Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library (/showthread.php?tid=90258)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- ferent - 2012-03-08

Sentir101 Wrote:It's probably because you are on Linux, I don't have a setup where I can easily debug this so I don't know how fast I'll be able to fix it. Please turn on the debug setting of the add-on (the switch in the add-on settings) and access the Missing Movies and Missing Episodes items. Then upload the log here. What are these ".directory" files/directories for by the way?

This night I will post my debug code here. Thanks :-D

- devkid - 2012-03-08

Sentir101 Wrote:Weird, I hadn't noticed that post... *facepalm*, if you're OK with it I could merge your changes into my code (or you can do it and send a pull request to me or the OP on Github)
Of course you can do that. I only patched what I needed to make it work on my linux box (debugged on Windows). That was SMB essentially and some linux issues. I dont have it on github so feel free to just merge the plain files.
There are still issues left:
-Sources wont get recognized when there are only RAR or ZIP videos in it. You need at least one not-archived movie to have the source get recognized
-Having completely empty source folders on linux did the JSON RPC GetDirectory call throw an exception for me. Not sure but I am considering this a bug of the JSON API. Thats why the NameException is caught now and handled.
-I guess there might still be some utf encoding issues left

btw movies inside of RAR/ZIPs get recognized correctly in that version also. But maybe it was only broken when used over SMB. Not sure anymore... Smile

- Sentir101 - 2012-03-08

devkid Wrote:Of course you can do that. I only patched what I needed to make it work on my linux box (debugged on Windows). That was SMB essentially and some linux issues. I dont have it on github so feel free to just merge the plain files.
There are still issues left:
-Sources wont get recognized when there are only RAR or ZIP videos in it. You need at least one not-archived movie to have the source get recognized
-Having completely empty source folders on linux did the JSON RPC GetDirectory call throw an exception for me. Not sure but I am considering this a bug of the JSON API. Thats why the NameException is caught now and handled.
-I guess there might still be some utf encoding issues left

btw movies inside of RAR/ZIPs get recognized correctly in that version also. But maybe it was only broken when used over SMB. Not sure anymore... Smile

Yeah, I also noticed it detected an unadded RARed file on my sources, which I then deleted and tried to replicate using a zipped file but that didn't work for some reason, in theory their path will now be unescaped so you won't see all those %codes on the screen if this happens. Do you think it's necessary to also recognized sources with only archived video files? I'll edit this post later with version 2.1.0 (I hope I merged everything).

Oh and by the way, why did you use both find(os.sep) and [-1] == os.sep?

EDIT:

Missing Movie Viewer 2.1.0:

Changes:
- Support for every XBMC source type (thanks to devkid)
- Fixed Linux support (thanks to devkid)
- Fixed some mistakes in error messages
- Readded newline after every missing file in the output file

EDIT2:

Download

- devkid - 2012-03-08

Sentir101 Wrote:Do you think it's necessary to also recognized sources with only archived video files?
I personally do not think that it is important. While it is possible to have only archived videos I do not think anyone really has all his videos in an archived format. So lets wait until someone complains Big Grin

Sentir101 Wrote:Oh and by the way, why did you use both find(os.sep) and [-1] == os.sep?
On Windows I get local filesystem sources in the format "D:\movies" and smb-sources in the format "smb://myshare/movies". So there are two different path separators used.
To avoid adding the wrong separator to a string (ending up like "smb://movies\") it first tries to figure out which separator is actually used in the string.
If "f.find('/') != -1" is true then its clear that '/' is the correct path separator which gets added to the end if missing.
In URLs (like smb://bla) is always the separator '/' used, thats why its hardcoded. Source strings from the local file system are OS dependent so "os.sep" is used. I hope to handle it correctly that way, I may be wrong though.

- Sentir101 - 2012-03-08

devkid Wrote:I personally do not think that it is important. While it is possible to have only archived videos I do not think anyone really has all his videos in an archived format. So lets wait until someone complains Big Grin
That's what I thought too Tongue

devkid Wrote:...
Aaah, like that. Yeah that makes sense.

- Sentir101 - 2012-03-09

Release 2.1.1:

Changes:
  • Added support for password protected sources
  • Rearranged settings menu
  • Changed some strings
  • Generate smaller debug logs
  • Added dutch translation

Download

- Sentir101 - 2012-03-10

Oops, my mistake! Forgot to actually update the files...

Release 2.1.1a:

Changes:
  • Actually add the source for the capabilities that should've been in 2.1.1...

Download

- ferent - 2012-03-10

Sentir101 Wrote:Yeah, I also noticed it detected an unadded RARed file on my sources, which I then deleted and tried to replicate using a zipped file but that didn't work for some reason, in theory their path will now be unescaped so you won't see all those %codes on the screen if this happens. Do you think it's necessary to also recognized sources with only archived video files? I'll edit this post later with version 2.1.0 (I hope I merged everything).

Oh and by the way, why did you use both find(os.sep) and [-1] == os.sep?

EDIT:

Missing Movie Viewer 2.1.0:

Changes:
- Support for every XBMC source type (thanks to devkid)
- Fixed Linux support (thanks to devkid)
- Fixed some mistakes in error messages
- Readded newline after every missing file in the output file

EDIT2:

Download

This version works perfect for me! Thanks!!!Nod

- Raytestrak - 2012-03-10

Sentir101 Wrote:Oops, my mistake! Forgot to actually update the files...

Release 2.1.1a:

Changes:
  • Actually add the source for the capabilities that should've been in 2.1.1...

Download

For me, it works for TV shows, but not for movies. It says No movie sources found, contact developer.

Both smb.

- Sentir101 - 2012-03-10

Raytestrak Wrote:For me, it works for TV shows, but not for movies. It says No movie sources found, contact developer.

Both smb.
Could you enable the debug switch in the addon settings and upload a log of you going into the missing movie menu item to here?

Sentir101 Wrote:Could you enable the debug switch in the addon settings and upload a log of you going into the missing movie menu item to here?

Hope's this works, never had to use pastebin before.

http://pastebin.com/RECDYT16

edit: I do see movies listed in the log by the way. Only logged the movie part. TV Shows resulted in a log file too big to upload on pastebin.

- Sentir101 - 2012-03-10

Raytestrak Wrote:Hope's this works, never had to use pastebin before.

http://pastebin.com/RECDYT16

edit: I do see movies listed in the log by the way. Only logged the movie part. TV Shows resulted in a log file too big to upload on pastebin.

Seems like somehow the movie source is smb://something and the paths are smb://SOMETHING which is causing it to think there are no movie source. BTW, if you just turn off the XBMC global debug setting and turn on the debug switch in the settings of the missing movie viewer addon your log will be a lot smaller.

I'll have a fix out in a few minutes probably.

- Sentir101 - 2012-03-10

Took me a little bit longer...

Release 2.1.2:

Changelog:
  • Fixed: Always use uppercase hostname for external sources
  • Changed: Better dutch translation
  • Added: Changelog since 2.0

Download

Sentir101 Wrote:Took me a little bit longer...

Release 2.1.2:

Changelog:

Download

Getting the same error? Blush

RE: - Sentir101 - 2012-03-13

(2012-03-10, 23:04)Raytestrak Wrote:
Sentir101 Wrote:Took me a little bit longer...

Release 2.1.2:

Changelog:

Download

Getting the same error? Blush

Could you upload a new log?