Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- publicENEMY - 2012-01-30

FDorsey Wrote:I saw on an earlier posts someone asking about subtitles but never saw an answer to the question. In PseudoTV it auto turns subtitles on, and "t" does not cut them off inside the program.

Outside of PseudoTV it works fine, but inside the program the "t" subtitle key does not work? For the time being I have moved the subtitle bar down out of view in XBMC, but then some movies do need them, so all my foreign films are at a loss until, I can figure out a resolution.

Thanks by the way, Phenominal Program

try 'M'

- tommymsw - 2012-01-30

dannycorker Wrote:I had this problem - fixed it by going to videos (or anywhere really) and then 'Add Source'. In that menu I went on 'Map Network Location' or something to that effect to add a network location to the list of sources. After doing that, the network location showed up in the menu on PSTV.

I also have my playlists folder stored on the NAS using pathsubstitution in advancedsettings.xml. Before I did this, channel sharing insisted on using its own pre defined channels, ad I couldn't work out why :/

Yes! That is the other problem I had... As soon as I chose "channel sharing" it erased all of my custom channels! I wish I had known it was going to do that...

- Quick2822 - 2012-01-31

dannycorker Wrote:I had this problem - fixed it by going to videos (or anywhere really) and then 'Add Source'. In that menu I went on 'Map Network Location' or something to that effect to add a network location to the list of sources. After doing that, the network location showed up in the menu on PSTV.

I also have my playlists folder stored on the NAS using pathsubstitution in advancedsettings.xml. Before I did this, channel sharing insisted on using its own pre defined channels, ad I couldn't work out why :/

I think I might try setting up playlists and going the pathsubstitution route.

If you could use pathsubstitution to trick PseudoTV to save the channel info to an smb share, that'd fix my issue.

- RockDawg - 2012-01-31

According to what Jason102 said earlier, non-Windows versions of Eden XBMC, the addons can't access SMB for some reason, but it should work on Windows. He thought he might have a workaround, but I never heard any more about it. Path substitution didn't work for me when I tried it because XBMC still knows it's a SMB share. What did work though was to create a mount to the network share. Then XBMC sees it as local.

- krish_2k4 - 2012-01-31

so what is the most recent update? this is all confusing with the first post not updated.

- Keeper - 2012-01-31

Hi Jason - Found a New Bug

I've updated to Eden beta 2, and using the latest pseudotv (189-g0b4c37f)

When I move right on the EPG to scroll through upcoming shows, there seems to be a redraw bug.... On the reFocus EPG, the "Purple Item Blocks" for each show flickers when paging around.
The flickering happens quite fast but it's noticeable. the EPG also seems slower

This started happening when I Upgraded to Eden Beta 2, never happened on Dharma.

here is a screenshot:

- mwkurt - 2012-02-01

Hello,

I am trying out the "Shared folder" thing and need some help. After enabling "Enable Channel Sharing", another option appears "Shared Channels Folder". Could some kind soul tell me what folder(s) this should point to on the master and slave computers?

Thanks.
Mark

love it - JustinBeaird - 2012-02-01

i love this adon only wish it had option to play the tv shows in the correct order

- pTeronaut - 2012-02-01

JustinBeaird Wrote:i love this adon only wish it had option to play the tv shows in the correct order
Agreed, It's great that it plays the same show at the same time every day, but for a mulitpart serial like the classic Doctor Who, there's just no point in watching them.

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-01

JustinBeaird Wrote:i love this adon only wish it had option to play the tv shows in the correct order

pTeronaut Wrote:Agreed, It's great that it plays the same show at the same time every day, but for a mulitpart serial like the classic Doctor Who, there's just no point in watching them.

Read the thread first, learn how to use this addon; then post an intelligent question! Because its easy to play a show in "series" episode order...

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-01

mwkurt Wrote:Hello,

I am trying out the "Shared folder" thing and need some help. After enabling "Enable Channel Sharing", another option appears "Shared Channels Folder". Could some kind soul tell me what folder(s) this should point to on the master and slave computers?

