Kodi Community Forum
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+---- Forum: Artwork requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=266)
+---- Thread: fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs (/showthread.php?tid=87577)

- Kode - 2010-12-16

UserInterface: I just looked at your rejected image, heres a tip, if the gap at the bottom is bigger than the gap at the top, it's not bottom aligned.

You want the bottom of the drop shadow basically touching the bottom of the image.

You have submitted some good logos, they just need some minor modifications.

Its hard to make a template because it depends how much drop shadow is added as to where it needs to sit, just follow mcborzus advice and you should be fine Smile

- Kode - 2010-12-16

YodaEXE: Is the How do I upload an image? box not clear enough on each page? Any tips as a user how to make it more clear? The easier it is for the users the better Smile

Also it should only say 400x155 if you attempt to upload ClearART/TV Thumbs/Season Thumbs in the ClearLOGO section, likewise it should say 500x281 if you attempt to upload a ClearLOGO in the other sections.

mcborzu: It should be fixed in IE/Opera, let me know if its still not working for you Smile

*edit* AHH i see! it says 400x155 in the info box where you upload images! i'll fix that Smile I thought you meant you had tried uploading and it errored with that message.

Does someone want to put together some rules for tv thumbs and season thumbs? I think hikaricore is going to write some up for ClearART, but the thumbs are jpgs, so no transparancy and therefore different requirements.

- UserInterface - 2010-12-16

Kode Wrote:UserInterface: I just looked at your rejected image, heres a tip, if the gap at the bottom is bigger than the gap at the top, it's not bottom aligned.

You want the bottom of the drop shadow basically touching the bottom of the image.

You have submitted some good logos, they just need some minor modifications.

Its hard to make a template because it depends how much drop shadow is added as to where it needs to sit, just follow mcborzus advice and you should be fine Smile

OK check my last one i moved it down a little tell me if it is what you want.

feel like i am getting closer.

- Kode - 2010-12-16

That looks right to me, so I've approved it Smile

- UserInterface - 2010-12-16

Kode Wrote:That looks right to me, so I've approved it Smile

OK. I know what you are after now i will do some more on sunday, then i'll check out your other sections.
Better pick my self up a mouse too..

- Kode - 2010-12-16

lol, I find it annoying enough to code on a laptop, making images would probably drive me insane.

Though that's probably because I'm spoiled at work, I have a 24" monitor centrally, a 20" to the left and a 19" to the right.

At home I have a 23" and just having 1 monitor feels cramped, a laptop screen is even worse.

I do use a laptop to make code amends when I'm at home though, its usually too cold in the office at the moment.

- MarkAsRead - 2010-12-16

Kode Wrote:That looks right to me, so I've approved it Smile

Had a look at it to, but it cuts off the flash things on all sides, So if you make the logo 10% smaller it will fit nicely.

But if nobody cares, I sure as hell won't cause I don't watch girly shows like that anyway. Wink (Still quality should be high)

Not really sure why people would need a template.... If you need somebody else to create you a file that is 400x155 with a couple of layers of color, than you shouldn't even attempt to make any logo's or do any photo shopping at all.

- Kode - 2010-12-16

See, that's why I don't approve any images Tongue, UserInterface if you want to upload one where the flash things aren't cut off, I'll approve that one and delete the current one.

Mods: I've split pending images out from requests, so now there is a requests section and a pending images section (which also has a link to denied images), at the top level it displays the number of requests+pending so you can see at a glance if anything needs your attention. At the sub level the number of items is next to each.

- Kode - 2010-12-16

Rad_ Wrote:1. The only way to see uploaded resources is to be logged in and go through the "Requests" area in the backend. This is probably by design, but I'm always dying to click on the area of the home page that mentions how many resources there are for a show. Might be worth opening this up a bit--at least on the tv show's landing page, I'd think.

2. In the backend "Requests" section, can you make the ID column a link to the TVDB page? For extra credit, maybe also a small link after the title in the name column that does a google image search?

3. Still in the backend, if you click on the "pending" image, the server goes off and does something (probably checks to see if the current user is a moderator?), but then returns no change. I'd occasionally like to see what the pending logo is to get an idea if it's likely to get accepted or might be worth doing anyway. If you're hiding them by design, might be worth unlinking them for non-mods to save your server's cycles....

1. I can have the number link through to the relevant section in the backend? Would that work for you?

2. Both done

3. Actually that doesn't work for moderators either, lol, it doesn't check anything, it just refreshes the page. Will have a think about how to handle pending images for non mods.

- hikaricore - 2010-12-16

The color swatches on the backend seem to not be working in the pending image section, it looks like you've been tinkering so I figure this may be related.
I'll check again when I get home today incase for some odd reason it's just the browser or something. ^_^

- Kode - 2010-12-16

oops, my mistake, didn't port that across properly when i split the sections, should work now.

And the correct images should show up as well, clearlogos were showing up for all pending sections, lol.

- hikaricore - 2010-12-16

I see you've started implementing the voting system which is great, however I'm not really sure I like the whole popup/cover the entire image thing we're right back to the mouseover issue we had before. Perhaps small images or even text beside or under the image would be better?

- Kode - 2010-12-16

Mock something up for me and I'll implement it now Smile

*edit* also it shouldn't be as tempermental as the old one because i think i did that one with mouseover/mouseout whereas this is using mouseenter/mouseleave, the first one fires of another call each time you move the mouse whenever you move around in the area whereas the second fires once when you enter the area, and once when you leave

- YodaEXE - 2010-12-16

The site really seems to be coming together nicely. Great work so far. Any idea on when we'll be able to view things that we've submitted in the control panel? I've got 2 ClearARTs up on the website now, but up until they were approved I had no idea what was going on with them.

- Kode - 2010-12-16

I'll have a look into that now YodaEXE, not sure how long its going to take yet though.

By the way, if there are any PHP developers that would like to help out with this project, drop me a PM and we'll have a chat.