch based on random trailer. I do have it set up so it only plays trailers, but I only can get it to play 10 then a movie plays. Anyone know a way I can mod something to make it just keep playing trailers over and over?