Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Daavid - 2011-11-24

ldh830114 - Guess you could set this up in a XBMC playlist and then create the channel based on that.

- strider3700 - 2011-11-24

I created a genre christmas and then marked all appropriate movies with it. After that it was easy

- buzzer - 2011-11-25

Hi,
is a PTV Channel like this possible?

TVShow1 episode 1
TVShow2 episode 1
TVShow4 episode 1
TVShow1 episode 2
TVShow3 episode 1
TVShow3 episode 2
TVShow2 episode 2

Random TVShow order but only unwatched and in order episodes

Because I can´t get it to work.

Thanks in advance Big Grin
buzzer

- mwkurt - 2011-11-25

buzzer Wrote:Hi,
is a PTV Channel like this possible?

TVShow1 episode 1
TVShow2 episode 1
TVShow4 episode 1
TVShow1 episode 2
TVShow3 episode 1
TVShow3 episode 2
TVShow2 episode 2

Random TVShow order but only unwatched and in order episodes

Because I can´t get it to work.

Thanks in advance Big Grin
buzzer

yes it is possible. Do a search.

Mark

- buzzer - 2011-11-25

yeah thats the problem!
This thread is 200 pages long and I can't find the needed infos with the search.

buzzer

- Daavid - 2011-11-25

Buzzer, try this, its works for me.
Create an XBMC smart playlist with the shows you want to include and set it to random.
Then create a channel in PsuedoTV based on that Smart playlist and add the Play Shows in Order rule. Works a treat!

- RockDawg - 2011-11-25

Another problem I'm having is that even though I have "Default channel times at startup" set to Real-time, it acts like it's on random. If I start PTV on a given channel an episode will play, but if I exit it after a few minutes and immediatelu restart, it will play a totally different episode. In fact the whole EPG will show a different lineup. Both my Windows and OpenELEC machines act the same way and I even updated my Windows box to a recent 11/21 nightly build and it still acts the same.

- cortez44 - 2011-11-26

How to switch audio tracks in pseudoTV?

error with atv2 - noxy - 2011-11-27

"unable to populate channels please verify that you have scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured channels"
is what i get when i load pseudo tv.. any ideas?

- Pete7 - 2011-11-27

Just wanted to thank you for the simple range compressor. Freaking amazing. My wife and I have been complaining for months now about the movies we watch going from "can't here what they're saying" to "that's definitely going to wake up the baby".

- Sranshaft - 2011-11-27

noxy Wrote:"unable to populate channels please verify that you have scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured channels"
is what i get when i load pseudo tv.. any ideas?

Have you done what it says and properly configured some channels? You'll want to read through some other the older posts. This has been covered many times. After that, if you're still having issues, upload a debug log and let us know.

- NaDs - 2011-11-27

has there been anymore progress with getting icelibrary to work with this pluginHuh

thanks

- xAhlen - 2011-11-27

My Pseudo TV error

I cant do much in the settings tab. Help Sad

- zepfan - 2011-11-27

xAhlen Wrote:My Pseudo TV error

I cant do much in the settings tab. Help Sad

It doesn't look like you actually selected a tv show for channel 1. You also have a gap in numbering, I don't know if that'll effect it or not, but I would try putting things in order until you get it running. Also I noticed you hit cancel in place of ok. Cancel (should) ignore any changes you made. If none of those work, can you post a debug log?
cortez44 Wrote:How to switch audio tracks in pseudoTV?

The "m" key should work, it doesn't work on my remote, but if you have a keyboard or a smartphone app, you can do it that way.

Also Jason, I had some ideas last night. I know we've mentioned a way to remap the keys, any update on that? Also, is there a way to have a two stage info screen? The first stage would be like it is now but smaller, but only showing the show, episode title, and run time (8:00 to 9:00, etc) but when you press the info key a second time you get a larger popup window (like the current one) and more info, such as air date, plot, etc. I don't know if this is something you or anyone else wants, but I was watching cable(Gasp!) last night and saw that cable boxes do this and thought it was pretty cool.

- Jason102 - 2011-11-28

So many posts! I wish I could say I was busy and just didn't see them, but really I've just been playing a lot of Skyrim...

Deano316: 1. I've thought about this a bit and just haven't done it. I would need to change the format of the playlist to do this, so it's not a small change. There are other things in the queue before this one, but it will eventually come.

2. I believe this is a skin setting...I'll mess with it to see if it's an easy change.

3. I believe this is also a skin setting...I don't think adding an option for moving around the logo would be easy. Maybe one of the skin guys can help if you want to move it on your system.

Turkules: 1. This can only work if the videos are on shared system. In my house, all videos are shared on a single computer. Every XBMC setup points to the same SMB share. So even if the videos are on a system that has XBMC, point to those files through the SMB share.

2. I want to do this, but haven't figured out an easy way. It bothers me every time this box pops up, so this is another one of those "will eventually be in" features.

3. Not possible now, and possible ever.

RockDawg: you have the weirdest problems. I...don't know. Know that if you skip around in a channel (going forward or back, pause, ff, rw) then those shifts are ignored when resuming.

Pete7: Glad you like it! I've been looking for something that did this for a while, but figured it was really hard to do since I couldn't find anything. Turned out it wasn't bad.

NaDs: nope, I have yet to even install the plugin on my test system. Again, everyone can blame this on Skyrim...

Zepfan: I'm not opposed to that sort of thing in the future, but I have a few other plans that are taking precedent at the moment. I'll add it to the list of things to do in the future.