Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- mwkurt - 2012-01-24

Hello,

I think I have found a problem with the "Best effort scheduling" It looks like when scheduling "Days of the Week", the days Tuesday and Saturday both have the same abbreviation of "UTS". Can anyone else confirm this? I am using PTV Version 2.

Thanks,
Mark

- thumbinollie - 2012-01-25

mwkurt Wrote:Hello,

I think I have found a problem with the "Best effort scheduling" It looks like when scheduling "Days of the Week", the days Tuesday and Saturday both have the same abbreviation of "UTS". Can anyone else confirm this? I am using PTV Version 2.

Thanks,
Mark

If I understand the abbreviations correctly, they are as follows.

UMTWHFS

U=Sunday
M=Monday
T=Tuesday
W=Wednesday
H=Thursday
F=Friday
S=Saturday

I'm still having trouble actually getting scheduling to work though, but hope this helps.

- mwkurt - 2012-01-25

thumbinollie Wrote:If I understand the abbreviations correctly, they are as follows.

UMTWHFS

U=Sunday
M=Monday
T=Tuesday
W=Wednesday
H=Thursday
F=Friday
S=Saturday

I'm still having trouble actually getting scheduling to work though, but hope this helps.

Thanks for that info!

Mark

- rd1979 - 2012-01-25

The font doesn't match the screenshot when using reFocus in the Eden betas. In fact, the font looks different for beta 2. Is this a known issue?

- randomdestructn - 2012-01-26

Hey, I was searching the thread and came across this way back:

ghaberek Wrote:When I'm browsing the EPG and I get to the bottom and hit down again, XBMC locks up for a while but the video still plays in the background. I see these lines in the log file:

Code:
11:05:35 T:3520 M:2021871616 WARNING: CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for flip to complete
11:05:35 T:3520 M:2021916672 WARNING: CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for previous frame

Here is my latest log file: xbmc-20110612.log

I'm running into an issue that sounds similar to this now, using current git repo.

XBMC is locking randomly when I change channels in pseudoTV. Every time it does, I get that same FlipPage error a bunch of times and the interface freezes. I can hear the audio continuing, however. I have to xkill/killall to stop it.

Anyone know what could be causing this? Should I be opening a thread somewhere else?

Here's a sample log file showing the crash: http://pithed.org/download/xbmc.log

- Lunatixz - 2012-01-26

randomdestructn Wrote:Hey, I was searching the thread and came across this way back:

I'm running into an issue that sounds similar to this now, using current git repo.

XBMC is locking randomly when I change channels in pseudoTV. Every time it does, I get that same FlipPage error a bunch of times and the interface freezes. I can hear the audio continuing, however. I have to xkill/killall to stop it.

Anyone know what could be causing this? Should I be opening a thread somewhere else?

Here's a sample log file showing the crash: http://pithed.org/download/xbmc.log

I've been having this problem randomly for three months... and still can't narrow down why!

is your media on a network share?

I found having xbmc change refresh rate based on content sometimes helps; but i'm starting to believe the problem is with how the content was encoded.

I would keep track of when it locks up... what show and episode... if you see a pattern chances are the content is encoded badly lets say old divx or something...

also turn off DXVA2 if enabled...

BTW the error message is very vague, which is why its hard to narrow down the problem!

- randomdestructn - 2012-01-26

Thanks! I'll check DXVA and try to remember which shows.

I can reproduce the crash easily by changing channels quickly with my config. If I open pseudotv and just hit up,down,up,down,up,down it'll crash after 6 or 10 changes.

Anything else I could be doing here to narrow down whats happening? Maybe I should run with a debugger?

Lunatixz Wrote:is your media on a network share?

No, its hosted locally.

edit:
Here are 3 more log files of lock ups. I raised the logging level so we get debug messages now. Also, I'm not seeing the FlipPage error every time, so it must be something else..

http://pithed.org/download/xbmc.debug.pseudotv.crashlog.1
http://pithed.org/download/xbmc.debug.pseudotv.crashlog.2
http://pithed.org/download/xbmc.debug.pseudotv.crashlog.3

also while testing I got a real crash, with log here:
http://pithed.org/download/xbmc_crashlog-20120125_192656.log

edit again:
Lock up is a bad description of what I've been seeing. It seems that something is just blocking the video. I just had a crash where a thin band at the bottom wasn't covered, so it's still decoding the video. However something is covering it. Also the script is complaining it can't get a semaphore for TVOverlay.... so maybe something is causing a full-screen black overlay?

