Aksala - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Alaska (/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+---- Thread: Aksala (/showthread.php?tid=89261)
Aksala - ddlooping - 2011-01-02 03:14
With your permission I'd like to do a "reversed" version of Alaska (code name: "Aksala").
Would it be at all possible for you to share the images you're using in Alaska (I don't know how to extract them from the .xbt file)?
I'm a web-designer and regularly use XML and Photoshop amongst other things.
A few years ago I modified a Mediaportal template quite heavily.
I learn quickly.
- Hitcher - 2011-01-02 11:08
Go for it - you don't need permission but thanks for asking anyway.
Everything is available on GoogleCode -
But give me a few more days to push my latest changes because I'm changing a hell of a lot right now.
- alexandergoll - 2011-01-02 15:02
i like the black version!
- ddlooping - 2011-01-02 16:23
Hitcher Wrote:Go for it - you don't need permission but thanks for asking anyway.Thanks, Hitcher.
alexandergoll Wrote:i like the black version!Thanks, alexandergoll.
It's probably going to take a while before it's done though, it'll be a (far) side project.
- ddlooping - 2011-01-02 17:01
What's the easiest way to download the files from GoogleCode?
P.P.S: Got it.
I was using "http://skin-alaska-revisited.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ skin-alaska-revisited-read-only".
I didn't know the "skin-alaska-revisited-read-only" wasn't to be included. :/
- mischga - 2011-01-02 18:08
i really love Alaska, but isn´t there a possibility to change the brightness of the background? my tv makes some annoying sounds when displaying a very bright screen.
for me it would be ok if you could insert a background-brightness-controller ^^
- Hitcher - 2011-01-02 18:28
ddlooping Wrote:P.S:If you want access to my current working copy drop me a PM, or if you want help/advice on anything add me on MSN because I'd love to see a 'reverse' themed Alaska myself (I did start a while ago but never had time to see it through).
- ddlooping - 2011-01-02 18:37
Thanks for the offer, Hitcher.
I'm going to see how I get along first, then call upon you if I get stuck.
- ddlooping - 2011-01-02 19:45
I inverted the backgrounds and I think it's going to work.
Now I need to:
1) identify the graphic or code that generates the white halo around the buttons on the "Home" screen. It needs to be changed to a dark shadow, a stroke or removed entirely.
2) identify the graphics or code that generates the white containers under some images (i.e, the legend background under the home buttons)
3) Changed the font colours to lighter ones.
4) Find and invert the filter (?) used on the out-of-focus poster, banners...
- ddlooping - 2011-01-02 20:59
ddlooping Wrote:I inverted the backgrounds and I think it's going to work.