Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library (/showthread.php?tid=90258)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- null_pointer - 2011-10-31

Thanks for the log.

from the log

Quote:Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
files = [ item['file'] for item in movies ]
KeyError: ('file',)

it looks like an RPC version issue, the code is expecting a data key "file" in the returned RPC array but it is not there.

Also it looks like you are not using the latest version, due to some re factoring and changes I made to the last version the error lines numbers do not match up.

Are you able to get the latest version and set the logging level = 5 (In the Missing Movie Scanner Plugin Settings) and then try again, this will produce a lot more output and perhaps give a little insight into the RPC data being returned.

- chrisvilla - 2011-11-01

OK. updated to 2.2.3. I had this installed originally and somehow reverted to 2.0.16.

Anyway, when i click on the plugin i see "show source paths"
When i click on this it says "Error. Script failed! plugin.video.missingmoviescanner

Heres the log http://pastebin.com/QQB15KcS

- Raytestrak - 2011-11-02

I'm going for dumbest question of the day here:

How do I run the script? It's installed, I see it under add-ons, but I have no idea how to trigger it. It doesn't show under programs. Could it be because I'm running the nightlies? Or using Aeon Nox for a skin?

- chrisvilla - 2011-11-02

go into videos->video addonso> missingmovies

- null_pointer - 2011-11-02

Yours
PHP Code:
{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"limits":{"end":10,"start":0,"total":10},"sources":[{
"file":"E:\\My Music\\",
"label":"My Music"
}
,{
"file":"D:\\TV SHOWS\\",
"label":"TV SHOWS"
},
{
"file":"H:\\DVDs 1\\",
"label":"DVDs 1"
},
{
"file":"G:\\DVDs 2\\",
"label":"DVDs 2"
},
{
"file":"H:\\Films\\",
"label":"Films"
},
{
"file":"G:\\Films 2\\",
"label":"Films 2"
},
{
"file":"G:\\Concerts\\",
"label":"Concerts"
},
{
"file":"H:\\Concerts\\",
"label":"Concerts (2)"
},
{
"file":"D:\\NFL\\",
"label":"NFL"
},
{
"file":"G:\\Comedy\\",
"label":"Comedy"
}
]
}

Mine
PHP Code:
{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"end":5,"shares":[{
"fanart" "special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/da295188.tbn",
"file" "smb://MEDIABUCKET/drive03/DVD Library/Movies/",
"label" "DVD Collection"
},
{
"fanart" "special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/647ea450.tbn",
"file" "smb://MEDIABUCKET/drive03/DVD Library/Kids/",
"label" "Kids DVD"
},
{
"fanart" "special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/c24018bf.tbn",
"file" "smb://MEDIABUCKET/drive03/Media Library/Kids Movies/",
"label" "Kids Movies"
},
{
"fanart" "special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/64814a49.tbn",
"file" "smb://MEDIABUCKET/drive03/Media Library/Movies/",
"label" "Movies"
},
{
"fanart" "special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/c5c4f4b7.tbn",
"file" "smb://MEDIABUCKET/drive01/Scheduled/",
"label" "Scheduled"
}
],
"start" 0,
"total" 5
}

Same call (VideoLibrary.GetSources) so why are they different? I am not sure what is going on, your result is different to mine thus the array key is different and thus the key error. I am not sure where to go from here, if XBMC is capable of returning different versions I can understand but he ("jsonrpc":"2.0") shows they are both jsonrpc version 2.0 unless there is some other internal version that is not returned in the RPC call.

What exact version are you using, I am testing on the latest 10.1 on win7 64 bit.

- _moo_ - 2011-11-03

json rpc is under heavy development for xbmc. I lately wrote some app to fully control and stream xbmc to my mobile device. and I got some exceptions after I upgraded to a newer nightly build of xbmc, because the methods, params and return objects changed.

- chrisvilla - 2011-11-04

null_pointer Wrote:Yours
PHP Code:
{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"limits":{"end":10,"start":0,"total":10},"sources":[{
"file":"E:\\My Music\\",
"label":"My Music"
}
,{
"file":"D:\\TV SHOWS\\",
"label":"TV SHOWS"
},
{
"file":"H:\\DVDs 1\\",
"label":"DVDs 1"
},
{
"file":"G:\\DVDs 2\\",
"label":"DVDs 2"
},
{
"file":"H:\\Films\\",
"label":"Films"
},
{
"file":"G:\\Films 2\\",
"label":"Films 2"
},
{
"file":"G:\\Concerts\\",
"label":"Concerts"
},
{
"file":"H:\\Concerts\\",
"label":"Concerts (2)"
},
{
"file":"D:\\NFL\\",
"label":"NFL"
},
{
"file":"G:\\Comedy\\",
"label":"Comedy"
}
]
}

