Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- User 55003 - 2011-10-15

Jason102 Wrote:Ok, the info window issue was preventing release, but I may have fixed that. If anyone wants to try it out and make sure, that'd be great. Presuming that this works properly, I'll release.

The Latest Nightly Confluence(info bug)seems to be fixed, but there's not much you can do for some skins,.. it's just some of the visible conditions they use.

Great job on this upcoming release! Start-up and background updating is smooth, channel config & rules, also a nice touch & seem's to handle what I throw at it.

Cheers Big Grin

ps. Updated skins to suit info fix..Except for night, not sure if it's gona make it..Maybe mcborzu will surprise..Smile

Problem with large library - maliqua - 2011-10-15

I've recently started having trouble with pseudotv,

at first all was well but when i updated my library to include 390 shows roughly 25000 episodes it tends to either crash or it adds whatever the first channel is and then stops

I tried to find a way to limit the amount of things it added to see if that helps. so i created a few smart playlists(4) set the limit on them to 50 and assigned them to channels. When i do this sometimes it works and creates 4 channels others it does the same thing

any advice would be appreciated thanks

- bobbobbob - 2011-10-16

The new update has really forefronted my skip-ahead problem.

Essentially, when a show finishes, PseudoTV seems to skip a few hours ahead at random. Now that I am seeing 'Coming Up Next' boxes which are completely erroneous it's becoming hard to ignore.

Any suggestions? I'd be willing to pass along logs or whatever might be needed to help fix this.

- Jason102 - 2011-10-16

Maliqua: With that many episodes, it's possible that the JSON calls are just taking an extremely long time. I had previously limited the number of episodes that I will process at once...maybe I limit the number of items returned by my database queries...I'll think about it.

Bobbobbob: I've seen similar behavior before on my system. I suggest cleaning your video library and then forcing a channel reset in PTV.

- bobbobbob - 2011-10-16

Jason102 Wrote:Bobbobbob: I've seen similar behavior before on my system. I suggest cleaning your video library and then forcing a channel reset in PTV.

Worked for a little while but soon back to normal. I am fairly sure it's something about skipping ahead and back, or forwarding/rewinding, all of which I do very frequently.

- Jason102 - 2011-10-16

Hmmm...if you see some pattern or have steps to reproduce, I will check it out. In the mean-time, I'll look and see if fast forwarding or rewinding could affect the show times.

Also, if you could start a debug log, start PTV, and just use the system until you see the problem (and then immediately stop it), I may be able to gather something from that.

- bobbobbob - 2011-10-16

Jason102 Wrote:Hmmm...if you see some pattern or have steps to reproduce, I will check it out. In the mean-time, I'll look and see if fast forwarding or rewinding could affect the show times.

Also, if you could start a debug log, start PTV, and just use the system until you see the problem (and then immediately stop it), I may be able to gather something from that.

I'll get around to it as soon as I can, which may take a day or two. Do you mean just the general XBMC debug log, or is there a specific pseudoTV one?

Also, now that the advanced channel config is live, is there a help file we could check out? I'm having some trouble getting the Channel Scheduling working, and I could use a bit of a clarification of the channel interleaving, which seems quite useful.

Edit: I would hugely appreciate a feature that would play each show with the same frequency regardless of number of episodes - as far as I can tell this seems only possible with some fairly convoluted interleaving.

Feature request - maliqua - 2011-10-17

In my recent tinkering with all of this and issues i've had i was thinking it would be awesome if PSuedoTV stored its channels and channel lineups in the database after they are rebuilt, that way for people like me who it takes 3-4 hours to build for it only needs to be done on one of my clients and the others can pull it from mysql and i can have the channels being rebuilt by a machine not in use while they're being watched perhaps even...

super awesome plugin tho i f-ing love it

- SandmanCL - 2011-10-17

I haven't tinkered with this possibility since my HDHomeRun died a few months back, but is it possible to blend live TV in as channels with PseudoTV ?

With the HDHomeRun, channels are available via hdhomerun:// streams, and if streams can be played in PTV today, an awesome extension of this would be to create PseudoTV channels based on an online channel lineup. We'd have the "best of both worlds" setup with pre-recorded commercial free shows but still we'd access to live shows live the local news, 60 minutes and Jeopardy that we may not have pre-recorded.

- Jason102 - 2011-10-17

Quote:I would hugely appreciate a feature that would play each show with the same frequency regardless of number of episodes - as far as I can tell this seems only possible with some fairly convoluted interleaving.

I've heard this quite a few times. I haven't figured out a good way to do it, but it's still on my list of things to do. Hopefully it won't be long...

Quote:...PSuedoTV stored its channels and channel lineups in the database after they are rebuilt, that way for people like me who it takes 3-4 hours to build for it only needs to be done on one of my clients and the others can pull it from mysql and i can have the channels being rebuilt by a machine not in use while they're being watched perhaps even...

I can't store data in the database. The format (tables / fields / queries) are all fixed for a release. Presuming all machines are on the same network (and you use Dharma and / or Windows) then you can use channel sharing. This will store the channel information in some specified directory. Just point all of the machines at that directory and it will have a single set of channels for all of them. If you use full background threading, then it should keep all channels up-to-date so you shouldn't have to rebuild.

- mwkurt - 2011-10-17

Jason102 Wrote:I can't store data in the database. The format (tables / fields / queries) are all fixed for a release. Presuming all machines are on the same network (and you use Dharma and / or Windows) then you can use channel sharing. This will store the channel information in some specified directory. Just point all of the machines at that directory and it will have a single set of channels for all of them. If you use full background threading, then it should keep all channels up-to-date so you shouldn't have to rebuild.

Jason...Question about this...

The directory that all machines point at on a network needs to be on a machine that runs XBMC and PseudoTV continuosly in order to have the background channel updating work? Is it possible that this could be explained a bit further?

Thanks,
Mark

- Jason102 - 2011-10-17

The directory just needs to be accessible by all machines, it doesn't necessarily need to be on a machine running PTV.

When PseudoTV starts, it decides if any other machines are currently using that same directory. Based on that, a machine is designated the master. The master is allowed to update channels in the background. You don't need to run the system continuously, per se, because it will be updated every time an instance is run. PseudoTV tries to keep at least 5 days worth of channel info, so if you don't start it up for more than 5 days than it may need to completely rebuild some channels.

Hopefully that helps.

- Daavid - 2011-10-17

Hi - I've noticed in this new release of PTV that IceLibrary content can show up in the channel configurator and gets included in channel creation. Not sure if this was intentional or a happy accident. However when I try to change the channel if using IceLibrary content, PTV appears to crash. Anyone else seeing this?

- icky - 2011-10-17

Daavid Wrote:Hi - I've noticed in this new release of PTV that IceLibrary content can show up in the channel configurator and gets included in channel creation. Not sure if this was intentional or a happy accident. However when I try to change the channel if using IceLibrary content, PTV appears to crash. Anyone else seeing this?

hi daavid,

the question has already been asked and is being looked into by the developers of the plugins. im sure they will update if icelibrary is able to work properly with PTV

regards

icky

- Daavid - 2011-10-17

Oh really?! I didn't know it was being looked at - Thanks Icky!