Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- sirmeili - 2012-02-21

Lunatixz Wrote:Use the option in the settings... Under visual Cool
If that doesn't work add the line below to your skins visable area in dialogseekbar.xml
Window.IsActive(fullscreenvideo) + !Window.IsActive(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml)

Luna, which exact option would that be? The only one I see that might be close is "Show info when changing channels" and that just doesn't show the info screen. That being said, I can't guarantee I have the newest version of the plugin. I'll check that out.

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-21

sirmeili Wrote:Luna, which exact option would that be? The only one I see that might be close is "Show info when changing channels" and that just doesn't show the info screen. That being said, I can't guarantee I have the newest version of the plugin. I'll check that out.

That's the option, for some skins the info and seekbar are controlled together...
If you still have the seekbar coming up you have to edit your skin's xml.

- Jason102 - 2012-02-21

Wow, I'm gone for a few days and there's 5 pages of new posts. I don't have time right now, but I'll do it tomorrow. By the way, does the latest stable-pre fix the exit button in ATV? I'll merge the menu button patch I recently got, but I don't know if the exit button works now...

- sirmeili - 2012-02-21

sirmeili Wrote:Sorry for the wrong assumption Smile It seems to start to work as soon as the weather updates (another script). I'll turn on full debug log and see what I see. Thanks for that Smile

And thanks for the infor about the iceLibrary. I'll turn it on globally and then turn it off for all other stations. It would be nice if it would go either way though. I may take a look at the code and see if I can make it do that will little effort. If so I don't mind sharing the code.

Ok, turned on iceLibrary globally and turned it off for each channel individually except the one I wanted it on. One thing I noticed was that startup time went through the roof as it seemed to want to apply the iceLibrary rule on each start of pseudoTV instead of when it build the list (not 100% sure that is what is really happening, but after removing the rules it went back to normal).

I also noticed that my new channel didn't show up. It is a pure Amazon Prime show (Sesame street and verified all STRM files). I don't have the rule to set it not visible set.

My next plan of action will be to test it with a locally stored show and Sesame street to see if it shows up then.

BTW, the way I set up this channel was buy setting the channel to 1 show, sesame street and not buy using a playlist. Perhaps that might solve it as well.

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-21

sirmeili Wrote:Ok, turned on iceLibrary globally and turned it off for each channel individually except the one I wanted it on. One thing I noticed was that startup time went through the roof as it seemed to want to apply the iceLibrary rule on each start of pseudoTV instead of when it build the list (not 100% sure that is what is really happening, but after removing the rules it went back to normal).

I've never noticed any performance problems with ice-library enabled... Maybe the first time it builds a playlist it may take longer because your adding more media, but anytime you add media like extra channels the build time will always get longer! enable background updating...

sirmeili Wrote:I also noticed that my new channel didn't show up. It is a pure Amazon Prime show (Sesame street and verified all STRM files). I don't have the rule to set it not visible set.

My next plan of action will be to test it with a locally stored show and Sesame street to see if it shows up then.

Don't waste your time amazon prime plugin is the problem... Amazon is adding DRM protection which isn't working with XBMC... This is why your strms are not building...

If you build a hulu strm channel it will work (if you want to test strm channels).

sirmeili Wrote:BTW, the way I set up this channel was buy setting the channel to 1 show, sesame street and not buy using a playlist. Perhaps that might solve it as well.

I would build a Sesame street playlist for episodes not show, and in the playlist rules path most contain c:\blah blah\hulu\sesame street\

- sirmeili - 2012-02-21

Luna, thanks for the reponse. The actual performance issue wasn't with turning on iceLibrary support in general, but adding the rule to turn off iceLIbrary support for all other channels. I noticed that on startup of PseudoTV instead of quicly going through each channel it would sit on each one saying something like "applying rule X" to each channel where X was the rule for Exclude IceLibrary.

