Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- TheFonz - 2012-02-18

Lunatixz Wrote:Previous Post about speeding up

I have run through all of these pieces of advice (barring a re-install just yet) and have noticed the system is a lot cleaner, and runs a little faster with XBMC as the shell.

Now I have cleared some of the channels I did not think relevant to my needs and now I think this has caused PseudoTV to go all weird. I tried rebuilding the channels and it says that there is an issue which I think is the empty channels. Is there a way to delete these, moving up the channels below or do I need to manually type in the channels below in the empty spots? Hope this makes sense.
Cheers again!

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-18

TheFonz Wrote:I have run through all of these pieces of advice (barring a re-install just yet) and have noticed the system is a lot cleaner, and runs a little faster with XBMC as the shell.

Now I have cleared some of the channels I did not think relevant to my needs and now I think this has caused PseudoTV to go all weird. I tried rebuilding the channels and it says that there is an issue which I think is the empty channels. Is there a way to delete these, moving up the channels below or do I need to manually type in the channels below in the empty spots? Hope this makes sense.
Cheers again!

Empty channels shouldn't effect pstv. As for editing channels, I would use the built in channel editor (never manually edit, because pstv writes info as needed and not in channel order)... If you noticed you are having weird channel problems, I would delete your settings2.xml and start over... I noticed in the past that pstv had left some old channel rules in the settings once, ever since then if I make a major channel change (rarely) I just start over! also don't forget to force channel reset after changing your channel configuration.

btw don't forget to disable aero theme in windows...

- mwkurt - 2012-02-18

Lunatixz Wrote:btw don't forget to disable aero theme in windows...

Why this? and how do you do it?

Thanks,
Mark

- mwkurt - 2012-02-18

sirmeili Wrote:Thanks lunatixz. I already found all those values. Once again though, I like the idea of it saying "coming up" 90s before the change of content, and yet again on change of the content. Just me preference I guess (and the way it works currently to an extent). I just prefer to pop up the info box than the xbmc notification box since it only accepts 1 string.

The info box already has everything I want in it, so I'm good there. Like I said I was able to replace ~10 lines of code with 2 lines to get the effect I was going after. A simple setting and an if statement would allow the user to choose which one they wanted.

I'm hoping that Jason102 is ok with other people holding out. I know his stance before was that if you wanted to help out, then just fork it. I'm believe more in a group developing for the greater good than a bunch of forks. Ultimately though it is up to him, and I understand that. I'm not sure I would fork it on my own. I would most likely just deal with the limitations in place or merge his update code into my existing mods every time an update was released.

Hey sirmeili,

Just a thought...you may want to check out TVTime. It is an offshoot of PseudoTV that a fellow (JTucker) was working on for a while. He seems to have disappeared and TVTime is now abandoned. He was doing some different things with his vision of the program. I am sure that some folks would really appreciate you taking over and continuing the work on TVTime.
Just thought you may like to give it a go.

Mark

- nate123dog - 2012-02-19

I scrape Hulu Tv Shows into my library. I was just wondering how I get the hulu shows to work with Psuedotv. Thanks

- User 55003 - 2012-02-19

Hi Jason102, got a couple of skin updates..

skin.xeebo Eden version of xeebo, (changes to media folder structure).

skin.jx720 small update to to the info xml.

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-19

nate123dog Wrote:I scrape Hulu Tv Shows into my library. I was just wondering how I get the hulu shows to work with Psuedotv. Thanks

Could I ask you an honest question.... How hard did you try and get a hulu channel configured? If I had to guess... not very hard! So why post the question, when you haven't tried it yourself??

I ask because... basic logic, reasoning and a quick search of this topic would have yielded some basic facts about this plugin...

Such as...
1. Use the built in channel configuration to setup a channel
2. Setting up a playlist in xbmc and the rules in pstv to control what the channel plays...

Then you might ask....
Well how would I build a playlist just for hulu media?

Again a few minutes of reasoning would have yielded two basic conclusion...
1. Hulu content is marked with a "(Hulu)" label
2. When you setup the hulu plugin you should have setup a directory to place the scraped hulu media (strm files).

