XBMC Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox (/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- Eisi2005 - 2011-03-10 14:22

@boulala

do you have the latest svn version ?

Greets
Eisi

- boulala - 2011-03-10 14:55

Eisi2005 Wrote:@boulala

do you have the latest svn version ?

Greets
Eisi

just updatet put can't seem to find it.

ver 0.9.5 rev 442

- BigNoid - 2011-03-10 15:48

boulala Wrote:just updatet put can't seem to find it.

ver 0.9.5 rev 442

In System-->Skin-->General, the third option from the top:
Enable breadcrumbs

- Victim - 2011-03-10 16:49

Is it possible to set the skin to show "Extra Info" for TV Shows and Genre for "Movies"? As it is right now, change the setting in one section changes it for all.

- samJ - 2011-03-10 18:09

@Bid_Nod or fellow members:

Just curious but how does the Aeon Nox determine what type of rip a video is? For example, if I inlude "DVD" or "HDDVD" in my file name I'll get either the DVD or HDDVD flag when viewing that file's info. What about Blu-Ray? Is it BD, BLURAY, BLU-RAY, etc? Also is this something that is determined by the skin or is it XBMC itself or is there a global setting I can change?

Thank you.

- BigNoid - 2011-03-10 18:40

Victim Wrote:Is it possible to set the skin to show "Extra Info" for TV Shows and Genre for "Movies"? As it is right now, change the setting in one section changes it for all.
That makes sense. I will implement this.
samJ Wrote:@Bid_Nod or fellow members:

Just curious but how does the Aeon Nox determine what type of rip a video is? For example, if I inlude "DVD" or "HDDVD" in my file name I'll get either the DVD or HDDVD flag when viewing that file's info. What about Blu-Ray? Is it BD, BLURAY, BLU-RAY, etc? Also is this something that is determined by the skin or is it XBMC itself or is there a global setting I can change?

Thank you.
It's something that is determined in the skin, for bluray it searches for bluray,blu-ray or bdrip strings in the filename.

- samJ - 2011-03-10 20:32

@ Big_Noid

Big_Noid Wrote:That makes sense. I will implement this.

It's something that is determined in the skin, for bluray it searches for bluray,blu-ray or bdrip strings in the filename.

This means I'll have to change the strings in most of my files if I want the skin to know that a video is a blu-ray rip. I've been using BD to help shorten (+ was told it was the abbreviation for blu-ray was BD by google search) since converting my blu-ray collection.

Could you tell me which file I would need to add BD to should I decided not to rename all my files. Or should I go ahead and change them so they'll work with other skins that use DVD/HDDVD/BLURAY covers as well as Aeon Nox?

Thank you.

- kees667 - 2011-03-10 22:09

Skin still smoking on 10.1! Can't seem to enable fanart for music in filemode, is there an option I overlooked?

- BigNoid - 2011-03-10 22:24

samJ Wrote:@ Big_Noid

This means I'll have to change the strings in most of my files if I want the skin to know that a video is a blu-ray rip. I've been using BD to help shorten (+ was told it was the abbreviation for blu-ray was BD by google search) since converting my blu-ray collection.

Could you tell me which file I would need to add BD to should I decided not to rename all my files. Or should I go ahead and change them so they'll work with other skins that use DVD/HDDVD/BLURAY covers as well as Aeon Nox?

Thank you.
I took a look in Transparency and alaska and they also don't search for BD in the filename. You could add it yourself, but for most skin compatibility you are best off changing the filenames. Anyway, If you want to change, get a editor like Notepad++ or anything else that can search in files and search for string bluray, blu-ray or bdrip and add the following code to it:
Code:
substring(listitem.filename,BD)

example:
Code:
<visible>SubString(ListItem.Filename,bluray) | SubString(ListItem.Filename,blu-ray) | SubString(ListItem.Filename,bdrip)| SubString(ListItem.Filename,BD)</visible>
kees667 Wrote:Skin still smoking on 10.1! Can't seem to enable fanart for music in filemode, is there an option I overlooked?
No, this wasn't added because it's also not in Confluence. But I will add it.
EDIT: It's not possible to have fanart in music files view as far as I can tell.

