Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- moontan77 - 2011-01-24

great work from the both of ye

@Sranshaft, i love the way when you press the info button and press right to see all the upcoming movies/tv shows. Is it possible to have it so that when you move right and you see something you like, that you click ok and start watching that.

One problem though, if you move right a few programs ahead, press the info button so it disappears, press info button again so it appears again, it will show the info for the program you moved to not the program thats on.

Also, do you plan to have the program in the epg that you have selected, highlighted so can clearly see what you have selected. And also have a grid around each program so that you can see when a program starts and finishes.

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-24

@moontan: Glad your enjoying the new skin. You're right about it remembering where you left off in regards to the info window. That's clearly a bug and will be fixed tomorrow.

I'll look into the jumping to an episode straight from the info window. I think it would great if we could get a set reminder feature. Maybe if eough people ask Jason nicely he'll look into it.

Jason's working on something right now that will hopefully allow us a bit more flexibilty with regards to the EPG and will hopefully let us do things like use a different image for the highlighted episode / channel.

More to come tomorrow hopefully. Stay tuned!

- rtwight - 2011-01-24

hey guys, just wanted to provide an update.

I did some additional testing and the issue i was having was around my database not having runtimes or durations for the movies or episode (which is why it was failing).

I went in and started / stopped a season of episodes and it showed runtimes for those shows now (didn't before) and the script works with this season.

Looks like i have to find a way to get the runtimes into the database, but might have to do it manually by starting / stopping. I'm going to try removing a season that doesn't have time and rescrape it and see if it grabs the time from the files. Could also be i had the setting for extra thumbs and video info turned off (which may be why it wasn't getting the runtimes before).

This script looks cool and I'll be happy when i get it working on my system Smile

Thanks again for the support on my issue.

- ryan03rr - 2011-01-25

Sranshaft Wrote:New update. I've got the info window working 100%. Pressing i brings up the window. Pressing left and right cycles through the channel's episodes. I've included a few channel logos to use if you'd like.

Download here.

@Jason: Things I've added to take note of -

- Added new dialog window called InfoWindow.
- Added code in the showChannelLabel function to display updated overlay.
- Changed the positioning of the timebar (will need to come up with a way of doing this without hardcoding the position).
- Added the ability to use a channel logo. Logos should be placed in the images folder of the addon and must be named exactly as the channel name.
- Added new timebar image.
- I've switched changing the channels to Page Up and Page Down as that corresponds better to the buttons on the remote.

WOW holy shit... very nice....
since you seem to understand this script is there any way to stop a rescrub of the playlists so often.
i only index into my library every month... and it seems startup of the script every so often takes very long time!
thanks!

Amazing...but unable to install - tweeterisu - 2011-01-25

So I really want to try this out, but am unable to install the zip file. I am definitely a newb at this. Have reFocus and 2 playlists, but am unable to install this script and get it working. Can someone help out on this. Yes you can laugh at me for not knowing how to install itSmile I deserve it.

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-25

tweeterisu Wrote:So I really want to try this out, but am unable to install the zip file. I am definitely a newb at this. Have reFocus and 2 playlists, but am unable to install this script and get it working. Can someone help out on this. Yes you can laugh at me for not knowing how to install itSmile I deserve it.

If you're using reFocus unzip the file you downloaded, open your addon folder (in Windows that's %appdata%\XBMC\ addons) and rop the two folders found inside the zip (skin.refocus and script.PseudoTV) into that folder.

New version not working for me - bridgman - 2011-01-25

the 0.1.4 version will not start video for me. went back to an earlier release.
I am using windows 7/ Dharma

the message in debug log when video should load is this
PHP Code:
21:12:05 T:5708 M:1797042176   DEBUGscript.PseudoTV-TVOverlayUnable to get semaphore
:12:06 T:5708 M:1797042176   FATALscript.PseudoTV-TVOverlayFATAL ERRORTimeout waiting for video to start
:12:06 T:5708 M:1797042176    INFOLoading skin fileDialogOK.xml 

EDIT: was using Confluence skin at the time

Thanks - Got it installed now smart list not working - tweeterisu - 2011-01-25

Added the smartlist...very simple, 1 show.

<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
<name>Fox_1</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">American Dad</rule>
</smartplaylist>

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

23:56:05 T:3340 M:153141248 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
23:56:05 T:3340 M:152604672 NOTICE: script.PseudoTV-TVOverlay: __init__
23:56:05 T:3340 M:152494080 NOTICE: script.PseudoTV-TVOverlay: onInit
23:56:05 T:3340 M:152489984 NOTICE: script.PseudoTV-TVOverlay: findMaxChannels
23:56:05 T:3340 M:152489984 NOTICE: script.PseudoTV-TVOverlay: findMaxChannels return 0
23:56:05 T:3340 M:152489984 NOTICE: script.PseudoTV-TVOverlay: FATAL ERROR: Unable to find any channels. Create smart
playlists with file names Channel_1, Chanbel_2, etc.
23:56:10 T:3340 M:152195072 NOTICE: script.PseudoTV-TVOverlay: end
23:56:10 T:3340 M:152195072 NOTICE: script.PseudoTV-TVOverlay: __init__ return
23:56:20 T:1784 M:281358336 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Application Data\XBMC\addons\script.PseudoTV

- bridgman - 2011-01-25

tweeterisu
Have you made sure the duration for the episodes are showing in the library.
if not just play one of the episodes for a little should grab duration

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-25

tweeterisu Wrote:Added the smartlist...very simple, 1 show.

