Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- ryan03rr - 2011-02-02

branlr Wrote:How can I reset the script entirely? It seems to be holding onto an erroneous set of data based on the fact that I hadn't done the "all seasons" to get times. how can I start it from scratch?
plugin settings /force all channels to be reset.
hover over the addon and hit c on the keyboard

- derekos - 2011-02-02

When this is finished it needs to be incorporated into the main release. Brilliant idea and great job!

I can consistently crash PTV by pulling up the EPG, picking a channel and back arrowing (left) repeatedly on a channel.

Doesn't work out of the box with Alaska. I cannot see where my cursor is within the EPG.

I'm running the stable-pre build right now.

- Jason102 - 2011-02-02

Hmm, I'll try alaska at some point.

Can you get a debug log for me on the freeze? Also, can you try the official release and see if it's causing problems for you?

- Piers - 2011-02-02

I have tried to get this to work (with the reFocus mod) but can't seem to, I create a playlist but instead of showing the epg it starts playing files then crashes. i think this is to do more with the reFocus mod.

Lovely work anyway.

- Jason102 - 2011-02-02

@Piers: Have you tried the newest official version? There are several bug fixes that may help what you're seeing.

- jtucker1972 - 2011-02-03

@Sranshaft, is there a version of the reFocus skin with PseudoTV 1.0.5 versio. I am not sure what version comes with the reFocus + PseudoTV. Based on the dates, I would think it was 1.0.4. I really like your skin better than Confluence for PseudoTV. Also the previous link in this thread pointing to your skin + pseudotv add-on isn't working anymore.

- rtwight - 2011-02-03

steppedup Wrote:I think I found an easy way to establish duration for everything for those of us who have terabytes of shows stored up.

I have 5 or 6 huge usb drives ...with TV Series folders on each. (one folder each).

They are my sources for TV shows.
I created one playlist for each:

Playlist type: episodes
(Path) Starts With F:\TV_Shows
with no limit.

Open up the playlist and just watch the duration grow and grow and grow....

A little bit easier than going folder to folder.

[edit] I found that I had to scroll down to the very bottom of the Playlists in order to get them to start updating duration.

Hey steppedup, i tried this and it didn't work for me Sad just curious how you added the media to your database to start with. Did you create nfo files or did you have xbmc do the scraping? Seems the only way i get my duration to fix itself is to start and stop each video Sad

- steppedup - 2011-02-03

I've always used TVRename to download .nfo's, show thumbnails, etc.

But when adding to the video library, I also had xbmc scrape using recursive scraping, automated scan.

To get the overall playlists to start counting the duration, it seemed I had to scroll down to the bottom...and then keep scrolling as the playlist would get longer and longer.

- goldfinger7476 - 2011-02-03

Is anyone creating a collection of premade playlists? I love this script but I keep putting off using it because it's daunting to think of all the channels I want to make

- bridgman - 2011-02-03

goldfinger7476 Wrote:Is anyone creating a collection of premade playlists? I love this script but I keep putting off using it because it's daunting to think of all the channels I want to make

This is a good idea a sort of pseudo TV free cable subscription.Post the code for or upload proven general .XSP files. Could be handled like they do on the Cinema Experience thread. They are always updating and sharing content. Would help users who are not comfortable with the smart playlist function.

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-03

jtucker1972 Wrote:@Sranshaft, is there a version of the reFocus skin with PseudoTV 1.0.5 versio. I am not sure what version comes with the reFocus + PseudoTV. Based on the dates, I would think it was 1.0.4. I really like your skin better than Confluence for PseudoTV. Also the previous link in this thread pointing to your skin + pseudotv add-on isn't working anymore.

The version available for reFocus will always be the latest version supplied by Jason.

goldfinger7476 Wrote:Is anyone creating a collection of premade playlists? I love this script but I keep putting off using it because it's daunting to think of all the channels I want to make

bridgman Wrote:This is a good idea a sort of pseudo TV free cable subscription.Post the code for or upload proven general .XSP files. Could be handled like they do on the Cinema Experience thread. They are always updating and sharing content. Would help users who are not comfortable with the smart playlist function.

I'd be happy to include my channels for anyone to use. The current list of channels I have are:

Adrenaline Network
Animation Station
Asimov Network
Chiller - Includes all horror and thriller movies
Comedy Network
Crime TV
Drama Network
Explore / Explore HD
Family Movie Channel
Flix Comedy
Flix Drama
Flix One HD - Includes any movie from 1990 that is in HD
Flix Romance
Flix Scifi
Flix Two HD - Includes any movie older than 1990 that is in HD
Kid TV

Download here.

- tungmeister - 2011-02-03

Sranshaft could your skin be made skin independent so that it could be used with skins other than refocus?

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-03

tungmeister Wrote:Sranshaft could your skin be made skin independent so that it could be used with skins other than refocus?

Not really. It uses too many includes found in reFocus but I hope you'll be happy to know I'm working on sprucing up the default skin. This is where I am at the moment. Just need to fix one or to things (the time bar needs to be drawn above the show listings and inclusion of the info window into the official branch) before I can send it to Jason for his official approval.

- tungmeister - 2011-02-03

Glad to hear it, I used to use refocus as my main skin but recently I've been using fusion - having to switch between the two to enjoy your PseudoTV skin has been annoying :p

- jtucker1972 - 2011-02-03

@rtwight, I use Media Center Master to organize and download my shows nfo data. I also let xbmc scrape by setting the source settings to TV Show and scan recursively. My all episodes playlist works and calculates the total duration. Not all shows get a duration. This may be due to lack of duration data in thetvdb where the data gets pulled.