Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- djinn5150 - 2011-12-03

Sranshaft Wrote:Not at the moment.

Hmm, well thats ok, its def not a deal breaker for me, maybe I can do a workaround and just have my script "change the channel" after it starts PseudoTV. I don't suppose you know if there is a way to simulate button presses from within a script? I have' been searching the wiki but have not found anything yet, of course this is all very new to me.

- RockDawg - 2011-12-04

I'd like to put in another vote for season and episode number for TV episodes. I would also like to be able to have the description scroll. Is there something about PTV that keeps us from being able to do this currently? I tried changing that label to a text box so that I could set it to scroll, but then it just doesn't appear at all.

I would like to add a request for a special texture for the currently playing program in the EPG. As it is now if you browse around a bit it's easy to loose track of which program and channel is currently playing. Especially if the same TV show is playing at the same time on multiple channels.

Again, thanks for PTV! It's an awesome feature and I've been looking for something like it since I first started down the HTPC path.

- Sranshaft - 2011-12-04

djinn5150 Wrote:Hmm, well thats ok, its def not a deal breaker for me, maybe I can do a workaround and just have my script "change the channel" after it starts PseudoTV. I don't suppose you know if there is a way to simulate button presses from within a script? I have' been searching the wiki but have not found anything yet, of course this is all very new to me.

Not off-hand but it shouldn't be too difficult to add this to the options.

RockDawg Wrote:I'd like to put in another vote for season and episode number for TV episodes. I would also like to be able to have the description scroll. Is there something about PTV that keeps us from being able to do this currently? I tried changing that label to a text box so that I could set it to scroll, but then it just doesn't appear at all.

I would like to add a request for a special texture for the currently playing program in the EPG. As it is now if you browse around a bit it's easy to loose track of which program and channel is currently playing. Especially if the same TV show is playing at the same time on multiple channels.

Again, thanks for PTV! It's an awesome feature and I've been looking for something like it since I first started down the HTPC path.

The reason changing the label to a textbox didn't work is because PseudoTV handles all of the drawing of the skin and is looking specifically for that label.

Jason's said he's going to add in more information available to skinners. Just need to give him some time to get the rest of the core finished. If I have some time, I may look into it myself as I have a few other details I'd like to include in the EPG - HD label, online vs. local for IceLibrary episodes, etc.

The specific graphic for the now playing episode on the EPG shouldn't be too hard to include. If I get some time, that'll be the first thing I'll look at adding if Jason doesn't get to it sooner.

- Daavid - 2011-12-05

Sranshaft, you mention your work on the EPG coming to differentiate between local content and Icelibrary content - do you know if any progress has been made in the Icelibrary direction, or is this just you preparing / hoping for it?

- Jason102 - 2011-12-05

To give a brief update: I've figured out why IceLibrary breaks inside of PTV. Apparently the script to play strm "files" has the player stop the currently playing video, which PTV takes a queue from that the user pressed "stop".

Fixing it is going to be a pain in the ass, but I can probably put something in there. I haven't had much time to mess with this recently, but I figured an update would at least assure everyone that I'm still looking into it.

- slashr - 2011-12-05

Cool , quick question , do i have to go to programs and start pseudotv from there every time i restart xbmc ? also is there some way to sort the stuff by episode or ? mine seems to have gotten messed up

Thanks Smile

Also any chance to add commercials ?

- NaDs - 2011-12-05

Jason102 Wrote:To give a brief update: I've figured out why IceLibrary breaks inside of PTV. Apparently the script to play strm "files" has the player stop the currently playing video, which PTV takes a queue from that the user pressed "stop".

Fixing it is going to be a pain in the ass, but I can probably put something in there. I haven't had much time to mess with this recently, but I figured an update would at least assure everyone that I'm still looking into it.

great news!! thanks for the feedback on what ya up to with this

- binaryjay - 2011-12-05

Is there any particular reason why exiting PseudoTV in pre-eden (using Aeon MQ3, linux) always causes the main xbmc menu to seem to get stuck without any focus and the only fix seems to be to exit xbmc and start it again?

