Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-16

sirmeili Wrote:Ok, it is possible. I just used this code (in overlay.py):

self.infoOffset += 1
self.showInfo(NOTIFICATION_DISPLAY_TIME)

instead of:

xbmc.executebuiltin("Notification(Coming Up Next, " + self.channels[self.currentChannel - 1].getItemTitle(nextshow).replace(',', '') + ", " + str(NOTIFICATION_DISPLAY_TIME * 1000) + ")")

(and the code above it to find the next show).

Jason, perhaps you could add a setting to determine which one the user wanted. Use the info screen or the popup. I only did this because Aeon Nox's popup is in the top center and I'd rather have the info popup than the notification box. If you add the setting, I'll do the code to determine which one to display. I'm also thinking (if I have free time) do to do a custom info screen just for the coming up next that is smaller and more concise and maybe localized to the bottom right.

PSTV can already be setup to bring up the info screen on channel or content change... why would you want a redundant info screen? If I understand you correctly you would like the coming up to display info 5 miniutes earlier then if you just waited for the media to change??Rofl

BTW if you really want to change things on your own it wouldn't be hard but adding a new overlay would require a lot of work... stick to the notification popup already in place and add the correct labels for the info you would like displayed!! a few Google searches should teach you what you need to know!

- kiniki - 2012-02-16

Probably an obvious answer, but i'll ask anyway. Does using this add to the watched count?

- skimshady - 2012-02-16

kiniki Wrote:Probably an obvious answer, but i'll ask anyway. Does using this add to the watched count?

I think it does. Or at least I noticed that it had an effect on the watchlist script. It added any watched media in PseudoTV to the "watching" -list. This is not desired behavior in my opinion. Guess it depends on each user to judge this....

Also I normally want to watch a show or a movie from the start, I don't like to be put in the middle... It should start like maybe 2-3 minutes into just to avoid the starting sequence with "what happened in last episode" for TV Shows and for movies "the 20th century fox animation" etc.

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-16

kiniki Wrote:Probably an obvious answer, but i'll ask anyway. Does using this add to the watched count?

Yes Big Grin

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-17

bthusby Wrote:Also I normally want to watch a show or a movie from the start, I don't like to be put in the middle... It should start like maybe 2-3 minutes into just to avoid the starting sequence with "what happened in last episode" for TV Shows and for movies "the 20th century fox animation" etc.

Perhaps you should configure your channels how you want them...
but your opinion that "it should start like maybe 2-3 minutes into..." indicates to me that you don't understand the point of this program!

- skimshady - 2012-02-17

Lunatixz Wrote:Perhaps you should configure your channels how you want them...
but your opinion that "it should start like maybe 2-3 minutes into..." indicates to me that you don't understand the point of this program!

Yes, I think you are right. How do people use PseudoTV? You just watch the rest of a movie that randomly plays when you enter?

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-17

bthusby Wrote:Yes, I think you are right. How do people use PseudoTV? You just watch the rest of a movie that randomly plays when you enter?

Pstv emulates watching live tv... so if u tune in late the show has already started.
Psuedo - pretending to be something it is not.

If u need help setting up channels how u like them ask but don't comment what this plugin should do when it contradicts its basic function ...

- skimshady - 2012-02-17

Lunatixz Wrote:Pstv emulates watching live tv... so if u tune in late the show has already started.
Psuedo - pretending to be something it is not.

If u need help setting up channels how u like them ask but don't comment what this plugin should do when it contradicts its basic function ...

Ooops didn't mean to step on anybodies toes...

I like the whole concept as long as it is possible to skip to pseudo-beginning (2 minutes in) and pseudo-next show, almost like you have a TiVo or a PVR or something, and dead-time in the start is removed Wink

I will shut up about it for ever if I'm not talking to the choir here Smile

(the ATV2 problem, with not being able to exit the program is a pain by the way...)

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-17

bthusby Wrote:I will shut up about it for ever if I'm not talking to the choir here Smile

LOL relax, just saying if you don't like it; don't use it...

but can I ask you why you setup "real time" in your pstv setup if you don't like shows starting from the middle? I can think of quite a few ways for someone to setup pstv to act like a pvr without shows starting from random times...

- skimshady - 2012-02-17

Lunatixz Wrote:LOL relax, just saying if you don't like it; don't use it...

but can I ask you why you setup "real time" in your pstv setup if you don't like shows starting from the middle? I can think of quite a few ways for someone to setup pstv to act like a pvr without shows starting from random times...

The options to real-time are resume and random. Neither fits my bill. I think real-time is the mode I want in general.
I just want to be able to start something from the beginning if I'm dumped into the middle of an interesting show or movie.

Another thing is that I don't want pseudoTV to update watched-status and watchlist-script. Could there be an option for pseudoTV to work in a bubble, and don't update in XBMC the TV shows or Movies that has been shown on pseudoTV? Because normally when you use pseudoTV, I think, you don't watch all the time, it is more just having the TV on in the room Smile

I wrote wrong earlier, on the ATV2 just using the "menu"-button (not holding for a few seconds) should take you out of a program, in the pseudoTV this doesn't work at all.

