Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Jason102 - 2011-10-07

It looks like nothing is being returned by the JSON calls for either tv shows or movies. You said you have scraped media? I put up another version that has some additional traces (raw data from the JSON call) so that I can determine if there's a problem with my code or with the returned data. Can you use that and get another log?

- SandmanCL - 2011-10-07

I've installed v1.0.0-162-g5b4fa94. The debug log below is stripped a bit in the beginning of the XBMC session to fit it under 150K bytes

http://pastebin.ca/2087489

Quote:It looks like nothing is being returned by the JSON calls for either tv shows or movies.

Missed this comment the first time around. My database is on a shared mysql server which is not on this system. Maybe that's not something supported out of the box ?

Sure enough, when I change the IP 127.0.0.1 on lin 235 in resources/lib/ChannelList.py

conn = httplib.HTTPConnection('127.0.0.1', self.webPort)

... to the IP of the Linux box running mysql (and also XBMC) and I set the port to 8152 (new default) it appears to be doing a lot more. This time it's able to pull down info from the database but still can't populate channels. But I can now select channels and studios in the channel editor, at least.

The fact that my entire library is loaded in makes the log rather huge. I'll PM you a direct link.

- Jason102 - 2011-10-07

You've sent me a total of 3 logs. The first 2 are from the same computer running the same XBMC version. The third is...I don't know...running the same version of XBMC but out of a different directory. Plus the first part of the log is gone. What's going on here? I see that the first 2 logs are using the user sandmancl's directory. The third is using the user 'xbmc'.

What am I missing here?

- SandmanCL - 2011-10-07

Sorry for the confusion. The "real" user is actually different, I just global replace my username with "sandmancl" before uploading the log to pastebin. Just me being paranoid. I guess I accidentally replaced it with xbmc one time. It's the same version, I promise Smile

The last log that i PM'ed you was the one where I changed line 235 in resources/lib/ChannelList.py from localhost's IP to mysql database host's IP.

In your PM you mentioned adding even more debug lines to the latest version. Here's the debug log of an XBMC session running that version, unmodified.

http://pastebin.ca/2087737

I'm PM'ing you the version where I change ChannelList.py to point to my DB host again since it's too big for pastebin.

- brando56894 - 2011-10-08

Awesome program but it keeps SEGFAULTing on me when browsing channels, even with the latest version.

- SandmanCL - 2011-10-08

<toomanywords>
I decided to give this script a go on my MacBook pro so I installed the latest nightly and the most recent PseudoTV version.

This is a complete from-scratch installation where any rogue setting files or cache files have been removed.

After trying this script on AppleTV2 for a while, where it would take frustratingly long time to change channel, and on Windows, where I can't get it to work, my impression from playing with it on the mac is that this is pretty nifty Smile

This has been mentioned earlier in the thread but figured it is worth bringing up again since I see the same behavior on a completely vanilla installation:

During playback, hitting "i" will bring up both the script on-screen display and the system/skin OSD. Perhaps just removing the skin OSD altogether ? Unless it's possible to temporarily disable the skin OSD while the script is running.... If disabling the system/skin is possible it should be done while the guide is active. The way it is now hitting "i" on the Guide is non-intuitive, in my opinion.

But overall: This is a fun script to play with ! Satisfies my occasional channel surfing need Smile
I've enjoyed watching some older episodes of favorite shows.

When it comes to the problem I am having on my windows box: They definitely seem to be the result of something odd going on with my XBMC installation. I keep getting "method not found" errors when attempting misc jsonrpc calls. I might trying a from-scratch installation in Windows as well to see if it fixes my PseudoTV problem there.
</toomanywords>

Edit: After fiddling some more with it I've found that changing channels can seriously mess with the sound. I'll get a loud spike in the speakers when it seeks a few minutes into a new show, and when this happens sound stops working altogether. And the only (?) way to get sound working again is to restart XBMC. Anyone else seeing this ?

- Jason102 - 2011-10-08

brando56894: Any program that constantly crashes during use is not awesome by definition. Can you provide a debug log?

SandmanCL: I don't have any idea what's going on with your systems. One gives "method not found" even though the function existed even in Dharma. The other gives invalid parameter like it's a different version of XBMC than what's on the first computer, which you've told me isn't true. I really don't know.

Does channel changing itself take a long time on an ATV or is it general use (bringing up the EPG)? Do videos take a long time to buffer outside of PTV?

I've never had problems with sound issue. Since It's all XBMC when it comes to stopping and playing video, I'd suggest making sure your sound card drivers (or more likely general motherboard drivers) are up-to-date.

- SandmanCL - 2011-10-08

Ok, so I installed XBMC from scratch in Windows as well, and PseudoTV now works perfectly ! Sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase on this one, Jason.

I have no idea what had happened to my XBMC install. If it wasn't for PTV I'd probably never know Wink

Now, if the double OSD when hitting "i" went away, things would be looking good Smile

- Jason102 - 2011-10-08

Ah, that makes me feel better...I had no clue what was wrong.

Can any ATV user get me a debug log of the Menu button not working?

Zepfan: Any progress on those skins? Really the important part is the wording change (no more serial mode) and advanced rule button in the config.

- Sranshaft - 2011-10-08

SandmanCL Wrote:Ok, so I installed XBMC from scratch in Windows as well, and PseudoTV now works perfectly ! Sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase on this one, Jason.

I have no idea what had happened to my XBMC install. If it wasn't for PTV I'd probably never know Wink

Now, if the double OSD when hitting "i" went away, things would be looking good Smile

Which skin is giving you an issue with this? If it's the Confluence one, I'll have a look at it. I haven't been experiencing this problem though with the ReFocus one. It may be an issue with the Confluence skin itself and not the PseudoTV skin.

- Daavid - 2011-10-09

Hi - I'm using this and have started to try out IceLibrary. It seems the two can work together with the default channels you've added, but when I go into the configurator to try to configure my own channels it can't see any of the library entries for IceLibrary. Any ideas?

- Abe Froman - 2011-10-09

Sranshaft Wrote:Which skin is giving you an issue with this? If it's the Confluence one, I'll have a look at it. I haven't been experiencing this problem though with the ReFocus one. It may be an issue with the Confluence skin itself and not the PseudoTV skin.

It is with confluence, only on the latest nightly build of XBMC.

Can the channel number be added to the 'i' display?

- Lunatixz - 2011-10-10

anyone having problems with pre-eden 10-09, and the latest stable-pre script?
I'm unable to start script... debug doesn't show any info other then script was launched...

- Jason102 - 2011-10-10

That build works for me. Can you get a debug log of trying to open PseudoTV?

- Captainzero - 2011-10-10

Jason102 Wrote:Can any ATV user get me a debug log of the Menu button not working?

Mate I've really tried to get this for you, but I'm starting to think it can't be done. Maybe someone out there with an ATV and a bit more knowledge than me can help you. Best I can come up with is an XBMC log showing that it started PTV and thats about it. I doubt that's of any use to you.

Does PTV create any of it's own logs that I can look for on my ATV? If not, I'm stumped sorry.