Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project) (/showthread.php?tid=90682)

- johnmerrick - 2011-04-26

me too. lots of scraping (fanart/poster) problems at the moment

- surpher - 2011-04-27

If tuscani has disappeared, who is the dev running the project?

- TwistedTweaker - 2011-04-27

Ember is not pulling my information over to XBMC. If I select a new fanart, or link a trailer for a movie that XBMC could not find; nothing makes it over to XBMC. I tried reloading the source and deleting the textures and myvideo34 files (recommended in another post), but still nothing.

I am wondering if:

• Since my movies are in the original file folder structure (Blu-ray and DVD) and the film name do not match the folder name, is that causing issues?

Does anyone use Ember with their movies in the original file structure? I am trying to figure out why XBMC does not see my info from Ember?:confused2:

Thanks Big Grin

- isamu.dragon - 2011-04-27

TwistedTweaker Wrote:Ember is not pulling my information over to XBMC. If I select a new fanart, or link a trailer for a movie that XBMC could not find; nothing makes it over to XBMC. I tried reloading the source and deleting the textures and myvideo34 files (recommended in another post), but still nothing.

I am wondering if:

• Since my movies are in the original file folder structure (Blu-ray and DVD) and the film name do not match the folder name, is that causing issues?

Does anyone use Ember with their movies in the original file structure? I am trying to figure out why XBMC does not see my info from Ember?:confused2:

Thanks Big Grin
have you RESCANNED the file back into XBMC, cause if you haven't then there's your problem

- bryan1 - 2011-04-27

ok, someone told me to have only posters checked in my settings and to try again in batch mode. Did that and it grabbed 95% of my posters. when I tried to manually pull the ones it missed, it deleted my meta data. So I had to then mark them one by one, and use the batch mode option to rescrape meta data only for just marked items. that worked. Then I just manually pulled posters off the internet for them. Took me about an hour.

I have since locked my entire source so I can't accidentally do a batch scrape again and screw it up. I think I'll create a small, 5 movie source or so, and use that in the future to test the batch operations.

I really love EMM as it's easy to use and has a ton of very useful features, if the thing just worked correctly

- huttdes - 2011-04-27

bryan1 Wrote:I have since locked my entire source so I can't accidentally do a batch scrape again and screw it up.

How did you do that?

- bryan1 - 2011-04-27

umm, I don't know if you can do a batch lock on an entire source but you can manaully lock each movie one at a time which is what I did. As I fixed a movie's poster art and meta data, I would manually lock it and go to the next movie.

I didn't do any major testing but the locked file should be protected from batch updates. Manually scraping a locked file may still be possible however.

TBH, I'm scared to even open EMM now as every experience I've had with it has been a bit different. I had most of my movies already filled with posters but I knew they were different sizes. So I did a batch poster scrape and set it to resize the posters to 299x434 to clean it up. My jaw dropped when I saw all 200 movies with the same damn posterAngry

- hix1976 - 2011-04-28

Hi, I used EMM (orig) for some time. I think I have some addon for clearart (and season thumbs maybe) for TV series. http://www.embermm.com is down. Is there a way to get this addon to EMM-R?
Or am I completely wrong and these clearart.png were generated by other media manager? I tried some of them.

- JustinAiken - 2011-04-28

Some skins can automatically get clearart for all your shows...

- hix1976 - 2011-04-28

I have all media on server and shares are read-only for XBMC machine. I manage media directly on server - rename, .NFO, .TBN etc

- gmk2 - 2011-04-29

surpher Wrote:If tuscani has disappeared, who is the dev running the project?

It having been easter and this being a free tool managed by people in their spare time, it could be that Tuscani has been involved in life Smile

I would suggest a PM rather than expecting devs to read every thread. you could also try pbod who has been a bit more active in keeping the dev's in communication.

- JustinAiken - 2011-04-30

So I'd like to try running this in Crossover instead of a VM... anyone else using it in Crossover?

Ember Help - TwistedTweaker - 2011-04-30

isamu.dragon Wrote:have you RESCANNED the file back into XBMC, cause if you haven't then there's your problem

Yes I have and that didn't help. When I add new movies and load the posters and fanart before I load it into XBMX, it still does not see it. :confused2:

Ember only pulls down the title year and plot, that's it. It seems I may be having some Ember settings issues or XBMC does not link the information because I am using the original Bluray file structure. All of my fanart and posters end up in the stream folder, but the movie is usually labeled a five digit number, like 00000.

Here is where I got my settings for Ember. (The second set, titled revisited)

http://dev.jumlin.com:8080/mediacenter/#structure

Do you think this is an Ember issue or my file structure?

Thanks for the help Smile

- douggoodwin - 2011-05-01

I'm a bit new to Ember and have a few basic questions. I tried searching this post but couldn't find the answers.

1. The new version (v.2415) doesn't seem to support Extrathumbs. Prior to updating, I used v.2397. Once I was done re-scraping, there was a tab for Extra Thumbs where I could transfer the extrathumbs to the movie folder. This tab isn't in v.2415.

2. Also, it seems some of my extrathumbs got replaced with Greyed-out images. Is there a setting to fix this? Maybe it's related to my first question.

3. I noticed that Ember has more Genres listed than XBMC does. How do you transfer new genres to XBMC? For example, I tried to mark superhero movies with the superhero genres in Ember but that information doesn't seem to transfer to XBMC.

- hermy65 - 2011-05-02

Not sure if i should post this here or not but I scrape all of my movies with Ember. Recently my XBMC has been not displaying the poster even though it has been scraped and is in the same folder as the movie file is. It ends up showing like a screencap for the poster until i press "I" and then manually refresh it from the internet. Can anybody tell me what im doing wrong?