- mwkurt - 2012-02-17

You know...if you want to start a movie or show at the beginning "when you are dumped into the middle", you could always press the back button. This will take you to the beginning of whatever you are watching.

And I don't think that there is any way to change the behavior i.e. watched status, as most all of us use the watched status to make our channels. If you don't include the watched status in your channels, when the channel is restocked with shows, you will constantly be seeing the same stuff over and over again.

Mark

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-17

bthusby Wrote:The options to real-time are resume and random. Neither fits my bill. I think real-time is the mode I want in general.
I just want to be able to start something from the beginning if I'm dumped into the middle of an interesting show or movie.

Another thing is that I don't want pseudoTV to update watched-status and watchlist-script. Could there be an option for pseudoTV to work in a bubble, and don't update in XBMC the TV shows or Movies that has been shown on pseudoTV? Because normally when you use pseudoTV, I think, you don't watch all the time, it is more just having the TV on in the room Smile

I wrote wrong earlier, on the ATV2 just using the "menu"-button (not holding for a few seconds) should take you out of a program, in the pseudoTV this doesn't work at all.

I'm not sure how pstv works on ATV2; but normally all remote control functions work, so if you tune in late a quick skip back on the remote starts the show over...
btw if you select resume, then set the channel rule to force reset, force random... it would start the show from the beginning!!

as for pstv recording watch status... pstv queues playlist, not sure you can keep it from flagging status!

Sounds to me like you should just go back to launching your videos manually or setup channels to play by path which should bypass the watchlist Smile

- sirmeili - 2012-02-17

Lunatixz Wrote:PSTV can already be setup to bring up the info screen on channel or content change... why would you want a redundant info screen? If I understand you correctly you would like the coming up to display info 5 miniutes earlier then if you just waited for the media to change??Rofl

BTW if you really want to change things on your own it wouldn't be hard but adding a new overlay would require a lot of work... stick to the notification popup already in place and add the correct labels for the info you would like displayed!! a few Google searches should teach you what you need to know!

I'm sorry, but the info popup for the "coming up" that is automated to show up 90 seconds from the end of the episode is too small to show any real information. I like the feature of it saying "hey, this is about to start after this episode", but I don't like it using the built in XBMC notification box. At least with the Info box already in place, I can hit 'i' and it goes away or can navigate left or right to see more if I choose. You don't have to like it. I offered to do the coding to make it an "option" for those that might like it, so if you like it how it is, it wouldn't change.

I also thought maybe I would make an alternate popup to replace the one that it is currently using for the automated "coming up" message (not the one on content change, which is the same one when you hit 'i'). In aeon nox, that notification box is in the top center of the screen and very annoying. I like the function but would prefer it in the bottom right or left. Just how I like it. I thought I could offer up some of my free time to help this project along if need be.

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-17

sirmeili Wrote:I'm sorry, but the info popup for the "coming up" that is automated to show up 90 seconds from the end of the episode is too small to show any real information. I like the feature of it saying "hey, this is about to start after this episode", but I don't like it using the built in XBMC notification box. At least with the Info box already in place, I can hit 'i' and it goes away or can navigate left or right to see more if I choose. You don't have to like it. I offered to do the coding to make it an "option" for those that might like it, so if you like it how it is, it wouldn't change.

I also thought maybe I would make an alternate popup to replace the one that it is currently using for the automated "coming up" message (not the one on content change, which is the same one when you hit 'i'). In aeon nox, that notification box is in the top center of the screen and very annoying. I like the function but would prefer it in the bottom right or left. Just how I like it. I thought I could offer up some of my free time to help this project along if need be.

Anyone is more then welcome to do the coding if you know how to... two tips that might help you in your venture...

1. You don't have to start from scratch... its easy to alter the time when the coming up popup launches...
2. Look for the labels you want, then add them to the coming up popup string Nod

I look forward to seeing your custom code...

btw it's also easy to edit the duration of the info screen so that when your media changes the info screen doesn't fade away quickly..<--again another easy fix

- sirmeili - 2012-02-17

Thanks lunatixz. I already found all those values. Once again though, I like the idea of it saying "coming up" 90s before the change of content, and yet again on change of the content. Just me preference I guess (and the way it works currently to an extent). I just prefer to pop up the info box than the xbmc notification box since it only accepts 1 string.

The info box already has everything I want in it, so I'm good there. Like I said I was able to replace ~10 lines of code with 2 lines to get the effect I was going after. A simple setting and an if statement would allow the user to choose which one they wanted.

I'm hoping that Jason102 is ok with other people holding out. I know his stance before was that if you wanted to help out, then just fork it. I'm believe more in a group developing for the greater good than a bunch of forks. Ultimately though it is up to him, and I understand that. I'm not sure I would fork it on my own. I would most likely just deal with the limitations in place or merge his update code into my existing mods every time an update was released.