Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.0 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.0 (/showthread.php?tid=90693)

- feerlessleadr - 2011-03-11

dagatech Wrote:This has happened to me as well, last night and one other time. The previous time it happened was when a new build of Cirrus Extended was pushed through the repository.

I'm running XBMC 10.0, Windows 7. not at home so can't check Cirrus version, but it's set to auto-update so...

if you update to 10.1 the skin update issue will be solved

- rabbitredoux - 2011-03-12

butchabay Wrote:XBMC Build? Operating System? Latest Cirrus Extended (1.2.3) ?
Build: 10.1
Cirrus: What he said (newest) (good info about having to be out of skin to update. Did not know that).

So which XBMC file provides the setting for current skin? And why the errors?

- butchabay - 2011-03-12

rabbitredoux Wrote:Build: 10.1
Cirrus: What he said (newest) (good info about having to be out of skin to update. Did not know that).

So which XBMC file provides the setting for current skin? And why the errors?

I can't say as i am not using 10.1. All skin settings are in guisettings.xml as i know. You get the same errors in 10.0 ? So you can try:
1: Delete the skin.cirrus.extended
2: Delete guisettings.xml (backup the file first)
3: start xbmc (you should have confluence as default)
4: install cirrus.extended from zip file
5: switch to cirrus.extended

Bear in mind that I'm the newest of newbies, only getting into this XBMC excellence a month ago. I'm seeking the perfect stable build and have reloaded from scratch about 5 times in the last 2 weeks alone. Each time: 1) XBMC (newest) 2) Cirrus-X (newest by default) 3) Ice Films 4) Pandora, Grooveshark, Weather+, respectively, and that's it besides a bunch of movies. Like I said, my install is "clean"; current build is, I think 3 days old so I'm a very experienced guisettings file deleter.

But on each new build those xbmc.log errors repeat, not that they particularly bother me because they don't seem to lead to problems, and Cirrus-X will disappear if the wrong-type XBMC crash occurs. I'm just curious as to why. If you say the guisettings is what I should be looking at, I will.

- butchabay - 2011-03-12

These were my suggestions that you already tried. Keep in mind that this is a modded skin by people that aren't skilled skinners, just keeping learning. Maybe you should try another skin, as i really have no clue why you get these errors. Many scripts or plugins are not working in europe, so we can't keep testing them. As said try another skin, maybe the original cirrus and see how it works.

- Hephaiston - 2011-03-12

Hello,

first of all thanks for you work. This is the skin I prefer !

I'm very interested for games section (to have my games organized like my movies and like the screenshots you sent) but I didn't succed on that...

Can you please give a quick explanation of what we need to do for that ?

thank you in advance,

- Malexx - 2011-03-12

You need to install Advanced Launcher Plugin first,and scrape your Games for Infos and Fanart + Thumb with this plugin.
For extraGoodie make for every Game you have in proper Folder following Folders - extrafanart and extrathumb.
extrafanart=Pictures from Web in 720p or 1080p
extrathumb=720p or smaller pictures from Web
In the Advanced Launcher Thread you will find some good Gamesites from where to get those Pictures for your games.

To be sure take another look in the Readme there its also explained.
If you still have Problems give Butch or me a message.

PS : Dont forgett to set your Game Path in Skin Settings,this is the Path where ALL your Games are installed

Cleaned up continual errors in the XBMC.log by:
1) copying C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\playercorefactory.xml to ~USER~/Application Data\XBMC\userdata\
2) deleting includes Animation_CommonFade, switch_horizontal_fanart, and Animation_CommonFadeNoHide from ~USER~\Application Data\XBMC\addons\skin.cirrus.extended\720p\home.xml

Look, ma, no errors!

But is there any relevancy to playercorefactory.xml and those 3 includes?

- butchabay - 2011-03-12

Don't know about playerfactory.xml but the includes are animations. You have receently added stuff enabled? These are animations for recently added widgets.

Question about skin update change??? - h3nk3 - 2011-03-13

Hello

Is it possible to implate the codec media flags on the pause OSD-Menu. It would be really nice and itś the only thing I really miss in this lovely skin that can't be compared to other alternetives

THANKS

- butchabay - 2011-03-13

h3nk3 Wrote:Hello

Is it possible to implate the codec media flags on the pause OSD-Menu. It would be really nice and itś the only thing I really miss in this lovely skin that can't be compared to other alternetives

THANKS

Sure it's possible ... I'll do it, but don't know if i get it for next update, lot of other stuff to do ...

- Jono00 - 2011-03-13

Hi!
I have a question about extra fanart.
Advanced Launcher can designate where to look for extra fanart for each item. The problem is it doesn't seem to work.
I've tried directing it to "...\blur" (Blur is the game's name), and put the images (named "fanartN.jpg") there - doesn't work.
I tried doing the same, but put another folder called "extrafanart" inside it, and put the images in the extrafanart folder - doesn't work.
I tried directing it to the extrafanart folder - doesn't work.

What should I do? I've enabled extrafanart for TV and Movies. I've already contacted the Advanced Launcher dev and he told me to contact you guys.
Thanks for the help. It's a great skin and I LOVE it (Other than the fact the the default font doesn't have commas in it...)

- Malexx - 2011-03-14

2 things.
With Advanced Launcher Plugin you download fanart.jpp(or at least choose a fanart in AVL) and can place it any where(but game folder is best in my opinion)
This need to be done in AVL,so the Script knows where this fanart is.
This wil be the normal single fanart you see.

Then we have extrafanart and extrathumb which are controlled by our mod.
You need to create those folders for every Game(where the game is installed) you have in and than you NEED TO SET THE GAMEPATH(where ALL your Games are installed)IN SKIN SETTINGS.Example c:/mystuff/GAMES

- rabbitredoux - 2011-03-14

butchabay Wrote:Don't know about playerfactory.xml but the includes are animations. You have receently added stuff enabled? These are animations for recently added widgets.
I do not believe that's correct. Those includes are in Cirrus-X stock home.xml.

playerfactory.xml seems to be some audio mapping feature. I don't know if it's a vital script but coincidentally enough, my system didn't crash once all weekend once I put it where home.xml expected it to be. I hope that it wasn't a coincidence.

- Jono00 - 2011-03-14

Malexx Wrote:Then we have extrafanart and extrathumb which are controlled by our mod.
You need to create those folders for every Game(where the game is installed) you have in and than you NEED TO SET THE GAMEPATH(where ALL your Games are installed)IN SKIN SETTINGS.Example c:/mystuff/GAMES

I see, but what if my games are installed in many different folders? For example, some are steam games, others are standalone and there are some which are installed on an external harddrive.

P.S: In the end, the extra fanart isn't a "make it or brake it" for the skin, I love it nonetheless, but I'd be really happy if I could use it.