Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library (/showthread.php?tid=90258)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- null_pointer - 2011-12-23

On my system if the movie is not in the library then you can not use the rescan feature in the movie info page. Even if I manually add the movie using the "manually add to library" option in the file context menu, it will show up in the movie library but the "Refresh" option is not available.

The only way I have found to have the library updated is rename the file/folder and re-scan.

This also means you fix it for any future complete rebuilds of your library from source scanning if for some reason you need to rebuild your system or the library format changes.

- steq184 - 2011-12-26

Hi
Well I've downloaded this, not too sure how to proceed now though, I tried to instal from zip.....seemed to install but cant find it anywhere how to config.....any help would be great

- mrfatboy - 2011-12-27

Does this plugin work for the new Eden Beta? It works great for me on Dharma but now I am getting a script error with Eden?

- chrisvilla - 2011-12-27

Read back and you'll see that I've been down this route with Nullpointer already.

It doesn't work. He won't be looking at Eden until a stable release in case things change. Unlucky.

- mrfatboy - 2011-12-27

Thanks. I must have missed the post when I glossed over the thread. I think this is a very important addon and don't see why it's not built in. I spent hours yesterday tracking down poorly named file when I upgraded to Eden beta.

I hope it gets fixed soon. It's a great addon.

- Sayuuk - 2011-12-29

mrfatboy Wrote:Thanks. I must have missed the post when I glossed over the thread. I think this is a very important addon and don't see why it's not built in. I spent hours yesterday tracking down poorly named file when I upgraded to Eden beta.

I hope it gets fixed soon. It's a great addon.

+1

I've had this problem for a while and thought I finally found a plugin to deal with it =)

I hope the Beta doesn't last too long ;-)

plug error selecting source - forcefullpower - 2012-01-08

I am getting plugin failure.

Code:
01:15:32 T:4132  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
01:15:33 T:3892  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:01
01:16:13 T:3428   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: C:\Users\XBMC\Downloads\plugin.video.mms-3.0.2.zip\icon.png
01:16:26 T:4404  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
01:16:29 T:4416  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
01:16:29 T:4416   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
01:16:29 T:4416   ERROR: Error Contents: ('sources',)
01:16:29 T:4416   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.mms\default.py", line 292, in <module>
                                                ok = show_source_list()
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.mms\default.py", line 270, in show_source_list
                                                source_paths = get_movie_sources()
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.mms\default.py", line 51, in get_movie_sources
                                                shares = shares['result']['sources']
                                            KeyError: ('sources',)
01:16:29 T:3428   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.missingmoviescanner/?mode=20
01:16:29 T:3428   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.missingmoviescanner/?mode=20) failed
01:16:29 T:4420  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--

- mrfatboy - 2012-01-11

Just a friendly reminder that I am dying for this awesome plugin to work with Eden. Smile

- konti - 2012-02-05

You me too! Can anyone pick this up and see if it can be made to work on Eden Beta 2?

- douggoodwin - 2012-02-16

need this to work with Eden

- PatK - 2012-02-16

douggoodwin Wrote:need this to work with Eden
I've got something called 'Missing Movie Scanner' Ver 3.0.2 and it seems to half function.. comes up with a show source path menu, you pick one... seems to scan recursively all the folders/files and comes up with zero missing. But it seems to get a script error when it finds an issue... I haven't use it in a long while, when it fully worked it came up with a list of things not in the library. So it's usefulness is now limited to folders that have issues, error out.

Nice utility when it worked well.

- Sentir101 - 2012-02-26

I hope the OP is okay with me posting this.

I made the add-on compatible with eden, fixed some character encoding issues and added the ability to write the found missing movies/episodes to a file.

Download

Known issues:
- (Specific) paths are sometimes truncated when shown on screen

- PatK - 2012-02-26

Interesting.... Sentir101's version pops up a script error and would seem to choke, but I'm presented with a list of things not in my library.. successive attempts failed to produce an onscreen list, but did produce a file in my document prescribed area. By putting the .txt extension to it, I was then able to open it with notepad.

Eden B3,skin T!, win7/64 Keep up the good work.

- steeve23 - 2012-02-26

It seems to work, once I had figured out that it needed to be run from the Video addons section in the files menu, not from the addons list.

Can select Movies or TV shows, it showed up a list of the files missing and produced a output file where I had asked it to, as PatK mentions it needs a .txt extension, but that can be added on the filename in the settings instead of when it has been generated.

Does the job for me.

Eden Beta3, AeonMQ3, Win7 64bit.

Steve

- douggoodwin - 2012-02-29

Just installed 2.0.17
Not working for me. I clicked "Unadded Movies" it starts Loading, then stops.

Using Eden RC1 - Win7- Tried both Confluence and Aeon Nox skins