Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- RenZ0R - 2011-09-03

Jason102 Wrote:RenZ0R: It appears that the issue you're having is primarily a problem of durations...XBMC doesn't know the duration of your files and with Eden I can't figure them out over SMB. That one setup worked and another didn't was coincidence of a sort...at some point XBMC figured out the duration of one of your files so that the next try worked.

It also appears that you have nfo files for your movies since the durations (the runtime field) is reported as "90 mins" as opposed to the standard 90. I don't use a media manager that creates nfos, so I can't really recommend a fix. Does anyone else have experience with that?

There has been an update to stable-pre. This includes the standard bug fixes, of course. It also has a change to the interleave rule so that you can do effectively random interleaving. It also contains the code for scheduling. So if scheduling interests you, try it out. You may notice that it's called "Best-Effort" scheduling now...don't expect perfection, because I don't think perfection is possible in this case.

As always, report any problems that you find.

EDIT: It's worth mentioning that the recursive directory issue in directory channels has been fixed. I know this was causing headaches for some.

cheers, i cleaned out all the old nfo's from my movie directory and it now works Smile

- RenZ0R - 2011-09-03

http://pastebin.com/zbhm3r6i

new log, updated to latest xbmc nightly, now no tv shows will scrape, and only 3 movies will be added Big Grin

- Jason102 - 2011-09-04

It looks like XBMC doesn't know the durations of your videos still. When using Dharma, PseudoTV can determine the duration, and even under Eden in Windows it can be done. Any other OS using Eden, though, prevents me from figuring out the unknown runtimes. I think you can still use Ember to create the nfo files and fill in the runtime as long as it only puts in the number and not the "mins" part.

- RenZ0R - 2011-09-04

Jason102 Wrote:It looks like XBMC doesn't know the durations of your videos still. When using Dharma, PseudoTV can determine the duration, and even under Eden in Windows it can be done. Any other OS using Eden, though, prevents me from figuring out the unknown runtimes. I think you can still use Ember to create the nfo files and fill in the runtime as long as it only puts in the number and not the "mins" part.

Right, im using osx, and im on a nightly build, i dont use ember for tv, its all handeled by sickbeard

- dannycorker - 2011-09-04

So confused by all the diferent versions of everything floating around at the moment - Im trying to run PseudoTV on a nightly build with the reFocus skin running from git. If I go to the PSTV git page and download it that way, it works but with parts of the UI completely missing. Have I missed a step here? I have skin.refocus and script.pseudoTV both from git in my add ons folder.

- zepfan - 2011-09-04

dannycorker Wrote:So confused by all the diferent versions of everything floating around at the moment - Im trying to run PseudoTV on a nightly build with the reFocus skin running from git. If I go to the PSTV git page and download it that way, it works but with parts of the UI completely missing. Have I missed a step here? I have skin.refocus and script.pseudoTV both from git in my add ons folder.

As far as i know psuedo isn't 100% eden ready yet. Somethings still don't work correctly (not a pseudo fault, things changed/broken in Pre-Eden).

That said, the only thing that doesn't work on mine is the text colors and the items load odd. What are your issues?

- dannycorker - 2011-09-05

zepfan Wrote:As far as i know psuedo isn't 100% eden ready yet. Somethings still don't work correctly (not a pseudo fault, things changed/broken in Pre-Eden).

That said, the only thing that doesn't work on mine is the text colors and the items load odd. What are your issues?

Big one is the missing elements in the skin. It should look like the pictures in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91906

But I seem to miss out on the blue background the the EPG and several text blocks for the info pop up:

- Sranshaft - 2011-09-05

dannycorker Wrote:So confused by all the diferent versions of everything floating around at the moment - Im trying to run PseudoTV on a nightly build with the reFocus skin running from git. If I go to the PSTV git page and download it that way, it works but with parts of the UI completely missing. Have I missed a step here? I have skin.refocus and script.pseudoTV both from git in my add ons folder.

No you're not missing anything other than I haven't uploaded the new version of the reFocus skin for PseudoTV. Jeroen made some changes with regards to reFocus which is causing the missing UI you're experiencing now. I'll try to upload the new version later today.

Random Sequential - phsyraxion - 2011-09-05

I use to have a system setup similar to this where I used multiple copies of Winamp with dedicated playlists of shows ion categories.

This was a manual process where I had a script that would drag files into these playlists so this method is brilliant and takes away another manual step.

So far I have got all channels working, logos and everything seems great.

Just one thing I wanted to ask (and this may be more of a smart playlist question). For a channel (lets say Fox) its great to have a random selection of shows (something like the simpsons doesn't need to be in order) but if you have a show such as a drama that carries from one episode to another it's not good to have 2 episodes that appear back to back that are from different seasions.

So what I was wondering, is there a way to merge playlists so you had shows in order but mixed?

- dannycorker - 2011-09-05

Sranshaft Wrote:No you're not missing anything other than I haven't uploaded the new version of the reFocus skin for PseudoTV. Jeroen made some changes with regards to reFocus which is causing the missing UI you're experiencing now. I'll try to upload the new version later today.

Ah I see, thanks a lot for the response, the UI has been driving me crazy! Look forward to the update Smile

- phsyraxion - 2011-09-05

phsyraxion Wrote:I use to have a system setup similar to this where I used multiple copies of Winamp with dedicated playlists of shows ion categories.

This was a manual process where I had a script that would drag files into these playlists so this method is brilliant and takes away another manual step.

So far I have got all channels working, logos and everything seems great.

Just one thing I wanted to ask (and this may be more of a smart playlist question). For a channel (lets say Fox) its great to have a random selection of shows (something like the simpsons doesn't need to be in order) but if you have a show such as a drama that carries from one episode to another it's not good to have 2 episodes that appear back to back that are from different seasions.

I've had a closer look and when I create a smart playlist and set the order of the playlist to "random / ascending" and then select in the now playing section of The skin to display in ascending order, shows are shuffled in sequence but the same playlist as a channel is completely random. Any way to fix this?

- Sranshaft - 2011-09-06

dannycorker Wrote:Ah I see, thanks a lot for the response, the UI has been driving me crazy! Look forward to the update Smile

Updated and released mate. Download from here and replace the files found in the %appdata%\XMBC\addons\script.pseudotv\skins\refocus folder.

- zepfan - 2011-09-06

Sranshaft Wrote:Updated and released mate. Download from here and replace the files found in the %appdata%\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv\skins\refocus folder.

Sran do you get the same issues for pre-eden that i posted in that youtube video? Or is it just my nightly (I haven't updated since) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgV17-S1FFY

- Sranshaft - 2011-09-06

zepfan Wrote:Sran do you get the same issues for pre-eden that i posted in that youtube video? Or is it just my nightly (I haven't updated since) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgV17-S1FFY

Yeah, I get a slight jittering effect when scrolling. Not as bad as what you've got though.

- boognish43 - 2011-09-07

I'm having issues creating smart playlists with multiple shows in them. What I want is a playlist with about 10 shows that all play randomly
hoping someone can help me out
thanks in advance!