Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- tuckbodi - 2011-12-13

Any news on the Menu button issue for ATV2's?

I pasted a log awhile back and it sounded like something you were going to check into. No hurry, just curious...

- choclate - 2011-12-13

Jason102 Wrote:Rastan: Glad that worked, at least I've narrowed down the loop that's causing problems...still not sure why. At least the "fix" works for now, though.

Abe Froman: At the moment I'm concerned about bug fixes. I found a couple of issues in the configuration tool that I've fixed, and IceLibrary seems to work a little better. After the bug fix version is released, I want to get a key configuration tool in there for the large group of people that have issues with that. Beyond that, I don't know. You're right, music channels have been requested for a while, so maybe I'll add that to the list.

Keeper: This has been requested before, so I may add it to the list...I don't expect it to be difficult, it's just a matter of doing it.

choclate: If you downloaded from any link to stable-pre then you'll always get the newest version. I think I may add an option (probably disabled by default) to remove any IceLibrary entries from PTV. The problem is if the video fails to load then I have no way of knowing, so I can't do anything about it. Plus I doubt everyone actually wants their IceLibrary stuff in there necessarily. I'll add something soon to stable-pre so you can at least disable IceLibrary if you want until I get some kinks worked out.

Thanks Jason!, for now it was getting so unstable that i removed icelibrary folders from being added to the XBMC database so that took care of them not also showing up in Pseudo tv. I can live without all the episodes of the tv shows for some time as i have the latest one already downloaded fully in my library.
In future i would give it a shot for sure once we have more stable build/functionality available. Can't thank you enough, even my wife loves pseudo tv and all i have heard from her in the past that these projects of mine are just waste of time...Wink

- bolex17 - 2011-12-13

tuckbodi Wrote:Any news on the Menu button issue for ATV2's?

I pasted a log awhile back and it sounded like something you were going to check into. No hurry, just curious...

I think Jason is looking into it.. but for now here's a quick dirty fix.

bolex17 Wrote:
Dirty Fix.

Quick dirty fix atm is to change your
<!-- menu --> <button id="6">Back</button>
to
<!-- menu --> <button id="6">PreviousMenu</button>

in joystick.AppleRemote.xml

- Deano316 - 2011-12-13

choclate Wrote:even my wife loves pseudo tv and all i have heard from her in the past that these projects of mine are just waste of time...Wink

Ha ha Laugh My wife said the same thing!! Laugh

- Keeper - 2011-12-13

@ RockDawg - why not use my App to change the <studio> tags of each series?
You can then make Cheers use a studio of "80s' and set Coach to a studio of "90s" - you then simply add those networks as channels in PseudoTV

@jason - that's awesome! It's the only thing left I would love to see in PTV, as having double logo's or zero logo's spoils the experience somewhat.

- Lunatixz - 2011-12-14

Latest git is awesome, hiding iceflims is something I've been waiting for; any chance you can add an option to hide amazon plugin library also?

- RockDawg - 2011-12-14

Keeper Wrote:@ RockDawg - why not use my App to change the <studio> tags of each series?
You can then make Cheers use a studio of "80s' and set Coach to a studio of "90s" - you then simply add those networks as channels in PseudoTV

@jason - that's awesome! It's the only thing left I would love to see in PTV, as having double logo's or zero logo's spoils the experience somewhat.

Yah but then I lose the studio logo in my skin and I wouldn't want that. I know I could also add 80's to the genre tag and that would solve the problem too, but I don't want to do that either. I don't like having tags with incorrect or extraneous information in them. That all seems like a hack when it's really easy to just manually add the shows to a playlist.

Nice little program you made though. I'm sure many will find it useful.

Hdhomerun channels - Ebatte - 2011-12-15

Would it be possible to create channels that point to hdhomerun .strm file as a means of displaying live tv in pseudotv? That would be great if possible.

- dsync89 - 2011-12-15

I seemed to be having a weird and loud 'click' sound and then the sound volume will dropped to 0 when using this script on Cirrus Extended Mod v2. Running XBMC on MBP 2011.

Anyone experiencing same problem as I did?

- Lunatixz - 2011-12-15

Ebatte Wrote:Would it be possible to create channels that point to hdhomerun .strm file as a means of displaying live tv in pseudotv? That would be great if possible.

I'm not sure that's possible, I also have HDhomerun... and from my understanding Ptv, and TVtime needs to know the run-time (duration) of the content playing before it can generate channels...

Hopefully Jason102 would have an idea if you can.

I'm guessing you can test it by generating a strm for a movie or tv show, have your xbmc library scan it in, then change the link inside to strm to the hdhomerun strm link... run ptv, maybe it would work? let me know Wink

- Jason102 - 2011-12-15

Ebatte: Lunatixz gave a great answer. I need the duration, so if it's available, maybe it'll work.

dsync89: I don't know. This plugin doesn't deal with the volume at all, so I can't really help, sorry.

Lunatixz: How do I identify Amazon files? I know that IceLibrary uses .strm...what does Amazon use?

tuckbodi: Haven't had a chance to mess with the button problem. I know many people are having this issue, so I'm working on a key configuration tool that will hopefully fix any issues like this. In the mean time, there is the quick fix posted.

Keeper: Stable-pre now has a channel rule for showing or hiding the channel logo.

- Lunatixz - 2011-12-15

Jason102 Wrote:Lunatixz: How do I identify Amazon files? I know that IceLibrary uses .strm...what does Amazon use?

amazon plugin stores content to strms then adds the strm to the libary (...bradvido88 method)

I haven't had a chance to look at your new code, so i'm not sure if your filtering by title string, or path or file type...

if by file type never mind Smile but if not; by default it stores strms in userdata\ plugin.script.amazon \movies and \tvshows, I will have to double check if it adds a tag to the show title... thanks for your great work!

- Jason102 - 2011-12-15

I'm just filtering by filename, so any .strm files won't show up. Perhaps not the best solution, but I don't know if I can easily determine if a file is an Amazon stream, or IceLibrary, or something else. Perhaps I need to rename the option that I put in...

- Lunatixz - 2011-12-15

Jason102 Wrote:I'm just filtering by filename, so any .strm files won't show up. Perhaps not the best solution, but I don't know if I can easily determine if a file is an Amazon stream, or IceLibrary, or something else. Perhaps I need to rename the option that I put in...

Personally I think thats the best and easiest way to filter for this instance; filtering by type...

Glad to know it's by type, now I can setup my amazon library again Smile

- Ebatte - 2011-12-16

Jason,
I'm using PTV with reFocus on pre-eden nightly from yesterday. The PTV skin appears to be the default skin rather than the one customized for reFocus. Do I need to do anything to the config to get the refocus skin in PTV?

Thanks

[EDIT] figured it out. ReFocus skin folder was named skin.refocus.release. When I changed the skin folder inside PTV then it works as expected.