Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] Sam's beta image for Apple TV? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [LINUX] Sam's beta image for Apple TV? (/showthread.php?tid=88518)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- garyi - 2011-01-07

Master the first boot was ages as it downloaded some stuff, now it takes around a minute.

In general I leave it on all the time so no worries for me.

- Metsadah - 2011-01-07

Is this installation script already working? How can I run it (what are the commands)?

If I connect with filezilla via sftp then I get in and can scroll through the maps, but I cant change any files or upload new ones because I dont have the right permissions. I logged in with atv/atv, should I log in with something else?

- jagabongo - 2011-01-07

jagabongo Wrote:Hi guys, i now need some help here. The Image runs good and i'm glad to have it.

I restored it to 16GB USB stick.. but how can i use my more space for sdb3 ?

It has now 3GB but i want it using all the 15gb available without destroing something.... Sad

Can u help me !?

Code:
atv@appletv-ubuntu:~$ df
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb3              3292880   1839364   1287532  59% /
varrun                  124392        44    124348   1% /var/run
varlock                 124392         0    124392   0% /var/lock
udev                    124392        48    124344   1% /dev
devshm                  124392         0    124392   0% /dev/shm

No one !?

Pls this is important... Sad

- pumkinut - 2011-01-07

jagabongo Wrote:No one !?

As Sam told you, start another thread. This thread is for his image and feedback on it. What you want to do is out of the scope of this thread.

- feikenberg - 2011-01-07

pmcd Wrote:Is there no way to get the switching working without having to remove the usb drive? That is, have some kind of bootloader on the usb drive which would give you a choice?

philip

There was a Wiki about that, but it disappeared a few month ago. I think it's outdated. Somebody with much more knowledge about OS X and Linux than I have, would have to be interested in writing a script / app for that.

- defiler - 2011-01-07

jagabongo Wrote:No one !?

Yep, and it's been asked and answered time and again - even within this thread. Resize the partition with parted and then resize2fs the filesystem. And use the search function on the forum - it works.

- MasterOe - 2011-01-08

i create the usb stick like sams faq:

http://code.google.com/p/crystalhd-for-atv/wiki/LinuxInstaller

The USB Stick is booting and then i get a error message:

wget: invalid option --r

after that problem i get a lot of error messages like "line xy: sudo: command not found"

anyone same problem? can someone help?

- tinBuzz - 2011-01-08

I can not log in via SSH using root/root. Has this been changed?

- MasterOe - 2011-01-08

tinBuzz Wrote:I can not log in via SSH using root/root. Has this been changed?

try atv/atv

- dublus - 2011-01-08

Sorry if this has been explained already but if one has Sam's original image up and running, what changes/advantages are there in his new image?

I was getting ready to upgrade then the question of "why" occurred to me.

- jagabongo - 2011-01-08

defiler Wrote:Yep, and it's been asked and answered time and again - even within this thread. Resize the partition with parted and then resize2fs the filesystem. And use the search function on the forum - it works.

used search, installed hfsutil, build the patched parted tried to resize -> doesn't work...

Resizing partition with parted gives 'incompatible feature' error

a step-by step guide is really appreciatet... Sad because i dont know much about linux...

- Muskyinoz - 2011-01-08

So I finally got round to dowloading Sam's beta image but I've had a few issues which I'll list here so sorry if there repetition from previous posts.

First the image copied fine over to my USB key. I popped it into the ATV and powered up, and as in Sams explanation it took a bit longer but it pulled in the latest and greatest of XBMC and CrystalHD.

XBMC loaded fine, I got some video addons, changed the skin to Night and set up some shares, all working fantastic so far. I decided to get the DDS Fanart set up before doing anything else.

So I logged into the atv via ssh using atv/atv and I got the welcome message etc but when I tried the first line

Code:
cd .xbmc\userdata

I got a message

Code:
-bash: cd: .xbmcuserdata: No such file or directory

I logged in with Fugu and had a browse around and sure enough I couldn't find an XBMC directory. I rebooted the ATV and now I'm getting a failed message on screen regarding ./Sync.sh.

I'm using the latest file from Sam, any help would be appreciated.

- pumkinut - 2011-01-08

jagabongo Wrote:used search, installed hfsutil, build the patched parted tried to resize -> doesn't work...

Resizing partition with parted gives 'incompatible feature' error

a step-by step guide is really appreciatet... Sad because i dont know much about linux...

Start....A....New....Thread

- pumkinut - 2011-01-08

Muskyinoz Wrote:So I finally got round to dowloading Sam's beta image but I've had a few issues which I'll list here so sorry if there repetition from previous posts.

First the image copied fine over to my USB key. I popped it into the ATV and powered up, and as in Sams explanation it took a bit longer but it pulled in the latest and greatest of XBMC and CrystalHD.

XBMC loaded fine, I got some video addons, changed the skin to Night and set up some shares, all working fantastic so far. I decided to get the DDS Fanart set up before doing anything else.

So I logged into the atv via ssh using atv/atv and I got the welcome message etc but when I tried the first line

Code:
cd .xbmc\userdata

I got a message

Code:
-bash: cd: .xbmcuserdata: No such file or directory

I logged in with Fugu and had a browse around and sure enough I couldn't find an XBMC directory. I rebooted the ATV and now I'm getting a failed message on screen regarding ./Sync.sh.

I'm using the latest file from Sam, any help would be appreciated.

Was it .xbmc\userdata or .xbmc/userdata? There's a difference. From your error code, it looks like you did a backslash instead of a forward slash.

I've never used Fugu, but does it show hidden directories? Dot directories in *NIX are hidden so .xbmc is a hidden directory. The correct path should be:
Code:
/root/.xbmc/userdata

From there you should be able to create and add the correct content to advancesettings.xml

- Muskyinoz - 2011-01-08

SUCCESS!! Thanks Pumkinut, I tried the full path you gave me and it worked Smile

Sync issue is fixed also, I retried Sams code and it worked the second time. thanks for the help!