Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- mwkurt - 2011-11-29

TheOddLinguist Wrote:Anyone have any ideas on how to make a channel from a static playlist? I'm trying to make some Christmas channels; I've tried a few different techniques (directory, smart playlist searching for the word "Christmas"), but I'm not happy with the results. Seems like XBMC doesn't take kindly to the lowly static playlist, and I can't figure out a way to make a PTV channel from one. Any thoughts out there?

Hello,

I made a playlist, (is that a static playlist?), that picks up shows in my library that has the word "Christmas" in the plot of the episodes.
I also have added the "Christmas" genre to my movies.
I created a channel of my Christmas movies, set the "Don't play this channel" rule and created a channel based on my Christmas show playlist, I then mixed the two. Seems to work quite good for me.

Mark

- Abe Froman - 2011-11-29

TheOddLinguist Wrote:Anyone have any ideas on how to make a channel from a static playlist? I'm trying to make some Christmas channels; I've tried a few different techniques (directory, smart playlist searching for the word "Christmas"), but I'm not happy with the results. Seems like XBMC doesn't take kindly to the lowly static playlist, and I can't figure out a way to make a PTV channel from one. Any thoughts out there?

I just put all my Christmas stuff in a folder and used directory based channels. I renamed some files to make them show nicer in the guide. Works great for me, what were you not happy with?

- TheOddLinguist - 2011-11-29

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I'll probably end up going the directory route; I'm just being picky, I suppose. hehe

I'd use a genre playlist, but I don't want to change all my movies. ...plus, I'd like to include Christmas specials and such in my TV shows. I tried the playlist searching for "Christmas", but got a lot of things I didn't want, including episodes that have nothing to do with Christmas (just mention it for one reason or another in the plot). I tried the directory thing just before making my original post, but I'd have to copy all the files I want to a directory (and there are a lot of big files to copy). ...and I also wouldn't get the metadata info.

As I said, I'll probably go that route since it gives me the most control. ...just figured all the info I need is in XBMC and thought there might be a way. Thanks to all for the suggestions. ...and special thanks to Jason and the skin devs, etc for PseudoTV. I've said it before, but I'll say it again: this addon completely revolutionizes how I watch my media. (...and I'm sure many others agree. hehe)

- dugan26 - 2011-11-29

I went to go try the Ice Library as i was very excited to see your note on the progress - only to find my PseudoTV started to crash -

Tried uninstalling- re-installing- the addin and XBMC as well - no luck - tried it in Confluence too still no luck - it starts to load channels but never brings up the guide - then i get the error about more than one item failed to play ... Jason can you check this log - many thanks in advance

http://pastebin.com/DsY78fGh

Running Pre-Eden - Win7 -

Wait- dont bother - I think i found the problem ...

I had a brain fart - my drives were not mapped

- dugan26 - 2011-11-30

butchabay Wrote:I'll try to explain my problem here, as i really don't what's causing following bug:

Skins:
cirrus extended v2 SVN
Rapier SVN
Fusion Migma

If i start ptv from the addon section everything's ok, but when i start the script by favourites, exiting ptv let loose focus on home menu and can't navigate anymore. Have to close xbmc (ctrl alt delete)

I've tried the same with following skins and everything's working as excepted:

Aeon Nox SVN
reFocus
Simplicity SVN

Running latest nightly on win 7.

Anyone an idea what could be the problem?

Thanx in advance.

I think I might be having a similar problem ...

Running Pre-Eden - Win7 - MQ3

When I go into PseudoTV surf around - watch a show or two then exit to the home menu - i am not "clicked"in - it seems as if the mouse control is behind XBMC or something -

I dont have to ctl alt del to get out or re start xbmc - all i have to do is click with my mouse back in the main menu and im back.

It is a bit annoying because i am mainly running xbmc in my living room with a remote control ... so i constantly have to vnc in to click.

Any ideas?

- RockDawg - 2011-11-30

dugan26 Wrote:I think I might be having a similar problem ...

Running Pre-Eden - Win7 - MQ3

When I go into PseudoTV surf around - watch a show or two then exit to the home menu - i am not "clicked"in - it seems as if the mouse control is behind XBMC or something -

I dont have to ctl alt del to get out or re start xbmc - all i have to do is click with my mouse back in the main menu and im back.

It is a bit annoying because i am mainly running xbmc in my living room with a remote control ... so i constantly have to vnc in to click.

Any ideas?

Not sure how much this will help you since the fix is specific for the Cirrus Extended skin, but the instructions in this post fixed the problem for me:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=946884&postcount=2214

Maybe you could post that in the aeon forum and someon could tell you how to apply that fix to Aeon. Good luck.

