Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- boognish43 - 2011-09-09

I just updated to 2.0 and created a few new channels. Then went to start psuedo tv and all it had was 1 channel repeating itself. Before when it started it would take a few seconds to read through my media but this time it didnt take anytime at all(thinking it didnt scan the files it should)

any tips?

I also have the problem where only a cd drive shows up when I go to add directories.. happened in tv time as well. The folders dont have any crazy characters in them and they were all added in the "files" part of xbmc. Not sure what im doing wrong

- Keeper - 2011-09-09

boognish43 Wrote:I just updated to 2.0 and created a few new channels. Then went to start psuedo tv and all it had was 1 channel repeating itself. Before when it started it would take a few seconds to read through my media but this time it didnt take anytime at all(thinking it didnt scan the files it should)

It adds the channels in the background now, so it's instant loading on startup.

maybe just wait a few secs and you will see a message popup "channel # added."

boognish43 Wrote:I also have the problem where only a cd drive shows up when I go to add directories.. happened in tv time as well. The folders dont have any crazy characters in them and they were all added in the "files" part of xbmc. Not sure what im doing wrong

Are you SURE you added it to the "File manager"?
(Not talking about "Media Sources" here)

I had the very same problem, but after adding it there it worked.

- Keeper - 2011-09-09

Jason102 Wrote:Keeper: In the addon config, if you go to the Visuals section there is an option called "Show info when changing channels"...uncheck that. Is that what you're looking for?

No i'm not talking about the info bar, i'm talking about the "Video Scrubber" that shows how far a video has played.

It just keeps POPPING UP when I change channels and it kinda takes away from the experience. (If you fast forward or rewind though, it should be visible)

Jason102 Wrote:There will be a channel rule that will only add unwatched content. It's actually there, it just doesn't do anything right now. I can't prevent repeating, though, since the nature of the plugin requires it...after some amount of time, all shows have "played" so it starts them over in a different order.

When creating "Smart Playlists" in XBMC you can configure whether it should play or not due to "Play Count" or "last played" rules. we can use this as a workaround (temporarily)

The only question I have is whether PseudoTV updates the "last played" or "Playcount" values?

(and if it does, after how much of viewing the video?)

PS: I support the idea of using a TV Logo if it is found in the media's folder - It's an awesome idea!
then I can add "Invisible" Logo.png's to some folders where the rip already contains a logo, so I don't have 2 x Discovery/BBC/NBC Logo's showing. Big Grin

- boognish43 - 2011-09-10

Keeper Wrote:It adds the channels in the background now, so it's instant loading on startup.

maybe just wait a few secs and you will see a message popup "channel # added."

Are you SURE you added it to the "File manager"?
(Not talking about "Media Sources" here)

I had the very same problem, but after adding it there it worked.

Awesome! I had no idea the file manager even existed Smile
That works and the channels have filled in!

The only thing left I want to accomplish is have 10 specified shows mixed together in 1 channel. What is the best way to do this? smart playlists?

- phsyraxion - 2011-09-10

boognish43 Wrote:Awesome! I had no idea the file manager even existed Smile
That works and the channels have filled in!

The only thing left I want to accomplish is have 10 specified shows mixed together in 1 channel. What is the best way to do this? smart playlists?

I'm only just mucking round with this again but I see that you can create channels, hide them and combine them....

So if you create the 10 channels at the bottom of your list (out the way) each one with a show and then create another channel up the top that interleaves all these channels that should work?

Jason102 Wrote:Updates to stable-pre. TV shows no longer have "serial mode", they instead of "Show in order". This sorts the show by the season / episode values, so hopefully it'll work for you. There are also 2 more rules that can be used to still run in the former "serial mode": Force Resume and Pause when not watching. Combine these 2 with a tv show that is being played in order and you get serial mode.

Is there any way to have shows "in order" when creating a playlist that has just "genre" or something as the option? I only see the option if you select just 1 show as the channel.

If I create a playlist from Genre (lets say Drama) then this will create a playlist from about 100 shows I have (great) but the episodes will be all random which makes it a bit unwatchable.

