Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Amelandbor - 2011-11-03

zepfan Wrote:Yea, I've always had the exact problem with the remote, I've got WMC remote using Lirc. It's a configuration bug with the remote/xbmc, because if I open any xbmc remote app on my Ipad, the menu button works fine.

For reFocus, are you running a nightly?

Hmm ok.

No I use the reFocus Dharma version.

- neriyahir - 2011-11-03

Something weird just hapenned and now i can't access to the Channel Configuration, when i go to Settings and then Channel Configuratios, it starts a timeline, but when is in 90% just stop and thats all, XBMC freezes and i need to restart the rogram. Besides, a strange channel was added in mi EPG, with videos of all kind i have in my computer, but when a try to access, just say "to many errors, consult the log file", so I forced to reset channels, and now that misterious channel dissapear, but still can't access to Config-Channel. Maybe if i re-install the PseudoTV, but if i do it, it's most likely all my channels will go away, right? And, i mean, took a lot of time and i dont know if i can do all the process again :S If there is a way to fix the problem, i'll be thankful with anyone can help me.

- mwkurt - 2011-11-03

neriyahir Wrote:Something weird just hapenned and now i can't access to the Channel Configuration, when i go to Settings and then Channel Configuratios, it starts a timeline, but when is in 90% just stop and thats all, XBMC freezes and i need to restart the rogram. Besides, a strange channel was added in mi EPG, with videos of all kind i have in my computer, but when a try to access, just say "to many errors, consult the log file", so I forced to reset channels, and now that misterious channel dissapear, but still can't access to Config-Channel. Maybe if i re-install the PseudoTV, but if i do it, it's most likely all my channels will go away, right? And, i mean, took a lot of time and i dont know if i can do all the process again :S If there is a way to fix the problem, i'll be thankful with anyone can help me.

I think all you need to do is to save your configuation xml file. Then copy over the new one with your old one after reinstalling.

Mark

- Jason102 - 2011-11-03

As I've mentioned before, I'm considering putting in a key configuration tool. I don't have any real solution for you right now regarding that. I'll be on a business trip for a week so I may get a chance to work a bit on it there.

If you get weird errors, please turn on debug logging, reproduce the error, and post or send me the log. Given only a description of what happened I can't figure out the problem.

In order to backup your channel configuration, save your XBMC data / userdata/addon_data/settings2.xml file. If you need additional help with this, just tell us what OS you're using.

Regarding the problem with the latest nightly, I'll try it out and see if I get any issue.

- Amelandbor - 2011-11-03

Here is a debug when I press ok in Pseudotv.

http://pastebin.com/vs2NDCEb

And another one when I open Pseudotv

http://pastebin.com/iJgnc3mH

And is there not some sort of way I can change the keymap for the specific window PseudoTV is in??

- neriyahir - 2011-11-03

Jason102 Wrote:As I've mentioned before, I'm considering putting in a key configuration tool. I don't have any real solution for you right now regarding that. I'll be on a business trip for a week so I may get a chance to work a bit on it there.

If you get weird errors, please turn on debug logging, reproduce the error, and post or send me the log. Given only a description of what happened I can't figure out the problem.

In order to backup your channel configuration, save your XBMC data / userdata/addon_data/settings2.xml file. If you need additional help with this, just tell us what OS you're using.

Regarding the problem with the latest nightly, I'll try it out and see if I get any issue.

Well, y knew why it happened. Checking the settings2.xml file, I saw that the channel 9 (that was with the problem) had a "setting value=7", that means it was configurated for playing a directory with videos without scrape. I turned that value to "0" (playlist), and voila! Now i can get the Configuration Channel.
But now, i have a doubt: In fact, i was looking a channel for videos in a Folder, but this folder is not in the library, cause only has advertments, 'cause i wanna see a little more realistic the Pseudotv, so i was creating a channel from that directory, but when i try to select that folder, the XBMC explorer only show units H and D (D is de DVDrom, and H is a virtual dvd unit), i can't see the local drive C:. Any idea why?
So, I supose when i was looking the folder with advertments, keep the channel configurated for directory, and i didn't selected a specific directory, so all my videos was registered for that channel and that was the reason o couldn't modified it. It's a guessing of course.