- NaDs - 2011-11-30

badwornthing Wrote:Hope you can fix this problem, having Icelibrary and PTV working together would truly make an unbeatable TV experience!

pretty much free pay tv with no ads and all the shows "U" want to watch

would really be great Smile

- dugan26 - 2011-11-30

RockDawg Wrote:Not sure how much this will help you since the fix is specific for the Cirrus Extended skin, but the instructions in this post fixed the problem for me:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=946884&postcount=2214

Maybe you could post that in the aeon forum and someon could tell you how to apply that fix to Aeon. Good luck.

Hey many thanks! I posted it in Aeon to see what i get -

Question? I want to try this code - which home.xml did you edit? the one in Program Files\XBMC there are a few in the Roaming app data etc ....

thanks in advance

- butchabay - 2011-11-30

dugan26 Wrote:Hey many thanks! I posted it in Aeon to see what i get -

Question? I want to try this code - which home.xml did you edit? the one in Program Files\XBMC there are a few in the Roaming app data etc ....

thanks in advance

That depends on how the skin is coded, but worth to take a look in skin.aeonmq3/720p/home.xml

- dugan26 - 2011-12-01

butchabay Wrote:That depends on how the skin is coded, but worth to take a look in skin.aeonmq3/720p/home.xml

The MQ3 screen has the value 4056 instead of the 8999 like in the cirrus extended skin ... I tried changing that to 9000 but (obviously) no dice.

I did go and download the Cirrus skin and had the same issue - tried your applied fix and it did work. Nice skin as well.

I would like to use Pseudo in MQ3 - hopefully someone can figure out what value the 4056 needs to change to ... or even if that is the issue.

(also had changed the no to yes like in your post) ...

Thanks for the info.

- RockDawg - 2011-12-02

dugan26 Wrote:The MQ3 screen has the value 4056 instead of the 8999 like in the cirrus extended skin ... I tried changing that to 9000 but (obviously) no dice.

I did go and download the Cirrus skin and had the same issue - tried your applied fix and it did work. Nice skin as well.

I would like to use Pseudo in MQ3 - hopefully someone can figure out what value the 4056 needs to change to ... or even if that is the issue.

(also had changed the no to yes like in your post) ...

Thanks for the info.

Try changing it to 300. I just tried that in MQ3 and it worked for me. I'm not a skinning expert and I'm not real familiar with MQ3 so I don't know what other side effects that my have. I know that 4056 is the Startup Assistant which I think is the wizard-like setup you get when you run MQ3 for the first time. So beware that changing it to 300 may have some unintended side effects.

- mwkurt - 2011-12-02

I wonder if anyone else has seen this problem with smartplaylists that they create using the "last played" rule? It seems that when using this rule, say..."not played in the last 150 days", rather than the channel rule of "only played unwatched", it doesn't seem to work in PseudoTV. I created all of my playlists using the "last watched" rule and even though it works correctly within the XBMC playlist generator I keep getting recently watched episodes when they are incorporated within PTV. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this and perhaps come up with a way to get this to work? By the way, this is within a Mixed smartplaylist when I have multiple shows each with this rule and these playlists are used in the channel playlist.
The reason that I would rather use this rule instead of "unwatched" channel rule is that then I wouldn't have to go in and reset a series to "unwatched" when all episodes were watched. It would eventually reset itself so that they would be incorporated into the channel automatically.
Jason....I know that there are quite a few channel rules now and you may be hesitant to add any more, but it would be very helpful if you could add the "played with the last" rule to the channel rules. Maybe it would work if were a channel rule rather than a rule on the playlist.
Thanks,
Mark

- dugan26 - 2011-12-02

RockDawg Wrote:Try changing it to 300. I just tried that in MQ3 and it worked for me. I'm not a skinning expert and I'm not real familiar with MQ3 so I don't know what other side effects that my have. I know that 4056 is the Startup Assistant which I think is the wizard-like setup you get when you run MQ3 for the first time. So beware that changing it to 300 may have some unintended side effects.

RockDawg - your my NEW BEST FAVORITE person right now!!!!

It worked!!!! Yaaaahoooooooo!!!!

Hey i know you said your not a skinner but can you explain (what you know) or can someone explain what that 300 or 9000 is used for here ...

Should this be a recommended "fix" to any new MQ3 updates?

- djinn5150 - 2011-12-02

Sorry if this has been asked, I tried searching but to no avail. Is there a way to have PseudoTv start on a channel other then the last viewed? I am working on a service addon to trigger PseudoTV to start after x amount of idle time, however I don't really want it to start on the last played channel, especially if the last played channel is one set to pause when not watching. Hopefully that makes sense. Got to say I love this plugin, one of the best and most used on my HTPC. I also use the shared channels folder for generated playlists on my xbox's.

- Sranshaft - 2011-12-02

djinn5150 Wrote:Is there a way to have PseudoTv start on a channel other then the last viewed?

Not at the moment.