It's been happening for quite a long time now and doesn't seem to be getting addressed by nightlies.

- butchabay - 2011-12-06

binaryjay Wrote:Is there any particular reason why exiting PseudoTV in pre-eden (using Aeon MQ3, linux) always causes the main xbmc menu to seem to get stuck without any focus and the only fix seems to be to exit xbmc and start it again?

It's been happening for quite a long time now and doesn't seem to be getting addressed by nightlies.

That's why another ID get focus on home after exiting ptv.
I had the same problem with cirrus extended v2. You need to contact marcosq, i'm sure he can fix it.

- djinn5150 - 2011-12-06

Quote:Cool , quick question , do i have to go to programs and start pseudotv from there every time i restart xbmc ?

As far as I know, Yes. However I just wrote a service addon to fire up PTV after x amount of idle time, if you are interested I can post it up. Currently it can start Pseudo tv after as little as 1 minute idle.

- Lunatixz - 2011-12-06

djinn5150 Wrote:As far as I know, Yes. However I just wrote a service addon to fire up PTV after x amount of idle time, if you are interested I can post it up. Currently it can start Pseudo tv after as little as 1 minute idle.

Hi I would be interested in your service to start ptv, please share Smile

- slashr - 2011-12-06

djinn5150 Wrote:As far as I know, Yes. However I just wrote a service addon to fire up PTV after x amount of idle time, if you are interested I can post it up. Currently it can start Pseudo tv after as little as 1 minute idle.

yes i would love that , thanks Smile

- RockDawg - 2011-12-06

binaryjay Wrote:Is there any particular reason why exiting PseudoTV in pre-eden (using Aeon MQ3, linux) always causes the main xbmc menu to seem to get stuck without any focus and the only fix seems to be to exit xbmc and start it again?

I posted this earlier in this thread. Open Home.xml in the 720p folder and line 5 should read:

Code:
<defaultcontrol always="true">4056</defaultcontrol>

Change it to read:

Code:
<defaultcontrol always="true">300</defaultcontrol>

As I mentioned in my post earlier, I don't use MQ3 so that fix may have a side effect that I didn't see, but in my limited testing that fixed the problem.

- RockDawg - 2011-12-06

dugan26 Wrote:RockDawg - your my NEW BEST FAVORITE person right now!!!!

It worked!!!! Yaaaahoooooooo!!!!

Hey i know you said your not a skinner but can you explain (what you know) or can someone explain what that 300 or 9000 is used for here ...

Should this be a recommended "fix" to any new MQ3 updates?

No problem. Again, I'm not real knowledgeable about skinning. I just figured some stuff out while trying to mod skins to my liking. butchabay showed me the fix as it pertaims to Cirrus Extended, and I was able to figure out how that applied to MQ3.

Basically, that is setting the default control whenever the home page appears. In other words it's setting what on the home page should have focus. 4056 is the Startup Assistant in MQ3. I'm not totally sure, and I could certainly be wrong, but I think it is the wizard-like tool that helps you setup MQ3 the first time you run it. I'm not sure how that comes into to play later though. 300 is the id for the horizontal main menu. Obviously, that is what we are wanting to have the focus.

So by changing it, we are saying whenever the home page is loaded, give the focus to the main menu instead of the "Startup Assistant". Like I said though, without me fully understanding what that is, what it's supposed to do or when it's supposed to have focus, it's likely my change broke something. With any luck it's something you'll never use or miss, but you might be missing out on a cool feature of MQ3. I just don't know. I suppose that setting could be a bug that should be permanently changed, but I would trust that the creator(s) of MQ3 know far more about what they are doing than I do.

- djinn5150 - 2011-12-06

Lunatixz Wrote:Hi I would be interested in your service to start ptv, please share Smile

For those of you who are interested in this, I started a new thread just for this addon.

Please keep in mind this is in very early stages, is very simple, and happens to be my first jump into python and Xbmc addon coding.

Anyway here goes.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=953242#post953242