Kodi Community Forum
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+---- Forum: Artwork requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=266)
+---- Thread: fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs (/showthread.php?tid=87577)

- Kode - 2011-01-08

Sranshaft Wrote:@kode: I keep getting a 'Image must be a transparent file' error when using Chrome or IE9.

In which section?

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-08

Kode Wrote:In which section?

In the backend, under ClearLogos > Requests.

- hikaricore - 2011-01-09

I think we might need a description at the top of the Feedback section..

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-09

@Kode: Everything seems to be working now regarding uploads with Chrome. I'll check with IE9 in a little bit.

One thing that I think needs to be re-addressed is the resources. Of the logos requested, a lot of them just have links to IMDb or the Wikipedia page. While that's a good start in case it's an obscure show and not widely known it really doesn't help when it comes to showing what the logo of the show actually looks like. Not to pick any one individual but currently Walter30 has nothing but these kinds of links in the resources.

I don't how how easily it would be for Kode to hack up something along the lines of automatically adding the links for IMDb or Wikipedia (not that it's really necessary) and not allowing those kinds of links but it would hopefully make the requesters put a little more effort when requesting...one could hope at least.

- DejaVu - 2011-01-09

Some of my images seem to have vanished.

They were in Pending, now they are not on the site - or in denied. Seems like the logo fairy's nicked them...

Made a few over the past few days - one was Poker After Dark.
If it was crap - please tell me. Don't leave me in the dark! lol

Any ideas where they've gone?

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-09

DejaVu77 Wrote:Some of my images seem to have vanished.

They were in Pending, now they are not on the site - or in denied. Seems like the logo fairy's nicked them...

Made a few over the past few days - one was Poker After Dark.
If it was crap - please tell me. Don't leave me in the dark! lol

Any ideas where they've gone?

Not sure mate. I can see a logo for Poker After Dark by you in the denied section (uploaded the 6th of January). There's ones for Web Therapy and The Hard Times as well. The logo for Web Therapy needed some cleanup around the word Therapy. The one for Hard Times wasn't bottom aligned, albeit by only a few pixels.

Right off the bat on the main page I see atleast 3 images that are not properly aligned.
I hate to think that I need to keep reminding you all that images must be bottom aligned.
I don't care if it's 2 pixels or 10 pixels the point is that the standard needs to be kept.
Some of you very well know better and you know who you are.

If the bottom of the logo or its shadow are not touching the bottom most edge of the image space I will start flagging them.

On the topic of requests...
I think we should state clearly that an image/font or a link to an image/font is required and that requests containing only links to websites will be deleted.

- KidKiwi - 2011-01-09

hikaricore Wrote:I hate to think that I need to keep reminding you all that images must be bottom aligned. I don't care if it's 2 pixels or 10 pixels the point is that the standard needs to be kept.
Some of you very well know better and you know who you are.

If the bottom of the logo or its shadow are not touching the bottom most edge of the image space I will start flagging them.

I find sometimes this is a tough one. Using vectors, the shadow is often perfect, but saving as a png, with the resolution being less, you seem to lose the shadows full effect. Sometimes I spend as much time trying to get the ****** shadow right (so it's not clipped in the png) as drawing the flippin logo Oo

The simple solution is to save your image centered to a png, then open and autocrop/bottom align it. :p

- hikaricore - 2011-01-10

Lol the search box can't handle apostrophes:

Quote:Search results for "Bob\'s Burgers"
No Matches found

If all else fails, go to thetvdb.com, find the show you are looking for, and type its id into our search bar, this will add the show to our database.

- DejaVu - 2011-01-10

If some of you hadnt noticed (pretty hard to miss!) - trakt widgets are now clearlogo'd up! Wink

- gargoyle67 - 2011-01-10

Made some minor adjustments to my "The Vampire Diaries - 95491" clearart
that I just noticed after it was accepted :o(sorry) so please replace and not think it's a dupe:p

Image >>>> Image

- DejaVu - 2011-01-10

Just made a Wallace & Gromit Logo, but the logo is a stupid shape and looks small. See what you think though.

The 'Banner' style from the BBC website is very hard to make it look right and this logo is probably going to need doing from scratch (the long haul!)

- DejaVu - 2011-01-10

My last denied image I can see is Storage Wars back on New Years day.

I have 86 listed. I've cleared my browser cache.

Any ideas why?