As to the sesame street/Amazon app. Yes, some shows are affected, but Sesame street is not one of them (yet). Until it is, I don't see why it would be limited. Bluecop wrote both plugins (hulu/amazon) so I'm sure they are handled similarly. Basically if it has SWF checking, it will just fail to load, but that has nothing to do with the STRM files and from what I can tell, PSTV wouldn't know anyways unless it is grabbing each stream to try and figure out the length of each episode when it builds the playlist, which could be very well. Still, loading the show via the library works just fine for that specific show.

- Jason102 - 2012-02-21

Quote:These green bars at the top & bottom of the video constantly flicker in and out. This only happens in PseudoTV

What skin are you using? Does this happen on other skins?

Quote:It says something like "opening locked 1" or something like that and it takes too long to wait for it to finish

If there was some problem, it can take something like 10 seconds. It should normally take a second or two at most. Are you doing sharing over SMB using Windows?

Quote: It seems that the "Pause" and "resume" rules do not work on a hidden channel

Quite right, they do not. Once a hidden channel is integrated into some other channel (through interleaving or scheduling) all of its rules are lost and it follows the rules of the new channel. I don't know a way to accomplish what you're looking for.

Quote:I can't exit from PseudoTV in a normal fashion

Have you tried the latest stable-pre? I recently put in code to fix this...

Quote:min/max number of inserted videos

The min and max parameters when interleaving do exactly what you're looking for...

Quote:If I interleave 1 channel then interleave that into yet another channel

I believe this sort of thing should work, although I haven't actually tried it myself.

Quote:I am trying to do the interleaving so that my adult swim channel has the bumps between the shows

Your best bet is probably a directory channel for bumpers. You may want to change the threading mode in the options to minimum so that you can see the channel being created. I just changed that to the default since full threading mode causes confusion.

Quote:Does using this add to the watched count?

Yes. No one likes it, but I don't control that, XBMC does. I may or may not be able to fix it, but it's not very likely since direct database access was removed.

Quote:the info popup for the "coming up" ... is too small

Agreed. Several of the skinners have also requested to be able to customize that dialog. I was more concerned with the feature at the time, but it may be something that I have to give in to.

Quote:I know his stance before was that if you wanted to help out, then just fork it.

That's not my stance at all. I welcome help. My stance, though, is that I will only accept code that I want to accept. If a person wanted (and even coded) features that I don't want in, then I won't put them in.

Quote:Now I have cleared some of the channels I did not think relevant to my needs and now I think this has caused PseudoTV to go all weird.

Log?

Quote:Submitted changes for Apple Tv Menu button

Excellent, thank you! I'll merge very soon.

Quote:I turned off "include iceLibrary streams", but on one channel I set it to "include iceLibrary Streams = yes" as a rule. That channel isn't showing up at all in PseudoTV

This should work the way you're saying. The channel rule can override the global, that's the point of having that rule. One reason you could be having problems is that IceLibrary included durations for strm files, while many other plugins do not. If there are no durations then I ignore it.

Quote:The actual performance issue wasn't with turning on iceLibrary support in general, but adding the rule to turn off iceLIbrary support for all other channels.

Yea, I'm not surprised that that did bad things to performance. PTV suddenly needs to check to see if each file is a strm file and remove it from the list. Go back to the global off and a single on rule for the channel.

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-21

sirmeili Wrote:As to the sesame street/Amazon app. Yes, some shows are affected, but Sesame street is not one of them (yet). Until it is, I don't see why it would be limited. Bluecop wrote both plugins (hulu/amazon) so I'm sure they are handled similarly. Basically if it has SWF checking, it will just fail to load, but that has nothing to do with the STRM files and from what I can tell, PSTV wouldn't know anyways unless it is grabbing each stream to try and figure out the length of each episode when it builds the playlist, which could be very well. Still, loading the show via the library works just fine for that specific show.

I don't know what you want me to say, I feel I answered your question...
If the strm file can't be verified I don't think pstv will blindly add it; I assumed it was a drm issue which is what i'm having with amazon... but either way it does play strm files fine... so check your source

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-21

Jason102 Wrote:This should work the way you're saying. The channel rule can override the global, that's the point of having that rule. One reason you could be having problems is that IceLibrary included durations for strm files, while many other plugins do not. If there are no durations then I ignore it.