Soooo armed with this dangerous knowledge...
You could build a playlist to either find media by the path the strm files are in...or a rule to only play media with the term "(Hulu)" in it...

BTW life is not a tutorial!
Try it first, I would be more then willing to help you work out any problems!! but TRY IT FIRST!

Good Luck

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-19

mwkurt Wrote:Why this? and how do you do it?

Thanks,
Mark

XBMC for windows runs better when aero is disabled... Aero takes up a lot of gpu and cpu resources which you don't need running xbmc.
Just google "disable aero windows 7"

- kanedamgm - 2012-02-19

kanedamgm Wrote:Thank you for the quick response. I forgot to mention that I DO have the ignore short videos option disabled (well at least I am 95% sure), but I will double check when I get home.

Actually now that I think about it I know I do because I turned that option off and I started getting some extra feature videos that weren't showing up prior.

Ok, I was right. I did have the ignore short videos option disabled. The channel is setup via path and it will NOT show up in the guide. I have tried creating a new channel in the nest available slot. When I refreshed the channels it just skipped right over the bumps channel and goes right on to the new channel I setup. So the guide goes from 9 straight to 11.

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-19

kanedamgm Wrote:Ok, I was right. I did have the ignore short videos option disabled. The channel is setup via path and it will NOT show up in the guide. I have tried creating a new channel in the nest available slot. When I refreshed the channels it just skipped right over the bumps channel and goes right on to the new channel I setup. So the guide goes from 9 straight to 11.

Create a channel for your bumpers and have it play by path your bumpers are in.... Make sure hide very short videos is disabled.

Don't setup any channel rules yet, just test to see if it plays!
Let me know...

btw if you setup a channel rule not to play it will be skipped in the EPG... That's the point of that option to create a hidden channel.

- mcheng89 - 2012-02-19

Submitted changes for Apple Tv Menu button:

https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV/pull/19

- TheFonz - 2012-02-20

Lunatixz Wrote:Empty channels shouldn't effect pstv. As for editing channels, I would use the built in channel editor (never manually edit, because pstv writes info as needed and not in channel order)... If you noticed you are having weird channel problems, I would delete your settings2.xml and start over... I noticed in the past that pstv had left some old channel rules in the settings once, ever since then if I make a major channel change (rarely) I just start over! also don't forget to force channel reset after changing your channel configuration.

btw don't forget to disable aero theme in windows...

Aero was disabled long ago.
I am still getting errors that my channels are not setup correctly. I deleted 'settings.xml' but could not find 'settings2.xml' I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Cheers

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-20

TheFonz Wrote:Aero was disabled long ago.
I am still getting errors that my channels are not setup correctly. I deleted 'settings.xml' but could not find 'settings2.xml' I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Cheers

You have to have a settings2.xml thats where pstv stores your channel data.
Check: appdata folder... are you using channel sharing? if so it will be in that folder...

- TheFonz - 2012-02-20

Lunatixz Wrote:You have to have a settings2.xml thats where pstv stores your channel data.
Check: appdata folder... are you using channel sharing? if so it will be in that folder...

I'm not using channel sharing (no idea what that option is for)

- sirmeili - 2012-02-20

mwkurt Wrote:Hey sirmeili,

Just a thought...you may want to check out TVTime. It is an offshoot of PseudoTV that a fellow (JTucker) was working on for a while. He seems to have disappeared and TVTime is now abandoned. He was doing some different things with his vision of the program. I am sure that some folks would really appreciate you taking over and continuing the work on TVTime.
Just thought you may like to give it a go.

Mark

Hey Mark,

I used to use TVTime, however JTucker was continuously merging PSeudoTVs code into TVTime so you are right, it was an enhanced version of PseudoTV. I would take over that project, but like I stated before, my time is limited so I can only give time here and there (not great for running a project alone), and PseudoTV is for the most part more on track for what I"m wanting. I do think that TVTime had some great features that could improve PseudoTV, but that ultimately isn't for me to decide. If I get more free time, I may try and merge TVTime and PsuedoTV together and start another project, but just can't right now. The best I can do is give a few hours a week.