- betobma3 - 2012-01-26

i have an issue with some mp4 files, the file not play smoothie, and the audio fails, anyone else?

Atv2 remote - jcaa6479 - 2012-01-26

Anyone know if its possible to map an exit key to the atv2 remote or it is a trick on the remote to do it, im stuck in the channel configurator and cant get out other way then reboot the atv, any tip appreciatedSmile

Thanks for this great piece of a addon Jason, its in use in every box we have hereSmile

- GJones - 2012-01-26

I made a few bumpers to interleave between normal content. For some of my channels, the episodes do not open very noticeably and it gives a cleaner look. These are 4-15 second generic PseudoTV bumpers using the logo.

If anyone has any use for them, I would be glad to make them available. All 1280x720 mkv 24fps h.264.

- rd1979 - 2012-01-27

GJones Wrote:I made a few bumpers to interleave between normal content. For some of my channels, the episodes do not open very noticeably and it gives a cleaner look. These are 4-15 second generic PseudoTV bumpers using the logo.

If anyone has any use for them, I would be glad to make them available. All 1280x720 mkv 24fps h.264.

That sounds great, if you can post them, I'd gladly try them out.

PseudoTV + MythTV - rdarwish - 2012-01-27

Has anyone figured out a reliable way to integrate your daily/weekly MythTV recordings into PseudoTV so that you see them with the rest of your content?

I have not been able to get the majority of my recordings to be recognized and/or integrated. PTV sucks in a few movies and a show here and there, but I can't get it to suck in more or more often. I have set PTV to update Daily from the configuration menu.

Right now, I am using mythlink to create a directory of links with the show names, but it doesn't seem to be working. I also have my myth recordings set up as sources, and they seem to be getting scraped by XBMC because they will show up through the main menu (i.e. If I go to Videos->Movies, the recorded movies will show up there with their descriptions, etc.,).

I have also tried setting up channels that would play either the directory of symlinks or the TV Show by name (PTV recognizes that the show exists in the configuration menu), but it doesn't effect anything. The channel will not show up. Also, when PTV does pick up a show, it only gets a random (usually one or two) number of episodes and will repeat them over and over. For instance, I have 8 episodes of NOVA recorded. PTV only sees two of those.

The program mythlink, mentioned before, is a utility that comes with MythTV. MythTV keeps track of its recordings with its own naming scheme, but the metadata is linked to that name through MythTV's own database. So mythlink just queries the db and maps the names to symlinks in a directory of your choosing. So it doesn't actually copy the recordings to a new .mpg file, but just makes a symlink.

I would love to be able to set up channels to play those recordings at a later time in the day, when I can enjoy them. Also, I record the news each day, it would be nice to be able to set up a schedule to play those, say, an hour later, so I could jump through commercials.

If anyone has succeeded in this, I'd love to know how.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I am running the git version of XBMC on Debian Squeeze, updated as of 1/24/2012.

Regardless, I think PTV is great; it's like another level of XBMC! I would like to be able to use it almost exclusively for watching my media.

Thanks!

- CameronC - 2012-01-27

Quote:I made a few bumpers to interleave between normal content. For some of my channels, the episodes do not open very noticeably and it gives a cleaner look. These are 4-15 second generic PseudoTV bumpers using the logo.

Would definitely like to see these Smile

thumbinollie Wrote:If I understand the abbreviations correctly, they are as follows.

UMTWHFS

U=Sunday
M=Monday
T=Tuesday
W=Wednesday
H=Thursday
F=Friday
S=Saturday

Yeah, thats the abbreviation for each day of the week. My scheduling has been working fine if people want to see how my rule is done or anything like that I can try to help. Currently I use scheduling to switch my horror and my scifi channels to play the scarier/more violent shows at night starting around 8pm. Only "issue" I have with the scheduling is that I'd rather choose the time it switches back to the regular channel instead of the amount of episodes to play but thats a pretty tiny issue (And I dont know how difficult that might make channel building).