If I disable icefilms in the settings and enable it for a channel rule... My channel will not build.
If I enable icefilms in the settings and disable for every channel but the one I want... Channel will build, any ideas?
I'm going to go back and check my channel rules when I get home.

Also any ideas about the amazon strms? are you aware of any reason why they are ignored in ptv?

- Jason102 - 2012-02-21

Nope. Try getting the latest stable-pre and getting a complete debug log, that should help.

- sirmeili - 2012-02-21

I"m guessing the amazon is failing because there is no "duration" set in those STRM files. that makes perfect sense to me now. I looked at the code and I did notice that it skips any videos with a 0 duration.

Also Jason, sorry if I misunderstood your stance on help. It was a long time ago and I may have not completely understood why TvTime was forked off this. IT makes sense now. You didn't want all those features in PsTV. I'll continue to modify PsTV and any modifications you want, you are welcome to.

edit: I verified that the Amazon plugin does not add the duration to the NFO files it creates for insertion into the databse. This explains a lot. I'll ask Bluecop for this feature (if possilbe).

- sirmeili - 2012-02-21

Jason102 Wrote:The min and max parameters when interleaving do exactly what you're looking for...

I don't think it does. Currently the min/max tell it how often to insert a video, not how many to insert. So if I set it to 1/1 it will insert a video every other video. If I insert 1/2 it will insert a video every 1-2 videos in the main channel.

In order to do my Movie channels I have 3 channels set up: Coming soon intros, Trailers, and Feature Presentation Intros. In order to get this to work, I had to interweave each channel into the main one so it was like this:

Coming soon - 1/1 (it inserts a coming soon every other movie)
Trailers - 2/2 (it inserts a trailer every 2 videos after the coming soon giving me movie -> Coming soon -> Trailer)
Feature Into - 3/3 (I inserts a featured presentation intro every 3rd video giving me movie -> coming soon -> trailer -> feature presentation intro -> movie -> etc.)

I don't think interweaving will do what I want since I want there to be between 1-3 trailers between movies and the interleaving doesn't allow me that much control. (because I can't predict how many videos before I put the featured presentation intro) I may have to fork the project and add some settings for movie channels (I only say to fork it because I'm not sure you'd want this change in PsTV).

For movie channels I will add settings similar to how Cinema Experience works:

Set folder for Coming soon videos and Min/max number to play (most likely will always be 1)
Set folder trailers and min/max to play
Set Folder for feature movie intro videos and min/max number to play (most likely always 1)

This will allow me to set my Movie channels to do what I state above. Like I said though, I don't think you'll want these changes in PsTV, which is understandable. They aren't very likely to be popular additions.

I have some other features in mind like Commercials and Bumpers (like TvTime had). I think interleaving works fine for those, but having it automated like it was in TvTime was nice. I like the interweaving for creating complex channels, but for what i"m looking for it just isn't flexible enough and I don't think it should be. I have specific needs that interleaving doesn't need to support.

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-21

sirmeili Wrote:I have some other features in mind like Commercials and Bumpers (like TvTime had). I think interleaving works fine for those, but having it automated like it was in TvTime was nice. I like the interweaving for creating complex channels, but for what i"m looking for it just isn't flexible enough and I don't think it should be. I have specific needs that interleaving doesn't need to support.

Perhaps then it will be time to move your discussion into the tv time topic? So not to pollute this topic with unrelated content?

I'll check there time to time to see your progress with your additions... If you need help let me know; My time is limited but I'm more then welcome to help...

- sirmeili - 2012-02-21

That's fine. I'll stop polluting this topic, however, I don't see myself offering up most of this to the public. At least not anytime soon. While I have time to help out with a project, I don't have time to fully support a project so I will just do the work and maybe at some point just offer it up for someone else to manage if they so please.

Thanks for all the help!

- mcheng89 - 2012-02-21

Many thanks for this plugin!

PseudoTV and Ceton infinitiTV on Engadget!!!
http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/20/premium-cable-tv-comes-to-xbmc-goodplayer-and-more-via-infinitv/