[MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.0 - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Cirrus Extended (/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.0 (/showthread.php?tid=90693)
- christoofar - 2011-02-11 07:41
ah, so grabbed it. Thank you!
- butchabay - 2011-02-11 10:28
Updated BUG & TODO List
- supertom44 - 2011-02-11 10:29
Malexx Wrote:hm ok,when i enter recently added over submenue my watched items are marked.
Sorry I'm really not that good at explaning things am i lol.
Yes hide watched stays on next time you enter it, but it also stays on when you enter into the movies library. I was wondering if its possible to have it be view dependent. So have hide watched on for recently added sub menu, then when I want to view my whole collection I can go into movies and see them all without having to change the hide watched settings every time.
Not sure if this is possible through the skin or if its something to do with xbmc itself.
- vs65r - 2011-02-11 11:10
I made some modfications in home.xml and custom_SkinSettings_1111.xml to be able to put the clock and weather at the screen bottom in vertical menu and middle horizontal menu.
Malexx, Butchabay can I send the files to you in pm ? Maybe you could test it and add it in next release ?
I comment the files to see where the modifications are.
- butchabay - 2011-02-11 11:14
vs65r Wrote:Hi All,
Just be sure you haven't overlapping items when using now playing on home.
When tested you can surely send us the files no prob. We'll test it again.
Thanx for you contribution
- vs65r - 2011-02-11 16:12
I have a lot of times today , so i decided to modify the home for vertical view as you can see below.
If you like it, i can send to you the new files.
- branlr - 2011-02-11 18:04
Great Job malexx and butchabay! This skin is looking good.
So, a couple of couples of things:
1. I know this is silly, but the title of this thread has a version number in it that is no longer accurate (says cirrus extended 1.0)... can some moderator change this?
2. As it states in the first post of this thread, the goal of this mod is to preserve the general look and functionality of cirrus while adding these awesome new features, and it is really a success.
However, the appearance of the home screen very much creates a general feel for the entire skin in some strange, subconscious way. Personally, I am not a fan of the black bar at the top for a couple of reasons.
1. I have a plasma tv and that sort of contrast-y, static image is really prone to leave annoying ghosts on plasmas for the first 20 minutes or so of a movie if it was up there for 30 minutes before, which is not ideal, obviously.
2. I feel it creates a more "boxed in" feeling visually that is simply not my personal preference, which obviously amounts to jack!
So, if you are open to this viewpoint, here is what I would suggest.
1. In general, it would look better and be less contrasty to use the texture used for the RSS reader on the top bar as well. I tried it, and I feel it is more uniform with the vibe of the majority of the skin, and it also will reduce slightly the depth of ghosts left by the bar.
2. Since the RSS bar goes away when RSS is disabled, I think it would be REALLY cool if the "clean home screen" setting disabled this bar entirely, and induced vs65r's mod, which is indeed much cleaner looking to me. Since the "clean home" setting already removes the logos and buttons, all that would mean then is moving the date and time.
These are personal opinions that I am happy to implement myself in my own copy, but I really feel that they would improve the versatility of the home screen aesthetic, and much more closely preserve the vibe of the original Cirrus.
But YOU are the guys doing all the hard work, and I really appreciate the philosophy behind this mod. The lack of these features you have added would have prevented me from enjoying this great skin at all!
Keep up the great work!
- butchabay - 2011-02-11 19:12
Thanx for your suggestion, we can see if we have an option to disable the bar when clean home is selected, i think a more less gradient bar would look better in my opinion to have more transparency, so i'll see what i can do and decide with malexx the next step.
- supertom44 - 2011-02-12 00:01
I modded the fanart episode view as I use this for the recently added, just added landscape image at the bottom so I can easily see which shows they are before I select them.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
- Malexx - 2011-02-12 02:22
For the above Fanart view.
I like the Idead for Recently added,the problem is with the normal fanart episode view.
This is supposed t o look like this
i could see if its possible to have a fanart with extra for recently added.
A option to switch is suboptimal,cause i wouldnt like to switch everytime.
Optimuzm is your view for recently added and keep my fanart view for episodes.
We will think how to realize this