Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Deano316 - 2011-11-19

marjanovich Wrote:Xperience 1080p doesn't show the options either for channel rules so I switch over to confluence for making rules... FYI

I have the same problem in pre-eden MQ3.

- RockDawg - 2011-11-19

Most of the time when I change channels it starts the new video at the beginning and not offset like it should be. There have been a couple rare times where it acted correctly, but 90% of the time it starts at the beginning. It does this no matter whether I'm changing channels via the EPG or not.

I am running Pseudo TV 2.0 on XBMC 10/15/2011 nightly.

- RockDawg - 2011-11-19

Anther question... I have Share channels enabled and I have it ponted to a directory on my NAS, but nothing is created there. I have forced a channel reset a couple thinking that would do it, but still nothing is created. How do I get that to work?

- Sranshaft - 2011-11-20

Deano316 Wrote:I have the same problem in pre-eden MQ3.

Whomever is maintaining the skin for Aeon MQ3 will need to update it.

RockDawg Wrote:Most of the time when I change channels it starts the new video at the beginning and not offset like it should be. There have been a couple rare times where it acted correctly, but 90% of the time it starts at the beginning. It does this no matter whether I'm changing channels via the EPG or not.

I am running Pseudo TV 2.0 on XBMC 10/15/2011 nightly.

Very strange. I was almost sure Jason fixed this issue.

- mechagrover - 2011-11-20

Are there any issues with the studio argument when making channels? I can't seem to set up a British sitcom channel other than listing shows individually. Studio/Channel playlists don't seem to be working for me (using 2.0 on the 19th nightly)

- Daavid - 2011-11-20

mechagrover - Can't say I've tried it, but I'd say you'd have more flexibility setting this up as a smart playlist and adding it as a channel that way. I've had great success with all sorts of channels doing this.

- Rastan - 2011-11-20

Hi, I am using the latest PTV and nightly. I have a strange problem which I cannot resolve similar to this poster...

clayfree Wrote:Once I installed it on my win7 it would launch and play video. I was able to bring up the guide but when I scrolled to the top or bottom it would freeze every time.

...Also when I press "X" after the freeze to exit PTV the TV guide stays on the top forcing me to force quit XBMC. I have tried different skins such as T!, Neon, Aeon Nox and finally with confluence. The issue still remains. I have rebuilt the PTV many times with no effect. The strange thing is that the main PC upstairs has the same channels and has no problems. I normally copy the ....AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv from the PC upstairs to the PC downstairs. Go into PTV settings and change the paths for folder dependant channels. This may or may not have any relevence but I thought it worth mentioning. I hope you can help.

The Debug log is HERE

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention I downgraded to an earlier build Nightly to see if that was the problem. Can update back to latest and repost log if necessary.

- mechagrover - 2011-11-20

Daavid Wrote:mechagrover - Can't say I've tried it, but I'd say you'd have more flexibility setting this up as a smart playlist and adding it as a channel that way. I've had great success with all sorts of channels doing this.

That's what I was doing. I made 4 playlists for BBC1 comedies, BBC2 comedies, Ch4 comedies and Sky1 comedies then a main smart playlist that called the previous ones. Then I would go to the PseudoTV channel configuration and have the channel call the main playlist with the only other rule being the name of the channel. No go. So after messing with it for hours I realized even the smart playlist that only had two rules (BBC1 studio and comedy genre) wasn't working, so I tried making a smart playlist with only one thing (BBC1) and even it wouldn't work.

When I use the channel configuration to make a TV studio specific channel it reads the studio tags in the NFOs just fine, and I also double checked them with Ember Media Manager, so I know that's not the problem.

It appears the problem is that the studio tag works on the channel files but not in a smart playlist that the channel accesses...at least for me.

- RockDawg - 2011-11-21

No matter what I do, it always starts at the beginning when changing channels. And whenever I enable shared channels, I only get the default channels that where there when I first installed PTV. If I disable it then the channel list shows my custom channels. Enable it and they are gone and I only get the default ones.

Is there any way to fix these two issues?

- Jason102 - 2011-11-21

Sounds like there are several issues that are popping up with the latest pre-Eden builds...I'm looking into it right now.

Rastan: Did going back to an older Eden build fix the issue? I have a mechanism in place that detects if there is some internal XBMC issue when playing a file and will exit if it stops for 3 seconds. This shouldn't normally be hit, but it's possible that the latest Eden version broke this mechanism.

marjanovich: Are you trying to play a directory-type channel in order? That rule to play in order won't work for that type. In any other case there is a problem, though...I'll look at the code and see if anything jumps out at me. What OS and XBMC version are you using?

RockDawg: About the channel sharing, what OS are you running XBMC on?

mechagrover: When making the mixed playlist, make sure that you have the .xsp added to the end of the playlist names.

- mechagrover - 2011-11-21

Jason102 Wrote:mechagrover: When making the mixed playlist, make sure that you have the .xsp added to the end of the playlist names.

I was. I saw a previous post where someone had made that mistake. After whittling the problem down to the root I found that a smart playlist based on a TV channel just doesn't work, so the problem seems to be with the XBMC smartlist itself, before I even enter PseudoTV. If I open PseudoTV's channel configuration and make a channel based on a studio it works fine. I just can't use that to narrow down the genre as well.

I'll just continue to manually add each show for now.

- Jason102 - 2011-11-21

Rastan: Can you download the latest stable-pre of PseudoTV? I added a line that will hopefully at least log the issue you're having. So what I would like is for you to get it and reproduce the problem, and post the debug log. Hopefully this will show me the root cause so I can fix it directly.

RockDawg: Can you post a debug log of this channel sharing issue? A debug log with sharing on should (maybe) tell me what's going on...

- mwkurt - 2011-11-21

mechagrover Wrote:I was. I saw a previous post where someone had made that mistake. After whittling the problem down to the root I found that a smart playlist based on a TV channel just doesn't work, so the problem seems to be with the XBMC smartlist itself, before I even enter PseudoTV. If I open PseudoTV's channel configuration and make a channel based on a studio it works fine. I just can't use that to narrow down the genre as well.

I'll just continue to manually add each show for now.

Hello,

I have a solution for you, if you feel up to it and don't mind the unsightlyness.

Since there is not the option to make a playlist in XBMC on a network basis, you can do as I have done.

What I have done is to add the network (abc, cbs, nbc..etc) to the genre of each of my tv shows. This way you can make a genre playlist, of whatever network and have them play in order. You can use an addon like XWMM that allows you to enter new genres and such.

Mark

- RockDawg - 2011-11-21

I am running it on 4 different computers. 2 are Win7 and the other 2 are Openelec XBMC installs so they are Linux. I'll post a debug log when I get home from work tonight.

- Jason102 - 2011-11-21

I expect channel sharing to work on the Windows 7 machines, but not on the OpenElec machines...the Eden builds break SMB access for scripts when using something other than Windows...