PD: sorry my bad english, i'm a mexican student and i can't speak english very well. Big Grin

- Sranshaft - 2011-11-04

Amelandbor Wrote:Hmm ok.

No I use the reFocus Dharma version.

That's the reason you're seeing the visual glitch. The dharma version is not supported anymore as Jereon has moved on to the pre-Eden (nightly) releases of XBMC. As such, the PseudoTV skin for is built using this pre-Eden version of reFocus.

- Amelandbor - 2011-11-04

Sranshaft Wrote:That's the reason you're seeing the visual glitch. The dharma version is not supported anymore as Jereon has moved on to the pre-Eden (nightly) releases of XBMC. As such, the PseudoTV skin for is built using this pre-Eden version of reFocus.

Ok thanks for the info

- Amelandbor - 2011-11-04

One quick question. Can I just edit the settings2.xml to create channels instead of using the configurator?? This would be way faster. If so, what does Channel_1_time for example mean?

- Keeper - 2011-11-04

neriyahir Wrote:But now, i have a doubt: In fact, i was looking a channel for videos in a Folder, but this folder is not in the library, cause only has advertments, 'cause i wanna see a little more realistic the Pseudotv, so i was creating a channel from that directory, but when i try to select that folder, the XBMC explorer only show units H and D (D is de DVDrom, and H is a virtual dvd unit), i can't see the local drive C:. Any idea why?

Share your c d and e drives in xbmc's "file manager"

I have no idea why this needs to be done first

- Jason102 - 2011-11-04

Quote:Share your c d and e drives in xbmc's "file manager". I have no idea why this needs to be done first

This is exactly what needs to be done, and I also don't really know why. I don't have control over that part, though.

Quote:Can I just edit the settings2.xml to create channels instead of using the configurator?

It's certainly possible, but it wouldn't be easy...it's meant to be read by the script, so it's not very forgiving on errors. The Channel_x_time value says exactly where in the playlist (in seconds) that it left off on the last exit.

Quote:And is there not some sort of way I can change the keymap for the specific window PseudoTV is in??

It really depends. The action definitions are in globals.py. The use of the actions are in the onAction function in EPGWindow.py and Overlay.py. Again, something that's not really meant to be touched. As I've said, I may have a better solution soon.

- oo_void - 2011-11-04

Sranshaft Wrote:That's the reason you're seeing the visual glitch. The dharma version is not supported anymore as Jereon has moved on to the pre-Eden (nightly) releases of XBMC. As such, the PseudoTV skin for is built using this pre-Eden version of reFocus.

I'm also seeing similar issues under ReFocus. I'm using nightlies and git versions of both the skin and pluin, so dependancies issues may be the root cause.

- neriyahir - 2011-11-04

Keeper Wrote:Share your c d and e drives in xbmc's "file manager"

I have no idea why this needs to be done first

Thank you! Hey! ur the same Keeper from the channel configuration!? LOL

- Sranshaft - 2011-11-05

oo_void Wrote:I'm also seeing similar issues under ReFocus. I'm using nightlies and git versions of both the skin and pluin, so dependancies issues may be the root cause.

If you're using the nightlies and still having trouble try downloading this http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3687220/skin.refocus%20for%20PseudoTV%202.0.0.zip and replace the version that is included with PseudoTV.

- KidKiwi - 2011-11-06

Last time I tried this plugin, it wouldn't load. Now it seems to be working great. I have two simple questions though...

1 - Using the skip chapter button jumps to the next show. How do you skip chapters? (Perhaps this is something that will be sorted with the keymap thingee mentioned above??)

2 - Is it possible to stop the script from adding bookmarks for all the shows that aren't finished?? (I use a SPL to return "In Progress" items (movies/episodes not finished - that is...this script populates my SPL with untold items if I'm channel surfing and only watching segments of each channel Shocked)

PS. I have to laugh about this. Quite a few years ago I posted asking for something like this script. Not a single person was interested (I don't have the skills to do it Oo ) Then this and TVTime were released in short time of each other. How times change. Big Grin

Thx for the effort on this. It's great.