- Mindzai - 2011-03-10 22:32

Great work Big_Noid.

I have an enhancement suggestion, not sure if it's possible. How about having a special case for movie collections? Same colour as the default one, but maybe with an icon at the top?

- BigNoid - 2011-03-10 22:49

kealan Wrote:Hi Big_Noid, thanks for the cases in tv shows. In TV Shows in LowList view i find the logo with the little tvs on the top of the case itself quite difficult to see and make out, compared with the standard bluray and DVD cases. It seems a little busy.
I was also not happy with that case. I changed it now to add the text tv shows and season with the default black case. What do you think, is it better?
Mindzai Wrote:Great work Big_Noid.

I have an enhancement suggestion, not sure if it's possible. How about having a special case for movie collections? Same colour as the default one, but maybe with an icon at the top?
Yeah, that sounds good. I like how it's done in transparency. I'll see if I can find a good logo.

- Eisi2005 - 2011-03-10 23:20

@Big_Noid

one question is this a bug of the skin, of xbmc or from me Smile

I have some movie sets. As a sample Terminator with all 4 movies.

When i go to movies, then submenu und say there latest he will show me every Terminator move in its own case and not in the set case. That´s i found good.

But now the problem Smile I have made an imdb top 250 smart playlist. When i enter this playlist he will show me Terminator with the movieset poster and behind this poster all 4 movies, but only T2 is in the imdb top250.

Could you change there anything ??

+1 for the special case for movie sets

Greets
Eisi

- samJ - 2011-03-10 23:30

@Big_Noid

Big_Noid Wrote:I took a look in Transparency and alaska and they also don't search for BD in the filename. You could add it yourself, but for most skin compatibility you are best off changing the filenames. Anyway, If you want to change, get a editor like Notepad++ or anything else that can search in files and search for string bluray, blu-ray or bdrip and add the following code to it:
Code:
substring(listitem.filename,BD)

example:
Code:
<visible>SubString(ListItem.Filename,bluray) | SubString(ListItem.Filename,blu-ray) | SubString(ListItem.Filename,bdrip)| SubString(ListItem.Filename,BD)</visible>

Alright, guess I'll use some sort of "file renamer" to do the task and rename all my BDrips to be compliant. So as long as I rename BD to either: BDRIP, BLURAY, or BLU-RAY... I should be fine? Which of the three is more accepted, I'd hope it's: BLURAY? I'd rather do this once and not worry about issues later. Laugh

Thanks again. Nod

- BigNoid - 2011-03-10 23:54

Eisi2005 Wrote:@Big_Noid

one question is this a bug of the skin, of xbmc or from me Smile

I have some movie sets. As a sample Terminator with all 4 movies.

When i go to movies, then submenu und say there latest he will show me every Terminator move in its own case and not in the set case. That´s i found good.

But now the problem Smile I have made an imdb top 250 smart playlist. When i enter this playlist he will show me Terminator with the movieset poster and behind this poster all 4 movies, but only T2 is in the imdb top250.

Could you change there anything ??

+1 for the special case for movie sets

Greets
Eisi
Sorry, I can't change this on skin level.

samJ Wrote:@Big_Noid
Alright, guess I'll use some sort of "file renamer" to do the task and rename all my BDrips to be compliant. So as long as I rename BD to either: BDRIP, BLURAY, or BLU-RAY... I should be fine? Which of the three is more accepted, I'd hope it's: BLURAY? I'd rather do this once and not worry about issues later. Laugh

Thanks again. Nod
Most common is BluRay. Change it to that and you're good in all skins that have source flag support.

- procrastinator - 2011-03-10 23:59

Big_Noid Wrote:I like the original visualization much better than the one that is in Aeon65. But I included the one from Aeon65 (although I tweaked a bit), to enable/disable there is a new option in general skin settings : Enable Original Aeon Music Visualization.

Is this feature in the version that is currently in the Aeon Nox repository? The version I'm using is 0.9.5 and there doesn't appear to be an update available, but there isn't an option to "enable original aeon music visualization" under general skin settings