Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Jason102 - 2011-09-20

Check out my reply to phsyraxion to see when shows are added. Essentially, with background updating new shows will be blended into the channel after 5 days.

Quote:at what point does a video playing in PseudoTV, get tagged with a "Has already been Played" status?

I believe it picks up the flag if the show actually finishes while you're watching it. I don't control this flag, it's set by XBMC.

As for your channel idea, I think a combination of "force resume", "always pause", and "play shows in order" would give you something useful. Outside of coding up a special channel type that does what you're saying, I don't think it's very feasible to do that.

- Keeper - 2011-09-20

ok i've basically set it up as:
- play shows in order
- only play unwatched shows
- time between channel resets: weekly

that basically causes the channel to show only new episodes, in order, and then "re-evaluate" what me and the wife saw on a weekly basis, and then re-gen it every 7 days with all the stuff we haven't previously seen yet. (the weekly basis gives my wife 7 days to catch a show i've already seen, in the epg)

Isn't background updating redundant though, if you have "time between channel resets" set to every day/weekly like me?

- Jason102 - 2011-09-20

Background updating is the new, more efficient, way of updating the playlists. It's all done behind the scenes and won't lengthen startup times. Setting the time between resets is for those that don't like the background updating (which I would hope is a minority). I have one of my computers (an Acer Revo) set to minimal because it isn't quite powerful enough to do complete background updates, but even that is better than using the old way.

I don't care how you do it, though..that's why the option is still there.

- Keeper - 2011-09-20

Steveb Wrote:No need for payment Wink
What skin are you using? Seem to remember Refocus?
If so try this.. DialogSeekBar.xml

Yes using Refocus

It seems to remove the Seekbar when changing channels all right, but it doesn't show it again when I rewind/fast forward ? Sad

Thanks for working on this, Its the only thing i have left to do Laugh

- User 55003 - 2011-09-20

Hmm, thats strange, works for me. I'm using 0.8.9.6 ver of refocus I think.

- Keeper - 2011-09-20

Steveb Wrote:Hmm, thats strange, works for me. I'm using 0.8.9.6 ver of refocus I think.

me too :confused2:

here is my original file:
http://tinypaste.com/b0abf3

- marktuk - 2011-09-20

Which version of refocus works correctly with the current stable-pre?

It seems in all skins the EPG is broken as is the info box. No dividing lines in the EPG, Logos are in the wrong place, text spills out of containers etc.

Keeper Wrote:me too :confused2:

here is my original file:
http://tinypaste.com/b0abf3

Yep, that looks like the one, did you overwrite that file in the main skins 720p folder?
Very strange Eek

- Keeper - 2011-09-20

Steveb Wrote:Yep, that looks like the one, did you overwrite that file in the main skins 720p folder?
Very strange Eek

thats my original File that came installed with ReFocus.

I did try your file, and it hides the seekbar when changing channels - but I need it to show up when you press left or right, to skip 30 seconds

edit: a tab pops up when I rewind and fastforward though...
(maybe thats what you thought i meant)

It basically works 100%, I just need it to show when pressing left and right

I see, yep, I thought it was just FF/RW you were after Big Grin
Updated DL with progbar for FF/RW/Pause but will have another look at the code later today for the small skip F/B..

Just found PsuedoTV - Looking for guide on configuring channels - ijourneaux - 2011-09-21

I just installed PseudoTV and am intrigued with the possibilities. As installed, it created several channels but how do I prevent it from listing shows that are old? I would like the guide to be made up of recent shows (perhaps the last 2 or three weeks).

Is there a guide to configuring rules for the channels? I figured out how to add and edit rules but I couldn't figure out two do what I want to accomplish.

Looks great!

Take Care

- Invincer - 2011-09-21

Anyone have any issues with the add-on just plain not starting or doing anything at all. I click, XBMC loses focus, and nothing starts or launches. This happens when I try psuedo and TVtime... (using Margo pre-Eden PVR build, Transparency skin

- CameronC - 2011-09-21

ijourneaux Wrote:I just installed PseudoTV and am intrigued with the possibilities. As installed, it created several channels but how do I prevent it from listing shows that are old? I would like the guide to be made up of recent shows (perhaps the last 2 or three weeks).

Is there a guide to configuring rules for the channels? I figured out how to add and edit rules but I couldn't figure out two do what I want to accomplish.

Looks great!

Take Care
I think you can only accomplish this with a smart playlist. This is what my playlist looks like that makes a channel that just runs stuff that has aired within the last two weeks:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
    <name>Current TV</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="airdate" operator="inthelast">14 days</rule>
</smartplaylist>

So you can either paste that into a text file (the extension has to be .xsp though, not .txt) and save it to the playlists/video folder xbmc uses or just make it through the xbmc interface. I got some nice responses on twitter/tumblr about my previous post on some of the channels I use, and I *love* fiddling around with pseudotv so I hope to share some more of my channel ideas soon. I would also love to hear more about what others do that they think is out of the norm with it.

Jason: Editing the channel rule in the settings2.xml file makes the scheduling work but only once. If I ever rebuild the channels the scheduling doesnt occur anymore. I have to go and re-edit the file to add todays date in again.

Thanks to those discussing the dialogseekbar stuff, also. I had the info window turned off in pseudotv cause of that but now Ive hidden that and re-enabled the info window when changing channels. Very nice.

- phsyraxion - 2011-09-21

This is now my most favourite plugin and it's saved me heaps of time having to manually create these types of channels using my old Winamp method.

I have been looking at modding the skin files (I am using Aeon Nox at the moment) and I was puzzled when editing the XML in the plugin skin folder and not seeing any changes. I found that the actual skin Aeon Nox has xml files for the plugin BUT some elements for the display of the EPG are still read from the plugins skin folder.

In any event I found most of the things I wanted to edit (mainly the EPG display colours when a show was highlighted) but there are a few things I need to find:

The INFO popup that shows the current show details when pressing the "I" Info button is appearing at the top of screen and pops up over the channel number when changing channels. I would like to change this to make it appear on the bottom of the screen. Probably the only real thing I need to change at the moment.

And just if anyone knows: Is it possible to create a channel that just shows the latest added files (lets say the newest 500 files added to XBMC) wo when new content is added it appears in this channel. I can't find this type of rule even in the custom playlists.

- phsyraxion - 2011-09-21

Have a Beer on Me Wink