Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Jason102 - 2011-09-30

Ok, so my guess is that playlist has something like 25,000 entries...quite a few. I put in some code that limits the count to about 4000, hopefully this will make thing run a bit faster. So please try the newest build...no need for a debug log this time. I'm crossing my fingers.

- Rastan - 2011-09-30

25,000 entries!! WOW...lol
Thanks again Jason, all your hard work is well appreciated! I will update and give the new version a try. Big Grin

- Rastan - 2011-09-30

I can't see the update. The latest one I see is "Additional traces. Don't load previously loaded channels." made 22 hours ago.

- Jason102 - 2011-09-30

Right, because I changed the files but forgot to commit them. Try now.

- phsyraxion - 2011-10-01

Hey Jason

Just wondering if there is any possible way to have the current play position updated to the settings file every 5 minutes instead of just on exit? Reason is that if PTV or XBMC crashes or is forced to close then all channels will just pick up at the same time (unless realtime mode is selected I guess).

Not a big deal and I can work with it (Rather the bugs are squished before more features).

- xkudeki - 2011-10-01

Ok, so I got the anime shows to show up (kinda). Thank you by the way! Now, my problem is that the episodes will not show up in my library mode. All of the episodes show up in file mode, but not in library mode. Dragon Ball Z for instance: In library mode, it shows 109 episodes, but in file mode there are way more. Some of the shows like Hellsing, Highschool of the Dead, Trigun, Zoids and Avatar:The Last Airbender do not show up at all. How can I get them to show up in library mode without having to constantly remove my source and re adding it? Not all of my movies are showing up either.

[edit]
I read on the other forums [windows support forum] that I could set my movie source to read the folder names as file names during scrape and to read your file names carefully and remove special characters. This worked perfectly! I also did a thermo nuke of my db files to re-clean my database. I'm still having a problem getting some of my tv shows to add every episode to the library in library mode. Please, any information is useful!

- Jason102 - 2011-10-01

xkudeki: I don't know how other people handle their media, but I'm a fan of The Renamer to handle my TV shows. It just gives everything a standard naming scheme that seems to play nice with the scraper.

phsyraxion: I'll add it to the list of things for the next version. We're on the same page: my current priority is to kill as many bugs as possible before releasing this version.

Captainzero: I've fixed (and will commit shortly) the problem with the freeze at 10% if no channels are found.

Stop: I realized that I never answered: I have no idea how to put anything on an ATV...sorry.

- Rastan - 2011-10-01

Jason102 Wrote:Ok, so my guess is that playlist has something like 25,000 entries...quite a few. I put in some code that limits the count to about 4000, hopefully this will make thing run a bit faster. So please try the newest build...no need for a debug log this time. I'm crossing my fingers.

Hi Jason,

I have downloaded the latest build. It has eliminated the delay in starting up (Channel 75 doesn't get stuck).

Each channel took under a minute to build until it came to channel 75, where it took 3 hours to get past it. The remaining channels completed no problem. But the bottom line is that it did complete! Big Grin

I Was just wondering if you were going to continue tweaking the interleave rule? I would love it if you could get it to the point where you could add as many individual shows to a channel as you liked without it effecting the build time too much. But then, I don't know the technical aspect of how any of this works. So it may just not be possible without having longer loading times the more channels you add.

In the meantime I will keep building channels as I have been and push the envelope using the rules you have set up and will keep you posted if I find something.

Once again FANTASTIC job!! Nod

- Jason102 - 2011-10-01

I have no idea why it's taking so long to process that channel. I believe the interleaving rule should be pretty fast...I would expect your channel would take a couple minutes at most, not 3 hours. I just don't know. One thing you could try if you're really bored is to remove all of the rules and add them back in 1 by 1 to see if a specific one is killing the time. Not real important...just if you get very bored.

I am happy that it doesn't take 10 minutes to load anymore, though.

- xkudeki - 2011-10-01

Well, I've tried renamer but it always comes back with "missing filename" or something like that. Is there a way to have pseudotv use the file mode data instead of library mode? I would like it to be able to play everything I have in the tv format, not to particular about info on the episodes?