<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
<name>Fox_1</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">American Dad</rule>
</smartplaylist>

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

23:56:05 T:3340 M:153141248 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
23:56:05 T:3340 M:152604672 NOTICE: script.PseudoTV-TVOverlay: __init__
23:56:05 T:3340 M:152494080 NOTICE: script.PseudoTV-TVOverlay: onInit
23:56:05 T:3340 M:152489984 NOTICE: script.PseudoTV-TVOverlay: findMaxChannels
23:56:05 T:3340 M:152489984 NOTICE: script.PseudoTV-TVOverlay: findMaxChannels return 0
23:56:05 T:3340 M:152489984 NOTICE: script.PseudoTV-TVOverlay: FATAL ERROR: Unable to find any channels. Create smart
playlists with file names Channel_1, Chanbel_2, etc.
23:56:10 T:3340 M:152195072 NOTICE: script.PseudoTV-TVOverlay: end
23:56:10 T:3340 M:152195072 NOTICE: script.PseudoTV-TVOverlay: __init__ return
23:56:20 T:1784 M:281358336 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Application Data\XBMC\addons\script.PseudoTV

What did you save the playlist as? It has to be Channel_# where # is a sequential list of numbers. So since your American Dad channel is the only one you have, the filename should be Channel_1. The next you make will be Channel_2 and so forth.

- innyinskip - 2011-01-25

Any plans for making thi XBOX compatible?! Smile

- Jason102 - 2011-01-25

@bridgman: That's an odd issue. This piece of code wasn't changed from the previous versions, so I'm not sure what's going on. I know that I've had a similar problem once or twice before because the video was on a remote usb hard drive and the drive was slow to spin up. If you see it again, please tell me and give me a full debug log.

@tweeterisu: It sounds like a filename issue, as Sranshaft pointed out. Go into your playlist directory (.../XBMC/userdata/playlists/video) and rename the file to Channel_1.xsp.

@innyinskip: Unfortunately, no. Since the Xbox isn't officially supported, I don't plan on working with it. I certainly have no problem if someone wants to make a fork of the project for that purpose, though.

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-25

Update my skin for reFocus to include the updates in version 1.4 and fixed the info window bug Moontan pointed out.

@Jason: I love how simple it was to update to the new grouplist controls and really think that's the way to go. It's much smoother and makes everything a hell of a lot easier from a skinning point of view.

Have you given any thought as to moving that same idea to the channel list as well? This would give us skinner the ability to determine how many channels appear at a time and would help with, in my opinion is a visual bug, the repeating of channels if there's less than 5.

I have another idea regarding the EPG that I'm currently getting things mocked up for. I was thinking we could have different viewing types. For example, View by Channel would let the user browse by channel showing a listing for a single channel at a time and then the current View all Channels listing.

I'm also looking into expanding the info retrieved to add things like genre and what not. This, in conjunction with the addition of using images in the channel grouplist, would allow skinners to colorize the listings similar to what is being done with the PVR branch. For example, all sci-fi shows would be blue and all comedies would be green.

- psike - 2011-01-25

0.1.4 not working. i think it's the same problem bridgman had.
tried it with both official and refocus versions, same problem with both of them.
having timeout and Can't get duration problems, but 0.1.3 working great.
here is the log:
http://pastebin.com/ms3e3RLZ

- Jason102 - 2011-01-25

Ah, so it seems that the timeout is happening because the script doesn't get any durations, hence there is nothing for to play. Hmmm...some of the duration stuff may have changed slightly...I'll look into it.

@Sranshaft: Ok, as long as you're happy with the group control thing then I'll make sure it goes into the mainstream version. The only other thing that needs to be done before it can go out is the time bar...it really needs to be put into the skin. The issue is that I create the buttons as the skin is being used, so the time bar would appear behind the buttons...not that helpful. Do you know of any way to make sure the bar appear on top of everything else?

I understand that you don't like the "less than 5 channels repeat" bug, but I'm not sure of a good way to fix that. It would be difficult to actually allow the skin to specify the number of rows based on the number of channels...not to mention I'm a bit worried as to the performance impact of adding all of those buttons if the skin has 10 rows. If you can come up with some reasonable solution I'd be willing to put it in, I just want to make sure it works for all cases.

I want to have genre and all of the other fields available for a skin, as well. Currently, I cache all of that data in the playlist that I create for each channel. That data could easily be moved to a separate file. The issue then becomes storing too much information in memory. I worry about this with the current version, as well. If the user has 200 channels, each with 2000 entries, it's storing ridiculous amounts of information in memory. Access to the database is generally too slow in order to be worthwhile, although I may be able to improve it.

Let me mess with improving the current system, performance wise, and once I get it to a good state I'd love to add that other stuff. Again, if you find a solution in the mean time that works, that'd be great for me too.