Kodi Community Forum
WebServer HTTP API (HttpApi): for PocketPC and Web-client Remote Control Apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: WebServer HTTP API (HttpApi): for PocketPC and Web-client Remote Control Apps (/showthread.php?tid=8760)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- reimera - 2005-10-07

i have installed all, but the programm does not startet correct.
the failure is:
it cannot find the folder

this is my ...ini document

xboxip=172.16.2.155
root=mp3s=f:\music\main\==music
root=music=f:\music\==music
root=picture=f:\==pictures
root=f=f:\==music
root=videos=f:\movies\==video
root=radio=f:\music\radio\==
root=dvd=iso9660://==
foldermapping=c:\=smb://squeak/c/
foldermapping=d:\=smb://squeak/d/
bypasscache=false
wipeimagereview=false
wipefolders=false
savetofolder_jpg=false
autostartplaylist=true
autocheckclipboard=false
checkperiod=10
streamprotocol=mms:|http:|shout:|ftp:|rtsp:|rtp:|udp:|
streamext=.asf|.wmv|
imageext=.jpg|.bmp|.gif|.tif|.jpeg|.png|
msnmessenger=false
usexbmcextensions=true
autogetpicturethumbs=false
debug=true

- nad - 2005-10-08

reimera: modify the following lines so that the paths point to legal paths on your xbox, or just delete the line but keep at least one. for example in the first line change "f:\music\main\" to the path where your music files are stored.

root=mp3s=f:\music\main\==music
root=music=f:\music\==music
root=picture=f:\==pictures
root=f=f:\==music
root=videos=f:\movies\==video
root=radio=f:\music\radio\==

then delete the following two lines

foldermapping=c:\=smb://squeak/c/
foldermapping=d:\=smb://squeak/d/

once you have things working look at the readme file for how to use the foldermapping setting.

alternatively if you have the latest version of xbmccontrol just delete the file xbmccontrol.ini.txt, re-run xbmccontrol and the setup wizard should create the correct file for you.

nad

- nad - 2005-10-08

kick in da door: try manually creating the xbmccontrol.ini.txt file (see reimera's post for an example of what it should look like, though change the ip setting, and my reply to reimera).

nad

- reimera - 2005-10-09

hello nad,
i have deleted the xbmccontrol.ini.txt

now i get by starting the program the message:

"no response using that adress. do you wish to try again."

but the adress is ok, i try the program http://172.16.2.155/xbmccmds/xbmchttp?command=getcurrentplaylist
it runs correct.

- gerhardastern - 2005-10-16

i habe the same problem as reimera i get the message
"no response using that adress. do you wish to try again."
can anyone help me?

- Drongo - 2005-11-07

http api

nad, i've been playing around with html & asp to design a web page controller for a ppc. i have a couple of queries. when i use one of the 'get...' api commands that you added to the source code a few months ago, a response is returned as 'ok' or a number etc, plus a couple of lines about the goahead web server. this then mucks up the display. similarly, with say the 'getcurrentlyplaying' command i get a full page of text with useful info.

is it possible to get the same commands but instead of outputing to a web page the data is only returned to variables[one item per variable], so i can manipulate in asp. also is there a command to retrieve the current thumbnail without having to determine the album name and filename?

any thoughts?

- nad - 2005-11-08

drongo: the idea was for the asp or python response to be parsed by the calling code. is this not possible - i must admit i haven't tried doing this myself.

as far as the current thumbnail, are you after the filename of the image currently being displayed? if so, i'll have to look into it.

nad

- Kick In Da Door - 2005-11-09

i tried editing the file manually , but i still get "no response using that adress. do you wish to try again." message , do u have a fix for this, or is there a previous version still up for download?

- Drongo - 2005-11-09

nad, i've tried using the following commands in an asp file:-

<% curvol = xbmcapi("getvolume"); %>
<% change= xbmcapi("setvolume", curvol); %>

they work ok. the first returns the curent volume into the variable 'curvol' and the second changes the volume and responds 'ok'. however, it would appear that as soon as either of the 2 commands are acted on by the web server, the web server immediately outputs a response  [ok or the percentage volume}, followed by 2 lines of text about the goahead server.

what i was hoping for was these functions simply return the required response without sending both the response and the goahead crap to the standard output device.

any chance of fixing this?

regarding the thumbnail, if the above can be fixed and i can work out how to parse the response for "getcurrentlyplaying" then i can probably sort it out. see my other post re the web server

- nad - 2005-11-09

drongo: would you send me a test asp file for me to try and i'll see what i can do.

kick in da door: please pm me and we can work through a few things.

nad

- nad - 2005-11-12

drongo: just uploaded the fix to the asp bug.

- reimera - 2005-11-13

i have the same problem as kick in da door

i tried editing the file manually , but i still get "no response using that adress. do you wish to try again." message , do u have a fix for this, or is there a previous version still up for download?

nad can you help me?

- pulp_136 - 2005-11-23

nad, i tried your vb6 api and it works well but the webserver hangs quite often. especially with the playlistnext command it hangs about every second time. it doesn't seem to close the connection and the only way out of it is an xbmc restart. is there anything i can do about it?

the playlistnext command is the only way i found to simply start a movie (i'm not interested in movies playlists). i use a command sequence of clearplaylist, addtoplaylist, playlistnext. is there a more direct way to simply start a movie?

thanks a lot

- nad - 2005-11-25

pulp_136: you can just use the playfile command to play a movie without worrying about playlists.

i'll have a look at what is causing the hanging that you are experiencing. it could be because you are adding a movie to an audio playlist.

nad

- nad - 2005-11-25

over the last week or so i have been communicating with reimera to fix his/her (sorry) problem with getting xbmccontrol working. reimera's problem is now fixed but if anyone else is experiencing problems ensure that:

1. using your web browser you can access xbmc from the device you are running xbmccontrol.

2. the address you used in 1 is the same as that used by xbmccontrol.

3. you have .net 1.1 sp1 or later installed.

4. you have the file xbmccontrol.exe.config file in the same directory as xbmccontrol.exe.

5. if you have set a password on the xbmc web server you add the password and username to xbmccontrol.ini.txt.

6. ensure that if a firewall exists between xbmccontrol and your xbox it is not blocking the required traffic.

7. if your xbox doesn't have a static ip address you don't have an inappropriately hardcoded ip address in xbmccontrol.ini.txt.

8. if you have installed a previous version of xbmccontrol you delete the whole xbmccontrol directory structure and start fresh. you shouldn't need to do this but this is what seemed to fix reimera's problem.

nad