Kodi Community Forum
WebServer HTTP API (HttpApi): for PocketPC and Web-client Remote Control Apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: WebServer HTTP API (HttpApi): for PocketPC and Web-client Remote Control Apps (/showthread.php?tid=8760)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- nad - 2005-05-13

thor918: thanks for replying to affini - i had just started to try to work out what affini was requesting.

my files have moved from the sourceforge patch section to the file (miscellaneous) section which can be found here: xbmc files

nad

- Livin - 2005-05-14

that is very cool!

now all we need is a good web developer to build a web site that is a duplicate of the pm3 skin so we can have full web control of xbmc :kickass:

- thor918 - 2005-05-14

affini, what device do you want to use this on?

- Livin - 2005-05-14

any web browser...

i have several pcs and a wince wireless tablet that i'd like to use as "remote controls" for xbmc.

i'm planning to put a home automation and home theater pc with a touch screen in my living room. i'd like to have the ability to use it instead of the xbox controller... much easier for guests to use (they don't know the controller buttons, etc.)

side note: what would really be cool is if the core xbmc code automatically created an html output of the interface but i'd assume that would be a huge amount of coding.

- thor918 - 2005-05-14

for something like this there are several important issues:
*what web technology can we use (javascript,java, or just plain html).
*whitout using some dynamic scripts we can't really make any advanced controll (no selfupdataing on next song, exept if we use plain html with metadata set as autorefresh, that option requieres much unneccesary data in communication).
*screen sizes on the devices may vary, witch means that we must have some dynamic here to.
*my personal opinoun is that it would be better to make this in a phyton webserver instead to maintain the dynamic of coding.
(this would also mean that the c++ developers can work on other stuff, as there is many more of us that can mess in phyton) or we could use asp.

there is allready made a controll in asp,i expect you have tried it?it is packed in the web directory.doesn't that suit you needs? it would be no problem using the httpapi commands in the asp pages. so you could use the window command there to get the gui changed.

- nad - 2005-05-15

affini: is there some reason you wish to use the web browser rather than the client app that i created? my client app should work on your win ce device. i must admit it doesn't look as nice as pm3!

nad

- nad - 2005-05-15

just updated my client app (v0.99). this fixes a few bugs and adds a sort in date order button. the latter requires code that i have just uploaded to the xbmc cvs.

nad

- thor918 - 2005-05-15

hope this fixes the many crashes i have experienced latly.
:d
thanks for your work nad

- Livin - 2005-05-15

nad,
i have been using the desktop client a bit. it has worked well for me.

the reason i'd like full web client is for several reasons:

1) will work on any device with a browser without a local app running
- linux, windows, etc

2) easily skinable
- can skin like pm3 to match tv screen or even skin it to match the home automation software being used (xlobby, netremote, meedio, etc)

3) easily extendable front-end
- users can extend the web pages with more/new functions without the need for the code (nad this is you :kickass: ) to create both the api and the front-end.

i know there are some issues to decide/resolve if you go this route (thor918 did a good job explaining these) but in the end, it would be more cross platform and easier to integrate into any system.

- thor918 - 2005-05-15

i would then extend the allready made asp pages.that would be the easiest way to do this.then use the httpapi in that asp pages. some simple javascript. i see you talk about cross plattform.but the webbrowsers sometimes differs in using the techonlogy, and many times goes out of the standard. and this is also regarding how the skinlayout would be intepretted.
but it should be possible to make something like this.but my personal opinoun is that client apps like nad that is spescially fitted for the device is the way to go for a effective communication in the app.it would be too much work for such little in return.(not all devices has the newest javascript and some hasnt at all, now i thinking on cellphones.)

did you try the asp pages that is made allready?

- ryan123 - 2005-05-15

i got the latest build may 15, still crashes on me using my ppc 2003
xboxip=192.168.0.103
root=videos=f:\videos\
bypasscache=true
wipeimagereview=true
wipefolders=true
savetofolder_jpg=true
autostartplaylist=true
autocheckclipboard=true
checkperiod=10
streamprotocol=mms:|http:|shout:|ftp:|rtsp:|rtp:|udp:|
streamext=.asf|
msnmessenger=false

anything wrong with this?
my error is
xbmccontrol.exe
missingmethodexeception

application::run+0xf
frmxbmccontrol::main+0xa

- mhernie - 2005-05-16

i've been playing around with some home automation apps as well and agree with affini.

would be great to be able to integrate this into mainlobby, homeseer, netremote etc... or better yet in your own flash interface. i saw this on engadget.com for controlling home automation using the psp:

engadget psp home automation

would be great to have transport controls of xbmc, list of music files (or album covers), plus the ability to turn on your home stereo (volume, zone, etc) and projector all from the same interface.

making it platform independent would be great, browser based for my wireless linux tablet pc...

maybe it is possible to do this now using the existing code and i'm just to thick to understand it. quite possible...

- nad - 2005-05-18

ryan123: when do you get the crash, during start up before anything is displayed; when clicking on a button; some other time?

if you add:

debug=true

to the .ini.txt file you will get some debugging text written to debug.txt which may give some clues.

also which version of the ppc app are you using?

nad

- ryan123 - 2005-05-18

im using the latest one downloaded from sourceforge

- ryan123 - 2005-05-18

i added the debug=true
and it worked.
can i add music from my smb server?
how come i cant open the video folders?