- Lunatixz - 2012-01-27

rdarwish Wrote:Has anyone figured out a reliable way to integrate your daily/weekly MythTV recordings into PseudoTV so that you see them with the rest of your content?

I have not been able to get the majority of my recordings to be recognized and/or integrated. PTV sucks in a few movies and a show here and there, but I can't get it to suck in more or more often. I have set PTV to update Daily from the configuration menu.

Right now, I am using mythlink to create a directory of links with the show names, but it doesn't seem to be working. I also have my myth recordings set up as sources, and they seem to be getting scraped by XBMC because they will show up through the main menu (i.e. If I go to Videos->Movies, the recorded movies will show up there with their descriptions, etc.,).

I have also tried setting up channels that would play either the directory of symlinks or the TV Show by name (PTV recognizes that the show exists in the configuration menu), but it doesn't effect anything. The channel will not show up. Also, when PTV does pick up a show, it only gets a random (usually one or two) number of episodes and will repeat them over and over. For instance, I have 8 episodes of NOVA recorded. PTV only sees two of those.

The program mythlink, mentioned before, is a utility that comes with MythTV. MythTV keeps track of its recordings with its own naming scheme, but the metadata is linked to that name through MythTV's own database. So mythlink just queries the db and maps the names to symlinks in a directory of your choosing. So it doesn't actually copy the recordings to a new .mpg file, but just makes a symlink.

I would love to be able to set up channels to play those recordings at a later time in the day, when I can enjoy them. Also, I record the news each day, it would be nice to be able to set up a schedule to play those, say, an hour later, so I could jump through commercials.

If anyone has succeeded in this, I'd love to know how.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I am running the git version of XBMC on Debian Squeeze, updated as of 1/24/2012.

Regardless, I think PTV is great; it's like another level of XBMC! I would like to be able to use it almost exclusively for watching my media.

Thanks!

All your answers can be found with a search in this forum...

Sounds to me like: A) your media isn't scraped into your library, B) if your media is on a network share; you have permission issues. I would setup a playlist that uses "starts with path" and use that to build your channels... if you still find some media is found and others that are 100% in that directory don't play...you have a permission or encoding problem.

You should go through the topic, I know its a lot but trust me from my experience most issues have already been discussed at nauseam...

- Jason102 - 2012-01-27

Small update to stable-pre. Added a couple of skins and fixed (hopefully) the issue with the exit button not working properly on ATV.

Quote:I am running Aeon MQ3 and when you run the channel configuration there is no ok/cancel buttons.

Use enter to add / modify rules, and exit (escape) to close and save (or not).

Quote:And finally when you have the epg guide open and you are moving up or down, when a channel reaches the top (or bottom) it seems to flicker diagonally downwards across the screen

There was a change in Eden that causes this, and unfortunately I can't fix it.

Quote:I'm having a problem with channel sharing on an smb share.

Using channel sharing on a shared folder will only work under Windows with Eden.

Quote:Why does this thread say that the latest version is v.1.2.1 but the version I have on my XBMC (I downloaded from inside XBMC) is V.2.0.0? Am I in the future?

You are indeed, sir. I hope it's a pleasant future at least.

Quote:When doing "Best case Scheduling", could someone please tell me how the "Starting Date" in the settings works.

Starting date is when the script acts like it's starting. You specify the days of the week to repeat it on, and the starting episode. So, for example, if you specify a day that's 3 weeks in the past, starting episode as 1, and play on Mondays, then it will take it to mean that it should have already played episodes 1, 2, and 3, and will start on the next monday coming up on episode 4. These values are automatically updated as time goes on.

Quote:...it's not adding my show in to the channel at all.

I don't know, I'd have to see the specific setup. Make sure that the starting date for the schedule is in the proper format...it should be DD/MM/YYYY.

Quote:I have pasted my log file from when XBMC opens to when PseudoTV crashes (about 1 and a half minutes)

I don't see anything odd. PseudoTV loads, then starts a video and that's it. You mentioned long ago that it was launched from a custom menu...does it work if run through the standard Programs menu?

Quote:XBMC is locking randomly when I change channels in pseudoTV.

Hmm, you're logs don't show anything really obviously wrong. I'm with Lunatixz: is it some set of videos that has problems?

Quote:Also the script is complaining it can't get a semaphore for TVOverlay

Where are you seeing this?