- CameronC - 2011-10-02

xkudeki Wrote:Well, I've tried renamer but it always comes back with "missing filename" or something like that. Is there a way to have pseudotv use the file mode data instead of library mode? I would like it to be able to play everything I have in the tv format, not to particular about info on the episodes?

TheRenamer is good, as jason suggested, if your files are already sorta sanely named. with anime and all the different sub groups and lack of seasons in some cases, etc etc this probably wont be the case. Look up the anime that isnt being picked up on the website of the scraper you use (thetvdb.com for example) and see how it names things. TheRenamer need at least the tv show name and season/episode number. If your anime doesnt list the season number you might have to add S1 or 1x to right before the episode number in the file name. So if HS of the dead is title "Highschool of the Dead 01.mkv" you might need to make it titled "Highschool of the dead 101.mkv" or S1E1 or 1x01, whichever you prefer. METAMORPHOSE2 (http://file-folder-ren.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=Download) is a cross platform manual file renamer. You can select a folder and batch perform renaming functions on everything in the folder. If you just need to add 1x to all the episodes this will let you do it in seconds and then either run them through the renamer or see if thats enough for xbmc to pick them up.

- Rastan - 2011-10-02

Jason102 Wrote:I have no idea why it's taking so long to process that channel. I believe the interleaving rule should be pretty fast...I would expect your channel would take a couple minutes at most, not 3 hours. I just don't know. One thing you could try if you're really bored is to remove all of the rules and add them back in 1 by 1 to see if a specific one is killing the time. Not real important...just if you get very bored.

I am happy that it doesn't take 10 minutes to load anymore, though.

Hi Jason,

I tried to add another interleave rule to channel 75, but it just made it even slower to build. So I tried your suggestion to try and find the culprit. My findings so far are as follows.

This what my channel 75 settings looked like:

1. Rename Channel to Aggro 2
2. Interleave Channel 93
3. Interleave Channel 94
4. Interleave Channel 95
5. Interleave Channel 96
6. Interleave Channel 97
7. Interleave Channel 98
8. Interleave Channel 99
9. Interleave Channel 100
10. Interleave Channel 101
11. Only play unwatched items
12. Force Random Mode
13. Interleave Channel 149
14. Interleave Channel 150
15. Interleave Channel 152

These are the TV programs associated with the channel numbers.

Channel 93 American Greed - 7 Episodes
Channel 94 Drugged - 3 Episodes
Channel 95 I Shouldn't Be Alive - 48 Episodes
Channel 96 The Squad Prison Police - 10 Episodes
Channel 97 Dateline NBC - 34 Episodes
Channel 98 Dateline SBS - 1 Episodes
Channel 99 Drugs, INC - 4 Episodes
Channel 100 Hooked - Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way - 4 Episodes
Channel 101 My Strange Addiction - 20 Episodes
Channel 149 American Underworld - 2 Episodes
Channel 150 I (Almost) Got Away With It - 39 Episodes
Channel 152 UK Border Force - 18 Episodes

I deleted all rules and started again. After hours of messing around trying to find the channel slowing everything down. These are the channels that work without slowing down the building process.

1. Rename Channel to Aggro 2
2. Only play unwatched items
3. Force Random Mode
4. Interleave Channel 93
5. Interleave Channel 94
6. Interleave Channel 95
7. Interleave Channel 96
8. Interleave Channel 99
9. Interleave Channel 149
10. Interleave Channel 150
11. Interleave Channel 152

If I try to add any of the missing rules. The slow down starts. Maybe this means something to you (I hope) I will keep experimenting when time permits.

- Jason102 - 2011-10-02

So if you add any of the 4 channels (97, 98, 100, 101) then things slow down? If you only interleave one of those (with none of the other interleave rules) is it also slow?

- Rastan - 2011-10-02

I will give that a try and post my findings

- Rastan - 2011-10-02

Ok, I deleted all the rules and only put the interleave rules for 97, 98, 100, 101. When it rebuilt if flew past 75. The only thing I can think of now is maybe its the Rename Channel to, Only play unwatched items and Force Random Mode rules are whats causing the problem. I am going to try again with all the interleave rules with nothing else