Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- wyild1 - 2011-12-19

wyild1 Wrote:Just a follow up to this. Still cannot get the OpenELEC boxes to use pseudotv to create the channels. I installed XBMC dharma on my server where the cerntral DB is stored, created the channels and enabled channel sharing. The other 2 HTPC can play the channels just fine now, but if they try to update the channels, it will delete everything as it cant find them in the DB.

So its a work around, but not ideal as i would have to launch xbmc on my server least once a week to update the channels

Is the version of XBMC installed with OpenELEC to old??

Cheers

Haha ok another follow up. So as i explained, i created the channels on my server and shared them out to my openELEC boxes. So im watching a channel on my openELEC boxes and i notice that my channells are dissapearing. Mainly the channels setup to be one tv show, but they just drop off. This is getting annoying! i dont know if the problemis openELEC or pseudotv.

Help?
Smile

Cheers!

- mcorcoran - 2011-12-19

wyild1, I had the same issue with Openelec 1.0.2 and PsuedoTV 2.0. The only version of PsuedoTV I could get to work with it was 1.2.1, which works with out a problem, If you need it I might still have a zip file of it somewhere.

I recently updated one of my Openelec to a pre-eden development build (http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/openelec-eden/) which corrected the problem with PsuedoTV v2.0. I also stopped using samba to access my files and instead use this autostart method (http://www.openelec.tv/forum/14-general-help-and-support/11391-netmountconf-is-ditched-in-new-eden-how-to-set-sambacifs-shares) which may or may not have any effect but I think something about the samba shares was creating a problem. Good luck.

- dugan26 - 2011-12-19

Jason, first off, I love PseudoTV (and so does my family) - Genius Addon! Bravo!

Question for ya, or anyone who might know for that matter ...

I've been following the thread with the regards to using Icelibrary with PTV
and have two questions:

How does one install the new stable pre? - I see the newly modified files on
github, do I just overwrite each of the new files?

Also, does this new update mean that icelibrary streams will be included into
PTV or that it will filter them out if it comes across them as to not hang the
PTV addon?

Thanks again man!

- tommymsw - 2011-12-20

I just want to say.... this is the best XBMC app EVER!!!!!!!

As funny as it is.... The only thing I missed about live TV was NOT being able to pick what show I wanted to watch. It was exciting to notice "Hey! <show name> is on". For some reason I was more excited to notice a show I like is on over picking it myself.

This app is like watching live TV with ONLY the shows you like and no commercials.

You are awesome!

p.s. A user manual would be awesome! I would like to know how to do things with this without reading 200+ pages of posts.

This is going RIGHT on my main screen of XBMC 11! Smile
I am also using XBMC 11 with it! Smile

- tommymsw - 2011-12-20

On a side note. You need to make this app show up as a "video" add-on so in XBMC 11 you can add it to the videos/movies/TV sections where it makes more sense than in the program section.

- butchabay - 2011-12-20

tommymsw Wrote:On a side note. You need to make this app show up as a "video" add-on so in XBMC 11 you can add it to the videos/movies/TV sections where it makes more sense than in the program section.

Why you don't just add your favourite to the movie submenu?
Most skins allow you such features.

- betobma3 - 2011-12-20

hello! i have a question, I install the last xbmc Nightly Builds, (XBMCSetup-20111124-da3fabb-master.exe 25-Nov-2011 11:00 48M) with aeon MQ3, i love pseudo tv, but now i have one problem!

i add the channels and they no show up wen i run pseudo tv, but when i go to manage the channels list, they apear in the list

what I am doing wrong?

PD: sorry for my english jajaja

- Jason102 - 2011-12-20

I haven't responded in a couple days, so here we go:

I've heard the request for season and episode several times in the past year. I want to do it, it just hasn't been high on the priority list. I'll bump it up a bit, though.

mwkurt (and others): I agree that there should be some sort of guide, or links to basic info. Really, though, I like to write software and so I hate to write documentation. A few links on the main post may do the trick (as mwkurt suggested) but I've just been too lazy to do it recently. Keep pestering me and it'll eventually get done, I just need to be reminded.

RockDawg: I imagine this is the crappy SMB problem. There may actually be something I can do about this particular case (shared channel data) but I'll have to think about it a bit more.

Ebatte: I know the duration for directory-based channels by going through the videos and parsing them myself to figure out the durations of each. I can't do this with a stream, though.

dugan26: Download PTV from github and just extract and overwrite your existing files in script.pseudotv. The new version has an option to include or exclude IceLibrary files (exclude by default). They are generally a bit unstable and don't work as well with PTV, so I left the option in but if they doesn't work perfectly then there may be nothing I can do about it.

betobma3: There could be a couple explanations. Either the channels don't find any matching video files in your library or (if PTV does start) then the channels may be loading in the background (you should get a popup if this is the case).

- betobma3 - 2011-12-20

thanks for the answer!

yes ptv starts, and show only 22channels (automatic added, mix, etc), when i add a tv show not show up, if they are playing in the background How can I fix it ?

- tommymsw - 2011-12-21

butchabay Wrote:Why you don't just add your favourite to the movie submenu?
Most skins allow you such features.

I am referencing the Confluence skin for XBMC 11. I am not sure how to do that. They do have an easy setup to add programs right to the main screen menu but they go by category. Right now I can only add this add-on under the "programs" section.

- tommymsw - 2011-12-21

Jason... I do like to write user guides so I would be more than happy to help you out.... once I figure it out myself that is! lol

- RockDawg - 2011-12-21

tommymsw Wrote:I am referencing the Confluence skin for XBMC 11. I am not sure how to do that. They do have an easy setup to add programs right to the main screen menu but they go by category. Right now I can only add this add-on under the "programs" section.

Unfortunately, Confluence doesn't allow it as far as I can see. It only allows you to add an addon to the category type it belongs to. So you can't put PTV under the Videos submenu, only the Programs submenu. Other skins however do allow you to put it wherever you wish. Although I can understand not wanting to switch skins just for that.

- RockDawg - 2011-12-21

tommymsw - I attached a link to an edited IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml file that adds PTV to the Videos submenu. Just download it and copy the file to \XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p. Let it overwrite the existing one (or rename that original and keep it as a backup) and restart XBMC and it should work.

http://www.box.com/s/sjqxfistaybumajyp8px

If you'd rather have it added somewhere else, let me know.

- Decimus - 2011-12-21

Any tips for what to do when TVTime or PseudoTV are stuck "Looking for channels" etc. This seems to happen alot to me. And the directories are cleaned etc.

- tommymsw - 2011-12-21

RockDawg Wrote:tommymsw - I attached a link to an edited IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml file that adds PTV to the Videos submenu. Just download it and copy the file to \XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p. Let it overwrite the existing one (or rename that original and keep it as a backup) and restart XBMC and it should work.

http://www.box.com/s/sjqxfistaybumajyp8px

If you'd rather have it added somewhere else, let me know.

Thank you, It was not a problem for me so much (although I will use it) as I was just pointing it out to you. If there will be a bunch of people switching to XBMC 11 and at least at first using the confluence skin, I figured your add-on may be more easily accepted as a "video" add-on than a "program" add-on. I am just thinking of a novice user setting up XBMC 11 for the first time and what would be easiest for them.

I would consider this a MUST HAVE add-on especially for the novice user.

P.S. That worked but it is still not quite as cool looking as the other add-ons that have their own icon and show up across videos/movies/television. And to me... I think your add-on would be way cooler there than the "you tube" and "National Geographic" ones i have there now!