Thanks.
Mark

Doesn't matter what folder you point it to, but it has to be network shared so that another xbmc running PTV can find your channel sharing info...
if your running one xbmc then you don't need channel sharing Big Grin

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-01

tommymsw Wrote:Yes! That is the other problem I had... As soon as I chose "channel sharing" it erased all of my custom channels! I wish I had known it was going to do that...

It doesn't erase your channels, it just creates a new settings2.xml in the directory you setup channel sharing to; take a look in appdata folder you will find your old settings2.xml... if you want to enable channel sharing with your old channels, just copy the settings2.xml to the shared folder.

- JustinBeaird - 2012-02-01

Lunatixz Wrote:Read the thread first, learn how to use this addon; then post an intelligent question! Because its easy to play a show in "series" episode order...

I Dont think you understood
instead of it taking the episodes and placing them in mixed order I want an option to mix up the tv shows but play the episodes in correct air order

this cant be done with a smart playlist correctly either

say i have

eureka season 1 e1-e8
and warehouse 13 season 1 e1-e4 and season 2 e1-4

smart playlist sorts them like so
eureka - 1x01
warehouse 13 - 1x01
eureka - 1x02
warehouse 13 - 1x02
eureka - 1x03
warehouse 13 - 1x03
eureka - 1x04
warehouse 13 - 1x04
eureka - 1x05
eureka - 1x06
eureka - 1x07
eureka - 1x08
warehouse 13 - 2x01
warehouse 13 - 2x02
warehouse 13 - 2x03
warehouse 13 - 2x04

instead i want it like this but with of coarse more tv shows

eureka - 1x01
warehouse 13 - 1x01
eureka - 1x02
warehouse 13 - 1x02
eureka - 1x03
warehouse 13 - 1x03
eureka - 1x04
warehouse 13 - 1x04
eureka - 1x05
warehouse 13 - 2x01
eureka - 1x06
warehouse 13 - 2x02
eureka - 1x07
warehouse 13 - 2x03
eureka - 1x08
warehouse 13 - 2x04

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-01

JustinBeaird Wrote:I Dont think you understood
instead of it taking the episodes and placing them in mixed order I want an option to mix up the tv shows but play the episodes in correct air order

this cant be done with a smart playlist correctly either

say i have

eureka season 1 e1-e8
and warehouse 13 season 1 e1-e4 and season 2 e1-4

eureka - 1x01
warehouse 13 - 1x01
eureka - 1x02
warehouse 13 - 1x02
eureka - 1x03
warehouse 13 - 1x03
eureka - 1x04
warehouse 13 - 1x04
eureka - 1x05
eureka - 1x06
eureka - 1x07
eureka - 1x08
warehouse 13 - 2x01
warehouse 13 - 2x02
warehouse 13 - 2x03
warehouse 13 - 2x04

instead i want it like this but with of coarse more tv shows

eureka - 1x01
warehouse 13 - 1x01
eureka - 1x02
warehouse 13 - 1x02
eureka - 1x03
warehouse 13 - 1x03
eureka - 1x04
warehouse 13 - 1x04
eureka - 1x05
warehouse 13 - 2x01
eureka - 1x06
warehouse 13 - 2x02
eureka - 1x07
warehouse 13 - 2x03
eureka - 1x08
warehouse 13 - 2x04

Build a playlist for each show, make sure playlist is in episode order.... create a channel for each show, set a rule to force inorder, and in series, and pause when not watching....and if you want to hide the channel from the epg

then create a channel that will play 1 episode from each of those channels

I'm pretty sure this will work Nod

- mwkurt - 2012-02-01

Lunatixz Wrote:Doesn't matter what folder you point it too, but it has to be network shared so that another xbmc running PTV can find your channel sharing info...
if your running one xbmc then you don't need channel sharing Big Grin

Thanks for answering, but I am not sure that I understand. I tried pointing the "Shared Channels Folder" to my "playlist" folder on the my master machine, I then pointed a slave machine to the same folder over my network. What I got was an error message to the effect that "no channels were found". These are Windows 7 computers using smb shares.

I assumed that I had to point to the folder that my actual playlists were in. I am not sure now. When you say it doesn't matter what folder I use, what folder do you use?

Could you possibly explain how you are doing this?

Thanks,
Mark