I have tried TV Time and each genre\network has the option to add in "serial mode" which does exactly what but it suffers quite a number of issues and I don't need all the options they try to squeeze in, just a simple way of creating mixed playlists that are in sequential order and the ability to flip between them. This is 90% there and I will certainly donate a few beers when it is fully there.

- Keeper - 2011-09-10

phsyraxion Wrote:This is 90% there and I will certainly donate a few beers when it is fully there.

Yep, Me Too. Nod
The Fixes and new features are coming in fast and it works great.

Here is an Excel document of all the channels I have set up, if you guys need ideas. Smile

http://hotfile.com/dl/129425776/7063b46/pseudo_TV_Channels.xlsx.html

Keeper Wrote:Yep, Me Too. Nod
The Fixes and new features are coming in fast and it works great.

Here is an Excel document of all the channels I have set up, if you guys need ideas. Smile

http://hotfile.com/dl/129425776/7063b46/pseudo_TV_Channels.xlsx.html

Must be a newer version of excel, I cant read it...

Do you have channels setup like I am trying? I have so many shows that I haven't even watched some, I have just been recommended to watch them by friends and family and i'd love to just switch on a "channel" have it playing an episode that looks interesting and then follow the series on the channel as it plays without it going from S1E3 to S6E8 on the next... It's ok for cartoons and general comedy but any channel playing series needs to be in order

- phsyraxion - 2011-09-11

Using the 2.0 version and Aeon Nox skin, the EPG looses the boxes around the EPG entries (using on Dharma 10.1)

Nevermind... Found that the update didn't have the skin.

- zepfan - 2011-09-11

phsyraxion Wrote:Using the 2.0 version and Aeon Nox skin, the EPG looses the boxes around the EPG entries (using on Dharma 10.1)

Nevermind... Found that the update didn't have the skin.

Yea, mine isn't included anymore Noid took it over. I really do love when skin dev's take it over since mine were just hack jobs to hold over until they did. I still list mine in downloads since some people prefer them.

- scilz - 2011-09-12

Jason102 i have a question do u plan on adding rss feed option or streaming option
and great work tv

- Jason102 - 2011-09-12

phsyraxion: This is possible, but currently a pain to do. Won't be in version 2.0.0, but perhaps in the one after that.

scilz: No current plans to support this. I'm assuming that you've used this in TV Time. What RSS feeds do you use? Essentially, I'm trying to determine if it's worth my time to put it in...

- Keeper - 2011-09-12

I personally don't need streaming - unless it's via TV Card.

What i'm interested in is more rules!

also when it plays a movie/series, it must look for channel logos in this order:
  1. look for logo named EXACTLY like the file (eg: airwolf S1E3-logo.png), else
  2. look for "logo.png" in the FOLDER of the video (Airwolf\Season 1\Logo.png), else
  3. look for "logo.png" in the FOLDER Above of the video (Airwolf\Logo.png), else
  4. use the folder of the tv channel name, as usual.

then I can customize EXACTLY what channels, folders, or videos have what logo.
(sometimes a whole Tv-Shows folder should not have a logo, sometimes a season, or sometimes only a single episode)

The idea is to put "Blank" Channel Logo's where needed, if the Rip ALREADY has a logo.
(currently i'm trying to remove the logo's out of the videos using VirtualDub, which is a painfull process to say the least.)

- phsyraxion - 2011-09-12

Jason102 Wrote:phsyraxion: This is possible, but currently a pain to do. Won't be in version 2.0.0, but perhaps in the one after that.

That would be great, all I need. Used TV time and have no interest in the commercials or RSS feed videos, just the ability to set a genre of show and have things in random sequential order.

- invalid_user - 2011-09-13

I have a Harmony One remote and I'm trying to set it up so that when I press the "Guide" button it will toggle the EPG display. Also, it would be nice to able to launch PseudoTV with a single button (probably a soft key). Has anyone done this? Thanks Jason102 for an awesome plugin!