Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- trifle2 - 2011-01-28

GJones Wrote:If you start out with all of the shows unwatched (or even most), you can sort by episode number. This tends to distribute TV episodes more evenly. Another option is the following setup:

One smart playlist for show A limited to 10 episodes, sorted by last played date
One smart playlist for show B limited to 10 episodes, sorted by last played date

One smart playlist for the channel that includes playlist is the first or playlist is the second, sorted by random.

Can you give me an example of how this would be coded?

- norax - 2011-01-28

GJones Wrote:If you start out with all of the shows unwatched (or even most), you can sort by episode number. This tends to distribute TV episodes more evenly. Another option is the following setup:

One smart playlist for show A limited to 10 episodes, sorted by last played date
One smart playlist for show B limited to 10 episodes, sorted by last played date

One smart playlist for the channel that includes playlist is the first or playlist is the second, sorted by random.

I've been trying to do this exact thing as per Jason's suggestion. I create playlist A and B each limited to 10 episodes, then create a playlist to combine playlist A and B. If I look at playlist A and B on their own I see 10 episodes in each, however if I look at the combined playlist its always blank - no shows. Is this the 'playlists inside playlists' XBMC bug I've seen people mention? Or am I doing something wrong?

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-28

norax Wrote:I've been trying to do this exact thing as per Jason's suggestion. I create playlist A and B each limited to 10 episodes, then create a playlist to combine playlist A and B. If I look at playlist A and B on their own I see 10 episodes in each, however if I look at the combined playlist its always blank - no shows. Is this the 'playlists inside playlists' XBMC bug I've seen people mention? Or am I doing something wrong?

I believe it is that bug. The same exact thing happens to me when trying to combine two playlists into a mixed one. This may need to be passed up on to the higher ups for them to weigh in on.

- GJones - 2011-01-28

norax Wrote:I've been trying to do this exact thing as per Jason's suggestion. I create playlist A and B each limited to 10 episodes, then create a playlist to combine playlist A and B. If I look at playlist A and B on their own I see 10 episodes in each, however if I look at the combined playlist its always blank - no shows. Is this the 'playlists inside playlists' XBMC bug I've seen people mention? Or am I doing something wrong?

If you use browse to pick the playlist, it returns a full filename in the higher-level playlist. I found it works as expected if you omit the file extension. For example:

I have PlaylistA saved as PlaylistA.xsp. In the Channel_1.xsp file, it refers to PlaylistA, not PlaylistA.xsp. I have this working on several channels.

- norax - 2011-01-28

GJones Wrote:If you use browse to pick the playlist, it returns a full filename in the higher-level playlist. I found it works as expected if you omit the file extension. For example:

I have PlaylistA saved as PlaylistA.xsp. In the Channel_1.xsp file, it refers to PlaylistA, not PlaylistA.xsp. I have this working on several channels.

That worked!! Thanks a ton!

Are there any workarounds to get movies and tv episodes into one playlist?

- Jason102 - 2011-01-28

So I still can't get movies and tv shows to work inside of the same playlist, but one thing worth noting about including one playlist inside of another:

GJones pointed out that you shouldn't use the extension (.xsp). It goes a bit farther than that, though. You actually have to use the name of the playlist, not the file name. For example, I have a Channel_1.xsp that is named "Comedy Place". If I wanted to include that inside of another episode playlist, I wouldn't use "Channel_1", I would use "Comedy Place".

This still doesn't seem to help with mixed playlists, though...

- mwkurt - 2011-01-28

Jason,

I don't know if you were referring to making a mixed playlist as referenced by XBMC when creating a playlist or just combining an episodes playlist with a movie playlist, but if it was the former, back on post #179 of this thread, Steppedup indicated that the mixed playlist feature is designed for music and music videos.

Mark

- Jason102 - 2011-01-28

Quite right, I really meant mixing movies and episodes inside of a single playlist.

- norax - 2011-01-28

I'm no programmer, but would it be possible to handle this at the PseudoTV level? Like have multiple playlists for the channels. For example

Movie Playlist named: Channel_1a
Episode Playlist named: Channel_1b
Episode Playlist named: Channel_1c

Then have PseudoTV, when generating channel 1, grab one program from each playlist in order without regard for whether its a movie or tv show. This would also help those of us having issues with one tv show flooding the channel by allowing us to sort of program a real schedule.

I don't know... just throwing out ideas Smile

- Jason102 - 2011-01-29

Heh, this very idea is on the todo list.

- TheOddLinguist - 2011-01-29

@Jason102: I've actually started some groundwork for an idea in line with that...I'll let you know when I've got something.

- GJones - 2011-01-29

That would help you interleave short material (vintage commercials or short cartoons) in with longer material (episodes).

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-30

Hey there Jason. I have a quick request I hope you'll have a chance to add in. I'd love to be able to tell PseduoTV to ignore movie sets.

At the moment, it adds all movie sets in a playlist at the beginning so, for example, when i reset the channel it'll have all of the star trek movies one after another.

Oh, and there's oe other thing I've noticed. The 4th channel number label doesn't return a number. It seems to return some string beginning with T.

Request - bettyswollocks - 2011-01-30

Hi Guys, first absolutely love this plugin should be with xbmc as standard in my opinion, any way for me the most annoying aspect is when changing channel the osd appears saying paused etc, is there any way to disable the osd in this plugin only?

Keep up the good work. Cheers...

- Jason102 - 2011-01-30

@Sranshaft: Actually, I don't think I will be able to remove movie sets. The new way of gathering info about a smart playlist makes movie sets transparent...I can't tell what is or is not a part of a set. Having said that, I'm thinking about forcing some sort of randomness on a smart playlist (presuming the order is set to random) to make sure that even movie sets are actually random. Would that help?

@bettyswollocks: You know, I hadn't thought about changing that before, but it would certainly help the experience if it didn't show up. I'll see what I can do.