Mine
PHP Code:
{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"end":5,"shares":[{
"fanart" "special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/da295188.tbn",
"file" "smb://MEDIABUCKET/drive03/DVD Library/Movies/",
"label" "DVD Collection"
},
{
"fanart" "special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/647ea450.tbn",
"file" "smb://MEDIABUCKET/drive03/DVD Library/Kids/",
"label" "Kids DVD"
},
{
"fanart" "special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/c24018bf.tbn",
"file" "smb://MEDIABUCKET/drive03/Media Library/Kids Movies/",
"label" "Kids Movies"
},
{
"fanart" "special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/64814a49.tbn",
"file" "smb://MEDIABUCKET/drive03/Media Library/Movies/",
"label" "Movies"
},
{
"fanart" "special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/c5c4f4b7.tbn",
"file" "smb://MEDIABUCKET/drive01/Scheduled/",
"label" "Scheduled"
}
],
"start" 0,
"total" 5
}

Same call (VideoLibrary.GetSources) so why are they different? I am not sure what is going on, your result is different to mine thus the array key is different and thus the key error. I am not sure where to go from here, if XBMC is capable of returning different versions I can understand but he ("jsonrpc":"2.0") shows they are both jsonrpc version 2.0 unless there is some other internal version that is not returned in the RPC call.

What exact version are you using, I am testing on the latest 10.1 on win7 64 bit.

This must be it. I'm also on win 7 64-bit, but using v11.0 nightly from a couple of weeks ago. Reckon I just hang fire for now?

- null_pointer - 2011-11-05

Quote:This must be it. I'm also on win 7 64-bit, but using v11.0 nightly from a couple of weeks ago. Reckon I just hang fire for now?
The good news is this answers the question about the differences in the return data from the RPC call.

The bad news is I am only using 10.1 so that is what I am targeting at the moment, I will not be updating the plug-in until 11.x is released as there may be additional changes that need to be taken into account between now and release.

Sorry and thanks for testing. Every bit of info help to build the bigger picture :-)

- chrisvilla - 2011-11-05

null_pointer Wrote:The good news is this answers the question about the differences in the return data from the RPC call.

The bad news is I am only using 10.1 so that is what I am targeting at the moment, I will not be updating the plug-in until 11.x is released as there may be additional changes that need to be taken into account between now and release.

Sorry and thanks for testing. Every bit of info help to build the bigger picture :-)

No probs. Thanks for looking at it

- Chrilleee - 2011-12-08

How can I make this work with movies and series that are in rar-files?
I have tried to add rar to custom extensions but it doesn't work. I know I have at least one episode that's not in library.

- fschnack - 2011-12-19

Hello! Great plugin, this feature is really important for xbmc. I am having some trouble using it. When I enter the "missing movie" list I can see some movies that aren't indexed, but for some reason if I pick "add item" from the context menu, nothing happens and I see no errors on xbmc's log. Am I using it incorrectly? I am running the latest stable XBMC version (dharma).

Thanks!!

- null_pointer - 2011-12-22

Sorry for the dealy in responce, been away and busy.
Chrilleee Wrote:How can I make this work with movies and series that are in rar-files?
Oh wow, do people even do this still? Well aparently they do.
Unfortunatly you can not.
fschnack Wrote:Hello! Great plugin, this feature is really important for xbmc. I am having some trouble using it. When I enter the "missing movie" list I can see some movies that aren't indexed, but for some reason if I pick "add item" from the context menu, nothing happens and I see no errors on xbmc's log. Am I using it incorrectly? I am running the latest stable XBMC version (dharma).
A missing move is because the lookup failed, the external service could not find your move. The idea is you use Missing Movie Scanner to find the movies that were not added to your library and then rename the files/dirs to a better matching name for that movie, then re-run the "add new" action in the files sources menu.

The context menu available from within the plugun does not do anything.

- fschnack - 2011-12-23

Oh, I see, I'll do that then. But what do you think about adding an option to do a manual search into the movies scrapper, like we can do through the info screen?

tks!

- null_pointer - 2011-12-23

you should be able to use the context menu for the item in the show source list of the Add-on.

1. Go to the Video Add-ons list
  2. Select the "Missing Movie Scanner" Add-on
  3. Select "Show Source Paths"
  4. Select the source path you want to scan for missing movies
  5. If there are movies missing from your library in that source path hit the back button, then bring up the context menu for that source path and select "Update Library"

If the movie did not add then you will probably need to go in and rename the file or the directory the movie is in so the external lookup service can find the movie in its DB.

- fschnack - 2011-12-23

But then I have to rename the file. I mean the manual search you can do from the movie info window, when you select the "update" link. From there, you can type a movie name instead of using the file name.