Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library (/showthread.php?tid=90258)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- k_zeon - 2011-10-16

Hey null pointer, any news on the addon not working correctly on ver 2.2.2

thanks

bump

- k_zeon - 2011-10-17

bump

- null_pointer - 2011-10-17

Sorry for the delay, I am traveling on a work trip for the week and have limited time to look at this over the next few days.

Just a quick question, was the above log about walking the dir with log level 5?

Is the share : smb://Q1/D1/M1/ correct? It does contain folders to crawl?

What is your platform win, Linux etc?

- k_zeon - 2011-10-17

null_pointer Wrote:Sorry for the delay, I am traveling on a work trip for the week and have limited time to look at this over the next few days.

Just a quick question, was the above log about walking the dir with log level 5?

Is the share : smb://Q1/D1/M1/ correct? It does contain folders to crawl?

What is your platform win, Linux etc?

yes the share contains folders

ie
Code:
Movies -
             Action -
                         Movie1
                         Movie2
             Comedy -
                         Movie1
                         Movie2  etc

I am using an Apple TV2 and the Movies folder is on a QNAP NAS
I also have some folders on Windows PC and they too did not work.

- null_pointer - 2011-10-18

My initial thought was that the smb: should only be removed on windows machines so I put in a check to only apply the smb fix to os=nt but it might be that all os's need the smb removed.

I have put up a version 2.2.3 that removes the smb regardless of your OS.

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-missing-movie-search/downloads/list

- farr3ll - 2011-10-18

When I installed 2.2.2 I got an error when starting up the script essentially saying script error, in windows 7. I went into the program folder and noticed the plying folder was missing that is contained within the zip file. I copy this over but still no joy.

Was this a common problem with 2.2.2? Is it fixed with 2.2.3?

Can you please provide a setup guide for this. Thanks...

- k_zeon - 2011-10-18

null_pointer Wrote:My initial thought was that the smb: should only be removed on windows machines so I put in a check to only apply the smb fix to os=nt but it might be that all os's need the smb removed.

I have put up a version 2.2.3 that removes the smb regardless of your OS.

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-missing-movie-search/downloads/list

Hey null pointer. sorry still does not work.
Upon selecting a smb folder to search , a dialog box shows and does nothing, then finishes and says no movies missing.

What is supposed to happen in the dialog, am i supposed to see it scanning thru the directorys/movies or should it display number of movies found missing.?

I know i have a movie missing as i deleted it from the library.

any idea's

edit:
gone thru my log and the shares are being found, the movies are being found but the code you use to see if movie is missing is not working.

- null_pointer - 2011-10-18

Quote:Can you please provide a setup guide for this. Thanks...
1. Save the zip file to your hard drive
2. Start XBMC and go to the
System->Settings->Add-ons->Install from zip file
3. On the right hand side select the Missing Movies Scanner zip file

The plugin should now be installed.

Quote:What is supposed to happen in the dialog, am i supposed to see it scanning thru the directorys/movies or should it display number of movies found missing.?
The dialog will not show progress unfortunately, I still need to look into that, all the actual processing is done before I can add items to the directory list which just show the result of the scan so I am unable to work out how to update the scan progress at the moment.

So to answer your question, nothing should happen, the progress dialog should show, not update and then when the scan finished the progress dialog will disappear and the results of the scan will be shown.

Quote:gone thru my log and the shares are being found, the movies are being found but the code you use to see if movie is missing is not working.
Can you post the log, just PM me the link to pastbin if you want.

- chrisvilla - 2011-10-21

Is this meant to work with eden-pre?

I have downloaded the zip file (2.2.3) and installed via addon menu. When I click on the plugin though nothing happens, i just get a screen with 3 lines to choose from:

show source paths
about

I have several different sources added, all my tv shows on an internal hard drive, and films on external usb drives plugged into the pc.

- null_pointer - 2011-10-24

Quote:I have downloaded the zip file (2.2.3) and installed via addon menu. When I click on the plugin though nothing happens, i just get a screen with 3 lines to choose from:

show source paths
about

Did you scroll down and select the "show source paths" item?

- k_zeon - 2011-10-24

2.2.3 still not working on ATV2 with external NAS

- null_pointer - 2011-10-24

Hi k_zeon, are you able to upload a log file? if you can set it to log level 5 and do a scan and then either PM me that or a link to pastbin with that log data that would be a big help, thanks.

Also just list what movies should be missing in the scan if you can would help a lot.

- chrisvilla - 2011-10-24

null_pointer Wrote:Did you scroll down and select the "show source paths" item?

Yeh. It shows a popup box with "Error. Script failed! plugin.video.missingmoviescanner"

- null_pointer - 2011-10-26

Quote:Yeh. It shows a popup box with "Error. Script failed! plugin.video.missingmoviescanner"

Hmmm, what did the log show?

I am happy to keep looking at this plug-in and work through the errors and problems but I really need the logs for error and problems people encounter.

I am reasonably new to plug-in dev for xbmc and also to python, I am not sure of the standard practice and general consensus of the community when it comes to providing feedback or errors.

I also have no idea if people are using this plug-in at all, if it is working for some and not others and on what platforms.

So going forward do people think it would be a good idea to create a new thread/Post for this plug-in since this is really a branch of the original plug-in anyway and outline the error submission process so people can see what is required when posting errors or feedback?

TL;DR
Should I create a new thread/Post for this plug-in with details on how to supply feedback on errors and problems?

- chrisvilla - 2011-10-30

Heres my log:

http://pastebin.com/sgj8AJ83

Cant understand the roblem myself. Need to know anything else about my setup?