Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Jason102 - 2011-09-07

westcoastbias: You need to get the newest PseudoTV from the stable-pre branch in the repository.

phsyraxion: The next version will help with this. There will be an option to play a TV show in order, then you'll be able to interleave that with another channel. Keep an eye on this forum for updates.

- phsyraxion - 2011-09-07

Awesome. Sounds great.

- Keeper - 2011-09-07

Jason! Fine work man, Damn Fine Work!

I have one small request though...

I love the Channel Logo on the Stations, but I disable them due to 1 thing:
- On Series Rips, they usually ALREADY have a logo (CBS/ABC/Comedy Central,etc)
- On Movie rips, the do NOT have Logos.

So I would basically like my movie channels to use the "Station Logo", but not show them on TV Network Channels.

It would just be nice to configure each channel separately, and not have the "Double Logo Effect" when two logos are displayed on a channel.

- Jason102 - 2011-09-07

Perhaps I should make that as a channel rule...wouldn't be a big deal to do that.

So I'm putting in the ability to play a TV show in order. I've heard requests in the past that this be done using the season and episode numbers instead of the air date. I'm curious as to what is wrong with just using air date? Do shows often air out of order?

- Abe Froman - 2011-09-07

I think air date is more likely to be incorrect in the db for whatever reason, whereas ep# is more reliable.

- GJones - 2011-09-07

Some shows are aired in a different order than the storyline. A fine example is Firefly, which Fox aired in somewhat random order.

- Keeper - 2011-09-08

Jason102 Wrote:Perhaps I should make that as a channel rule...wouldn't be a big deal to do that.

Don't make it a Global rule, just give us the option to override the main setting for that channel. Laugh

(Some Series DON'T have any logo's in the Rip)

- westcoastbias - 2011-09-08

Jason102 Wrote:westcoastbias: You need to get the newest PseudoTV from the stable-pre branch in the repository.

phsyraxion: The next version will help with this. There will be an option to play a TV show in order, then you'll be able to interleave that with another channel. Keep an eye on this forum for updates.

So I initially installed it from the .zip file (currently at 1.2.1) do I need to redo that because I dont see an option within the addons settings menu to update it.

- s0ap321 - 2011-09-08

so how do i get to use the newest stable-pre version, on the repository i only see up to v.1.2.0 on the download section, nothing beyond that. do i need to download all files and replace them directly or something? I would really like to see some of the new advance channel rule section before i spend a bunch of time creating custom playlist for everything to keep content fresh(ish). thanks

- Sranshaft - 2011-09-08

s0ap321 Wrote:so how do i get to use the newest stable-pre version, on the repository i only see up to v.1.2.0 on the download section, nothing beyond that. do i need to download all files and replace them directly or something? I would really like to see some of the new advance channel rule section before i spend a bunch of time creating custom playlist for everything to keep content fresh(ish). thanks

You need to go to the GIT page and select the stable-pre branch from the dropdown menu. Click the download button and unzip the file you download and replace the older version with this new one.

- Jason102 - 2011-09-08

Updates to stable-pre. TV shows no longer have "serial mode", they instead of "Show in order". This sorts the show by the season / episode values, so hopefully it'll work for you. There are also 2 more rules that can be used to still run in the former "serial mode": Force Resume and Pause when not watching. Combine these 2 with a tv show that is being played in order and you get serial mode.

It appears that there are 3 skins that need to have minor updates to the channel config xml to enable the advanced rule button and directory channels: JX 720 (Steveb), Night (Steveb), and refocus (Sranshaft). If you two need any help with this, or won't be able to get to it, just tell me and I'll see if I can do it.

- Keeper - 2011-09-08

Guys. I have a few MTV Series, and I also have Music videos on my hard drive (not in xbmc library, not figured out how to do that yet)

....How do I combine the MTV Shows and music videos into a single channel?

(I can use PseudoTV or TvTime to do this)

- Jason102 - 2011-09-08

Using the new stable-pre:

Create a channel (say channel 50) of the directory type that has your music videos. Add a rule that it should not actually play that channel.

Create some channel (say channel 10) for your scraped MTV series. Do this by either creating a smart playlist with those things, or by using the channel configuration tool. A smart playlist would probably be easier to combine multiple select shows, although if they all scraped to MTV then you could just say "all MTV shows" in the channel config. Create a rule to interleave with channel 50. I'd suggest setting the min and max interleaving values to different numbers...say 1 and 6.

That's it, you should have both things in there, with music videos showing up every 1 to 6 episodes of the series. Alternatively, if you want more music videos than series episodes, you can add the interleaving rule to channel 50 (don't add the "don't watch" rule) with the min and max say 4 and 10. Then add the "don't watch" rule to channel 10.

Or something like that.

- User 55003 - 2011-09-08

Jason102 Wrote:Updates to stable-pre. TV shows no longer have "serial mode", they instead of "Show in order". This sorts the show by the season / episode values, so hopefully it'll work for you. There are also 2 more rules that can be used to still run in the former "serial mode": Force Resume and Pause when not watching. Combine these 2 with a tv show that is being played in order and you get serial mode.

It appears that there are 3 skins that need to have minor updates to the channel config xml to enable the advanced rule button and directory channels: JX 720 (Steveb), Night (Steveb), and refocus (Sranshaft). If you two need any help with this, or won't be able to get to it, just tell me and I'll see if I can do it.

No probs, should get to it early next week + get XeeBo finished.
Not tried the latest pre ver. yet, but sounds great..Big Grin

- Sranshaft - 2011-09-08

Jason102 Wrote:It appears that there are 3 skins that need to have minor updates to the channel config xml to enable the advanced rule button and directory channels: JX 720 (Steveb), Night (Steveb), and refocus (Sranshaft). If you two need any help with this, or won't be able to get to it, just tell me and I'll see if I can do it.

Just started work on updating reFocus for the latest stable-pre version earlier today. Will finish that up and get that to you tomorrow afternoon. Nod