Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library (/showthread.php?tid=90258)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

[RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library - Hiram - 2011-01-11

Hi guys, I found that I had a few movies that weren't showing up in the library and I found it very tedious to sift through a files view to find them myself. So I wrote this plugin to search through your sources and display them all in a list to you. Works with tv shows as well!

Missing movie viewer 2.0.16

January 13th Update! You no longer have to enter the source directories for TV shows or movies.
January 30th Update! Fixed a bug regarding local sources.
January 31st Update! Fixed another bug regarding local sources.
February 1st Update! All bugs should now be fixed!
February 4th Update! My plugin now supports movie sets and multi-file movies! Also fixed a bug regarding TV shows that have no seasons.
February 6th Update! Now it really should support multi-file movies! Plus some more bug fixes.
February 7th Update! Fixed a bug regarding commas in the file names.
February 11th Update! Fixed a bug regarding video_ts folders.

I run this script on XBMC for Linux and it's running fine, so if anyone has a problem, particularly on a different platform, don't forget to post a log and mention what OS you use!

Note: for this plugin to include sources, it must find at least one video in each source. So if you add a new source and no files in that source are in the library, the source won't be searched. This is to prevent the TV and Movie sections from overlapping and displaying huge amounts of files.

Any problems, comments, or anything at all, just post it here and I'll try and get it sorted.

Known Problems:
  • Network shares (\\desktop-name\share or smb://) currently don't work. This is a lack of support from XBMC, and is currently not possible. If someone can get around this, let me know!

- derbycity - 2011-01-12

Hey I like the concept. How do u add the path to the movies can u make it easier without having to type in the whole path

- Hiram - 2011-01-12

Hey, no there's not.

As it's just a plugin, I have no control over the settings screen or anything like that so I can't make a file dialog pop up. Ideally I'd like the plugin to work so you don't have to put paths in at all, and they pick them up straight from XBMC. But it seems that's not possible as far as I'm aware.

If anyone knows how I can do that, or can think of a more elegant solution than typing in paths manually, let me know.

Edit: It is possible! I'll set to work rewriting this part now. Stay tuned!

- Hiram - 2011-01-13

Updated! Now it retrieves the source directories itself. It may not work on Windows or Mac though, so if anyone is using these platforms and it doesn't work, be sure to tell me!

- timdog82001 - 2011-01-21

Thanks for this script. I just installed it an ran it and was very surprised how many shows weren't scanned in. This should really be part of xbmc natively or at least part of a default script pack.

- Booza - 2011-01-21

Hi - this doesn't seem to work for me using XBMC on Win 7. I get the error "could not detect movie paths! Contact developer!". More of a lurker than a contributor so not sure what i need to provide you with; presumably an error log - do i need to install the addon for that?

Cheers

- fillidill - 2011-01-22

Booza Wrote:Hi - this doesn't seem to work for me using XBMC on Win 7. I get the error "could not detect movie paths! Contact developer!". More of a lurker than a contributor so not sure what i need to provide you with; presumably an error log - do i need to install the addon for that?

Cheers

Unfortunately I get the same message, also on Windows 7.

- timdog82001 - 2011-01-22

Yeah actually I get the same message but only for movies, and on xbmc live, not windows.

- castortray - 2011-01-22

on Windows 7 I get the error:

if this addon still alive ?

- Hiram - 2011-01-22

Lol, three week old addon, yes I'd hope it's still alive. Could you guys try running the plugin again, then posting your log files?

You don't need the addon for it, but that would definitely be the easiest way to go, so I'd start with that.

Edit: Could you guys also provide me with all the paths to your TV shows and movies? That's where the problem lies, so I suppose seeing them is the way to go.

- castortray - 2011-01-23

do you mean xbmc.log from C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC ?

Code:
22:59:31 T:6128 M:1634865152  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
22:59:35 T:4036 M:1634836480   ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect
22:59:35 T:3820 M:1634791424   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.missingmovies/?mode=10
22:59:35 T:3820 M:1634791424   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.missingmovies/?mode=10) failed
22:59:35 T:5808 M:1634643968  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--

- Hiram - 2011-01-23

Yes that's the one. What are the paths to your movies and TV shows?

\\192.168.2.11\Media\Video\1. Movies
\\192.168.2.11\Media\Video\3. TV Series

- timdog82001 - 2011-01-23

I'll have to post the log after the weekend, but if it helps in the meantime at all, the path to my tv shows (which works) is //192.168.1.177/video/TV/ then its the typical stucture from there. The movie path (which doesn't work in the script) is //192.168.1.177/video/Movies/ and then in that folder I have each movie in its own separate folder so it looks something like //192.168.1.177/video/Movies/Armageddon (1999)/Armageddon[1998]DvDrip[Eng]-kirklestat.avi with the cleaned up movie name for the folder title and the scene name for the actual video file.

Perhaps the separate movie folders is part of the problem for me?

path from XBMC

Code:
smb://mybookworld/Media/Video/1. Movies/movietitle/movietitle.avi

example:

smb://mybookworld/Media/Video/1. Movies/Undisputed II (2006)/Undisputed II- Last Man Standing.avi